Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by maddog14
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150724_215224.jpg
20150724_215232.jpg
20150807_195058.jpg
20150807_195122.jpg
20150807_200456.jpg
20150807_200442.jpg
20150807_212027.jpg
BBWP.jpg
JJP_WOZ_SE.jpg
big-bass-wheel-pro-arcade-prize-redemption-game-baytek-games.jpg
Broke.jpg
image.jpg
loc-joint.jpg
woz_cab.jpg
image.jpg
Downvote.jpg

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Doesn't really matter ... We just don't buy them.
The will is strong within us.
If you don't get the latest and greatest pinball machine, it's hardly the end of the world, in the bigger scheme of things.
rd

Says the guy with 113 pinball machines!! cheers mate !!

#402 4 years ago

HobbitLE Price increase!
from 7500 to 9500€
Thanks, but no thanks! Cancelled my pre-order!

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

HobbitLE Price increase!
from 7500 to 9500€

Wait, they increased the price for those that had already pre-ordered? In the past didn't JJP let pre-order folks "lock in" their price? This seems like a significant change and would take out one of the few actual benefits to pre-ordering.

#404 4 years ago

HobbitLE Price increase!
from 7500 to 9500€

Did it?

https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=60
https://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=97

Edit: If it's for Europeans only, then they can probably bear it. With the NIB and used prices I see for some games, I figure only the highest Saudi princes can afford pinball abroad.

#405 4 years ago

Probably has to do with current exchange rates...the US dollar is pretty strong now

#406 4 years ago

Welcome to Suckersville. That's the place where a bunch of people join their countries' disjointed and dissimilar economies under one group of unelected bureaucrats that don't care about anything but self-enrichment via corporate involvement and patronage.

#407 4 years ago

yep $/€

#408 4 years ago

I have mentioned it a few times before, me, distro and JJP should take a part of the hit, as it is an unforseen situation. I offered an additional payment of 250 but it was not enough, so I cancel. JJP is still happy that orders from abroad are coming in, so he wouldnt mind to pay me back..I hope..

#410 4 years ago

Exchange rates are going to hurt Stern and JJP. The US$ is up so everything is more expensive. The enthusiasm for NIB pins in NZ is a lot lower than it was!

#411 4 years ago

26/3 = 8.6%
8.6% of 7500=650
me, as I offered, takes a hit of 250
JJP takes a hit of 250
distro takes a hit of 150.
= all happy.

#412 4 years ago

Yep. This is exactly why I decided to get out of MMRLE. Really wanted one but I ordered for € 7990 and now the price would be around € 9600. Bit too much.

#413 4 years ago

Pinbally you are dividing two times. It's 650 each.

#414 4 years ago

well, that is when it is is as current list price, I already extracted the pre-order ''benefit''..

#415 4 years ago

Don't forget, a company can sell a product for whatever it wants to in any given market location.

Canon lenses are more money in Japan, than they are in the USA, even though they are made in Japan.

Martin Logan speakers were less money in Den Haag than anywhere in the USA (they are made in Kansas, USA).

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't forget, a company can sell a product for whatever it wants to in any given market location.

Of course, I was just surprised that there was a "price adjustment" on an existing pre-order. But sounds like it's common practice where exchange rates are involved?

#417 4 years ago

HobbitLE Price increase!
from 7500 to 9500€

Ouch.

Would it have been the same hit if the hobbit would have shipped as (contractually) promised? Of so, oh well. If not, you should get a little relief.

Though, one question, if the exchange rate had change in the other direction, would folks feel the same way?

#418 4 years ago

Did you already pay the full price of the pinball? Then the pinball was just paid with the 7500,- price

#419 4 years ago

Although I really like my WOZ...it's starting to look, more and more, that I won't be buying Pat Lawler's game once it's done.

I can't pay the prices that JJP is charging these days.

I was looking forward to it...at this point, I can't afford it.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Of course, I was just surprised that there was a "price adjustment" on an existing pre-order. But sounds like it's common practice where exchange rates are involved?

Not that I've ever heard of.

But it all depends on the contract he signed.

#421 4 years ago

The problem is: there was no contract signed. I just ordered the machine and got an order confirmation with the agreed upon price. Only later when I heard rumors of price changes I informed with the distributor and then it was told that their General Terms have a clause that when the dollarprice changes more than 10% the price will be adjusted accordingly.

On the confirmation was no mention of "General Terms applicable" or something.

#422 4 years ago

I don't like the recent price increases from Stern and JJP but I can't really blame them when their games are far more complicated then pretty much any of the redemption games on the page below that cost the same amount and then some.

One of the reasons that redemption games costs so much is that arcade owners will pay the crazy prices as they bring in a lot of money. We have all heard over the last so many years that pinball machines do not bring in as much money as redemption games. Could that be changing and the gap between them is actually getting closer? Maybe pinball machines are starting to make more money then in previous years and that has led to operators be willing to pay more?

http://www.bmigaming.com/games-arcade-prizeredemption.htm

What looks more complicated and costly to manufacture?

Big Bass wheel pro at $10k+ Giant plastic wheel, plastic handle and a 20"+ LCD.

big-bass-wheel-pro-arcade-prize-redemption-game-baytek-games.jpg

WOZ standard at $8500 with stainless steel parts, a bunch of moving parts and far more programming.

JJP_WOZ_SE.jpg

Both machines above are made in the USA but WOZ appears to be the more complicated of the two to build.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

The problem is: there was no contract signed. I just ordered the machine and got an order confirmation with the agreed upon price. Only later when I heard rumors of price changes I informed with the distributor and then it was told that their General Terms have a clause that when the dollarprice changes more than 10% the price will be adjusted accordingly.

One almost never breaks requiring little to no maintenance.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

lol ..what people have you been talking too?? jjp haters? I don't know anyone who doesn't like playing it..
so there..

Then you do not know me I hate playing Woz.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Maybe time to look for a new distributor? But maybe they all do this (with the multiple-year delays between down payment and shipping that JJP and now PPS have introduced, it's understandable why the distributors might want this protection).

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Big Bass wheel pro at $10k+ Giant plastic wheel, plastic handle and a 20"+ LCD.

You picked my favorite game.

I love pulling that big handle, there is a lot of satisfaction in the way it moves.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I love pulling that big handle, there is a lot of satisfaction in the way it moves.

Wheels from wheel of fortune and the price is right are ultra successful in slots too. Something very satisfying about a wheel

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe time to look for a new distributor? But maybe they all do this (with the multiple-year delays between down payment and shipping that JJP and now PPS have introduced, it's understandable why the distributors might want this protection).

Its exactly the same situation in Australia. (Not 100% sure how legal it is under Australian consumer law.)

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Says the guy with 113 pinball machines!! cheers mate !!

Rest assured none of them cost $9500 USD (x 0.65c exchange rate) plus shipping plus tax plus conversion ....

$17,000 NZD buys a lot of old clangers.

rd

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Rest assured none of them cost $9500 USD (x 0.65c exchange rate) plus shipping plus tax plus conversion ....
$17,000 NZD buys a lot of old clangers.
rd

I'm just jealous. You have a great collection

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

OK now I can say I know one.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

OK now I can say I know one.
if your in my neighbourhood look me up we can play one of my other machines.

#433 4 years ago

I am 100% certain that JJ will do whatever he can to destroy his fledgling business. Perhaps JJP will survive in spite of Jack, but at this time, the best thing that could happen to the company would be for Jack to ease out of the business. He seems to be making a lot of mistakes lately and his handling of these problems usually makes things worse, not better.

But when your name is on the door, you can usually do things however you want... just don't expect your customers to put up with it forever.

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I am 100% certain that JJ will do whatever he can to destroy his fledgling business. Perhaps JJP will survive in spite of Jack, but at this time, the best thing that could happen to the company would be for Jack to ease out of the business. He seems to be making a lot of mistakes lately and his handling of these problems usually makes things worse, not better.
But when your name is on the door, you can usually do things however you want... just don't expect your customers to put up with it forever.

Seems like you must have seen his latest financials as well as his forecast model to make a statement like that. Surprised he shared it with you with them being a private business and all.

#435 4 years ago

shouldnt the price increase only affect new purchases? pre orders should remain at the original price, when initially ordered?
people with pre orders already in, should not have to bear the brunt of a price hike.
sorry if someone else mentioned this earlier

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I am 100% certain that JJ will do whatever he can to destroy his fledgling business.

Makes sense

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I am 100% certain that

LMFAO

#438 4 years ago

My price didn't change.

#439 4 years ago

Mine either.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

My price didn't change.

Same here, it must only apply to new orders.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

My price didn't change.

Quoted from Goronic:

Same here, it must only apply to new orders.

I'm pretty sure it only applies to currency that is falling against the USD. Since you are all in the US, and paid in USD, it makes sense that your cost would not change.

My NIB price has soared since our dollar plummeted. If i had been in on the preorder, I'm sure my distributor would be asking for more cash since their cost will have gone up as well.

#442 4 years ago

But if someone already paid for their game; why would it mater what the current currency exchange rate is?

The transaction has already taken place, right???

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'm pretty sure it only applies to currency that is falling against the USD. Since you are all in the US, and paid in USD, it makes sense that your cost would not change.
My NIB price has soared since our dollar plummeted. If i had been in on the preorder, I'm sure my distributor would be asking for more cash since their cost will have gone up as well.

Is there an option to purchase direct from PinballSales or JJP if you live outside the US? Or do you have to go through a local distributor? Just curious if JJP has a similar clause that the Distributors do (as described by <b>ronaldvg</b> above)? Having the Clause in the agreement that prices can change if the dollar prices changes more than 10%.

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

But you don't buy Big Bass Wheel for the home arcade.

Quoted from ledge:

shouldnt the price increase only affect new purchases? pre orders should remain at the original price, when initially ordered?
people with pre orders already in, should not have to bear the brunt of a price hike.
sorry if someone else mentioned this earlier

My price didn't change

#445 4 years ago

HobbitLE Price increase!
from 7500 to 9500€

If you preordered, then how did it go up $2000 ?!?!?

#446 4 years ago

If you placed a preorder at a certain price you already had a contract. They can't just increase the price on you because they want to after the fact.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

But you don't buy Big Bass Wheel for the home arcade.

I'm trying to figure out how I could use it in the gameroom... Pick your pizza topping on the Big Bass Wheel! Pick your desired chips from the cupboard on the Big Bass Wheel! Or pick your craft beer on the Big Bass Wheel... nope, you're right, I'm not got to buy a Big Bass Wheel for my home arcade.

BBWP.jpg

#448 4 years ago

The price increases due to currency fluctuations are relevant to the local contract you sign. I thought about TH and the Australian distributor wanted something like 1k down and the balance when it was shipping to me. While that was good in that I did not have to put money out and wait for a while there was a clause that if the AU$ dropped below a certain point the price would change or something like that.

I could have bought one direct from JJP and paid up front in which case the exchange rate would be based on what I paid at the time but I would have needed to pay up front.

Given what the exchange rate is doing I'm glad that there is nothing from the US I particularly want right now!

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I'm glad that there is nothing from the US I particularly want right now!

Then all we can give you is our love.

#450 4 years ago

Ahh thanks vid! I'm actually from California. We go back over every couple years. Last year was awesome, things were pretty cheap there. Next year may not be so good!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Wimberley, TX
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside