Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by maddog14
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150724_215224.jpg
20150724_215232.jpg
20150807_195058.jpg
20150807_195122.jpg
20150807_200456.jpg
20150807_200442.jpg
20150807_212027.jpg
BBWP.jpg
JJP_WOZ_SE.jpg
big-bass-wheel-pro-arcade-prize-redemption-game-baytek-games.jpg
Broke.jpg
image.jpg
loc-joint.jpg
woz_cab.jpg
image.jpg
Downvote.jpg

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I have a friend who paid cash for a new Ferrari. I asked why pay so much for a Ferrari when he could spend half as much for a Corvette Z06. He said because he wanted a Ferrari and he had the means.
I love his car and am happy he got what he wanted. However, others who don't like him are jealous and complain about him spending so much money on a car. They remind me of people on here complaining about anyone buying WOZ or any other game over 8K. Some people have the means to buy what they want without the thought of cost. If you don't like it, don't cry about it. Get over it.

He said because he wanted a Ferrari he did not attack Corvette like JJP fans attack Stern no excuse.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Really??? TSPP and POTC feel clunky as hell. TSPP feels like it might fall apart when you play it. Both decent games but they do not feel solid to play.

I've put thousands of plays on TSPP and POTC and they've never fallen apart.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I am so dissappointed I always just figured anywhere he would go Centerflank would just use his Light Bike....

The light trail the bike emitted kept splitting all the pins in half I towed on a trailer so I had to stop using it.

#304 4 years ago

were they splitting just the poorly made sterns apart or did that include all pins?

#305 4 years ago

I know this is slightly off topic, but I just finally watched the third of the Hobbit movies. What a letdown this whole series was compared to the epic LOTR movies. Reminds me of the letdown of the Star Wars episode 1-3.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I know this is slightly off topic, but I just finally watched the third of the Hobbit movies. What a letdown this whole series was compared to the epic LOTR movies. Reminds me of the letdown of the Star Wars Episode 1-3.

Yep, should have been one great film instead.

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

What a letdown this whole series was compared to the epic LOTR movies.

The LOTR is a much more epic story to be honest. The Hobbit is much more simplistic and rather boring at times. Heck, Jackson actually had to take 'artistic license' and spruce it up a bit. If he didn't it would have been much more of let down than it already was.

#308 4 years ago

Actually those that can afford a NIB LE from Stern or JJP are fortunate. It is pricey and there isn't a HUGE price difference between the two. My friends think I am nuts if I spend more than 2000 on a pin, let alone over 6K. For those of you that have several pins - congrats on your success. We bicker about pinball companies back and forth too much - it's pinball folks. I am happy anyone is making pinball machines at all!

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

were they splitting just the poorly made sterns apart or did that include all pins?

Just Jjp cabs, I bought 8 woz's and that split those half ass cabs in half, superior build quality my ass.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I know this is slightly off topic, but I just finally watched the third of the Hobbit movies. What a letdown this whole series was compared to the epic LOTR movies. Reminds me of the letdown of the Star Wars Episode 1-3.

You cannot compare hobbit to EP1,2 and 3. Hobbit is still 1000x's better than that trash emitted from Lucas's anal gland.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The LOTR is a much more epic story to be honest. The Hobbit is much more simplistic and rather boring at times. Heck, Jackson actually had to take 'artistic license' and spruce it up a bit. If he didn't it would have been much more of let down than it already was.

That's because he stretched it into 3 long movies. The smaller story could have been great with just one movie. And I wouldn't have had to sit through what felt like 20 minutes of dwarves washing dishes.

image.jpg

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You cannot compare hobbit to EP1,2 and 3. Hobbit is still 1000x's better than that trash emitted from Lucas's anal gland.

Peter Jackson did just as good of a job ruining Hobbit as Lucas did on eps 1-3.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Possible....just going by JJP's official published price of WOZ vs Sterns official published price of KISS LE. Apples with apples.
Are there no dealer prices on WOZ? (No idea since I'm not in the US.)

If AU is anything like Canada, MSRP definitely DOES matter.

Not everyone lives in the centre of the pinball universe.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've put thousands of plays on TSPP and POTC and they've never fallen apart.

Agreed. I owned a POTC for a while it felt very solid. The ship toy is amazing and one of the best in pinball. I sold mine as to me the rules felt too shallow. Had POTC leveraged a Keith Johnson story based ruleset I think it would be in the top 10 today. It's still a very fun game as it is.

#315 4 years ago

That is why I stopped watching the Hobbit movies. I knew I would enjoy the pin much more if it did not bring back memories of a bad movie. Hell, I switched to the SE model just so I didn't have to be reminded of that stupid Goblin chase scene. Watching the first two was nearly enough to entice me to cancel my order.

I hope JJP purges most of the stupid fluff material by the time the pin comes out. The pin would better than the movies simply by doing some judicious editing.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

If there is one importer/distributor, then it's the same - one for Stern and one for JJP. The price is the MSRP plus tax plus freight. No competition, no discounts.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I had to give you a thumbs up for your avatar... GO PENS!!

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That's because he stretched it into 3 long movies. The smaller story could have been great with just one movie. And I wouldn't have had to sit through what felt like 20 minutes of dwarves washing dishes.
image.jpg

I fell asleep in all of the LOTR and Hobbit films at least once. I have a tough time believing many others didn't do the same.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agreed. I owned a POTC for a while it felt very solid. The ship toy is amazing and one of the best in pinball. I sold mine as to me the rules felt too shallow. Had POTC leveraged a Keith Johnson story based ruleset I think it would be in the top 10 today. It's still a very fun game as it is.

I feel games like POTC and CV are just right.I have a AC/DC and I know I will never finish all 12 songs to get to wizard mode.Games like POTC and CV I will see wizard mode a couple times a year.The thing I like least about newer game Stern included is they have gotten to deep.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If there is one importer/distributor, then it's the same - one for Stern and one for JJP. The price is the MSRP plus tax plus freight. No competition, no discounts.

Couldn't you order from a U.S. Distributor and just lay them to ship it to you?

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Can you name most of the characters in the movie? After 8-9 hours of hobbit movies, I don't feel any connection to any of them and can't remmeber their names

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I know this is slightly off topic, but I just finally watched the third of the Hobbit movies. What a letdown this whole series was compared to the epic LOTR movies.

That's what happens when you take a thin book and stretch it out 9 hours.

#323 4 years ago

Well, since this thread has gotten derailed a bit I don't mind posting this. I absolutely loved all 3 Hobbit movies. To me they were not as great as the LOTR trilogy but still very good and a blast to watch.

BTW, they are rated 8.0, 8.0, and 7.5 respectively on IMDB. And that is a tough crowd!

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And I wouldn't have had to sit through what felt like 20 minutes of dwarves washing dishes.

Not as bad as this...

#t=2m45s

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Not as bad as this...
» YouTube video

We watch that every Christmas, commercials and all.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

BTW, they are rated 8.0, 8.0, and 7.5 respectively on IMDB. And that is a tough crowd!

The 61% on Rotten tomatoes would be more realistic.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hobbit_the_battle_of_the_five_armies

#327 4 years ago

Yeah, but even on Rotten Tomatoes the percent of the audience that gave likes to the three films was 83%, 86%, and 76% respectively.

#328 4 years ago

The Hobbit movies were good in my opinion - LOTR movies were great and set a high bar.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Peter Jackson did just as good of a job ruining Hobbit as Lucas did on eps 1-3.

Disagree. Is hobbit as great as LOTR. Not at all. But i'd watch the hobbit trilogy once a week for a year, over having to watch Ep 1, 2 and 3 even once.

#330 4 years ago

I picked up my WOZ 75th at Pintastic. $9k US + $1k CDN brokerage & tax. So over $12k CDN, if I had to get it shipped it would be over $13k CDN. Plays better than WOZEC I had ealier in my opinion for set up. The only thing I didn't get was a manual.

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=155&idcategory=2

Stern pinball machines have gone up a lot also from Pro, Premium, & LE models.

#331 4 years ago

Not sure what everybody is complaining about.

WOZ is still a freaking bargain compared to Jpop's Alice you can order right now for $9995

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Couldn't you order from a U.S. Distributor and just lay them to ship it to you?

Have thought about it. Warranty would be the only issue particularly in Australia - may be ok in Canada.

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not sure what everybody is complaining about.
WOZ is still a freaking bargain compared to Jpop's Alice you can order right now for $9995

The Hobbit movies sucked. Fell asleep in all of them. Went to each with kids thinking they had to get better. They didn't

Down voters think Jpop is better deal than WOZ? Lol

#334 4 years ago

For me I bought my first and last JJP, unless they are willing to come down a little in price. $7500 was a bit more than I wanted to spend, anything above that is out of the question for me. Obviously they will sell at higher prices, but I won't be one of those buyers.

The thing is, once I'm out on games they make, I could care less to even keep up with what they are doing. They will pretty much be off my radar. For instance since Ferrari was mentioned, I never find myself looking to see what Ferrari is doing today.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We watch that every Christmas, commercials and all.

Next time, watch it with these guys:

http://www.rifftrax.com/the-star-wars-holiday-special

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The Hobbit movies sucked. Fell asleep in all of them. Went to each with kids thinking they had to get better. They didn't

Down vote is for bringing up Jpop at all

#337 4 years ago

Jpop.

#338 4 years ago

Just got my email today, WOZ shipped and on its way...

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Just got my email today, WOZ shipped and on its way...

Congrats! How long does it take to get there? Just curious.

#340 4 years ago

anyone that would pay $8000 for a woz standard edition would surely pay $8500

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

A fat Spamaholic Hawaiian paddles it from the Port of Los Angeles via hand-carved wooden canoe.

So...you know...a long time.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

A fat Spamaholic Hawaiian paddles it from the Port of Los Angeles via hand-carved wooden canoe.

Been a rough day, huh?

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

last stern from factory was a little under 3 weeks. This is from jjp factory, we'll see. Will post video upon arrival.

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

last stern from factory was a little under 3 weeks.

Thanks. I have a friend who lives in Hawaii that I'll be seeing. I'll check in with you sometime to hear more about costs, availability of support, etc.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Thanks. I have a friend who lives in Hawaii that I'll be seeing. I'll check in with you sometime to hear more about costs, availability of support, etc.

which island? does he have pins? Im pretty sure me and my friend dave are holding down the pinball scene on kauai.

#346 4 years ago

double post

#347 4 years ago

I'll PM you tomorrow. Aloha!

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The main problem was with lots of new innovation they introduced a ton of unknowns that were not properly QC'ed and tested long term. This resulted in a lot of problems. .

Good point...

Can you expand on how their difficulty properly clearcoating a plywood playfield falls under the "new innovations" category of excuses though?

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

anyone that would pay $8000 for a woz standard edition would surely pay $8500
» YouTube video

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It was more the ridiculous statement that you can still pre-order Alice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11,500.00
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside