Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by maddog14
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150724_215224.jpg
20150724_215232.jpg
20150807_195058.jpg
20150807_195122.jpg
20150807_200456.jpg
20150807_200442.jpg
20150807_212027.jpg
BBWP.jpg
JJP_WOZ_SE.jpg
big-bass-wheel-pro-arcade-prize-redemption-game-baytek-games.jpg
Broke.jpg
image.jpg
loc-joint.jpg
woz_cab.jpg
image.jpg
Downvote.jpg

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't know why you watched the first few episodes.

fair question.

2 reasons:

#502 4 years ago

Still not worth suffering through that show.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You're exactly right.
For me, the Hobbit movies were a HUGE disappointment- and this is coming form someone who thinks the LOTR trilogy was one of the best set of movies ever done in the genre!
I've watched each of those LOTR movies multiple times... and I will STILL stop and watch them if they are on and Im flipping though the channels. The Hobbit? Not even close.... I saw all the movies, eventually, but it felt more like I was "checking the box" seeing the final film.... kind of like watching the last few episodes of Heroes, even though I had lost interest along the way.
Jackson "sold out" on this project. He should have made ONE great film. The result was an abomination.
The ambivalence towards the finished product (the films) and the delays of the pin have really sunk much of my early interest in the project. Im still hoping for a great game.... but they both lost me along the way

I hear ya. I enjoyed seeing all 3 Hobbit films but they are not on the same level as LOTR. Each of the three Hobbit films has moments that matches some of those in LOTR in terms of quality but there isn't as many and the ones that do not seem stretched out and / or have poorly implemented comedy bits added.

One thing that hurts the Hobbit films compared to LOTR is the excessive use of CGI. I understand that Smaug had to be CGI and that character was pulled off amazingly well both visually as well as it's audio. However, many of the larger battle scenes and scenery shots of cities heavily used CGI compared to the real in costume actors and miniature models used in LOTR. Personally I think Peter Jackson made the poor choice of pulling a George Lucas in terms of thinking that more CGI = better.

I did see all three films in 48FPS 3D as that is the way Peter Jackson filmed and intended for the viewers to watch them. I couldn't stand the motion of the 48FPS where at least to me (I've heard this from plenty of others as well) the characters seemed to moving at a much faster pace compared to traditional 24FPS films. Also, gone was the real film grain from LOTR (actually shot on physical film) which added to the feel of all three movies. The only benefit I found to the 48FPS footage was that watching it in 3D was much more pleasant (less blurry and more vibrant) compared to 24FPS 3D movies. Thankfully JJ Abrams isn't doing the same thing with Star Wars Episode 7 and is relying on more practical affects and shot the entire movie on actual film.

1 week later
#504 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya. I enjoyed seeing all 3 Hobbit films but they are not on the same level as LOTR. Each of the three Hobbit films has moments that matches some of those in LOTR in terms of quality but there isn't as many and the ones that do not seem stretched out and / or have poorly implemented comedy bits added.

totally agree.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from Wyopinball:

If I pay 10 grand for a pin it better have a glory hole in the front!

it does.. just remove the start button.

#506 4 years ago

I bet the hundreds of animals that died during filming wish it had all been CGI

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I bet the hundreds of animals that died during filming wish it had all been CGI

and a dragon was killed too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 11,500.00
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside