Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by maddog14
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150724_215224.jpg
20150724_215232.jpg
20150807_195058.jpg
20150807_195122.jpg
20150807_200456.jpg
20150807_200442.jpg
20150807_212027.jpg
BBWP.jpg
JJP_WOZ_SE.jpg
big-bass-wheel-pro-arcade-prize-redemption-game-baytek-games.jpg
Broke.jpg
image.jpg
loc-joint.jpg
woz_cab.jpg
image.jpg
Downvote.jpg

There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 4 years ago

Just noticed that the price on JJP's website just went from $9000 to $9500 for the RR edition and it now includes Invisiglass and a Shaker Motor. The standard model also went from $8000 to $8500 but I don't see any mention of anything being added to it for that price bump. They must really be selling a lot of these to be able to raise prices (again).

#2 4 years ago

Freaking total rip off !

#3 4 years ago

10K by XMAS?

#4 4 years ago

In a related story, my ECLE just went up in value as well.

#5 4 years ago

What's the street price on a RR, are people paying full MSRP for them? Also didn't realize the $9000 edition of a game didn't include all the bell and whistles with the glass and shaker, but really at only $9000 how could they afford to.

As someone who wants a WoZ this is a bummer $10k by Christmas I guess.

#6 4 years ago

I saved money on my WOZ! The preorder model is still alive!!!

#7 4 years ago

Gotta pay the BOM on TH...I love my WOZ but there is no way that game is worth 9k with any amount of bling.

#8 4 years ago

Lawlor LE pin could potentially be priced at 10K then. Absurd.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

$10k by Christmas I guess.

using that math and mindset these should be worth 18,500 NIB in three years. should raise an eyebrow with the "pinball as an investment" naysayers...

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

using that math and mindset these should be worth 18,500 NIB in three years. should raise an eyebrow with the "pinball as an investment" naysayers...

$18000 NIB pinball, that sounds familiar but my memory is fuzzy.

#11 4 years ago

No wonder I never see a WOZ on location.

#12 4 years ago

It's to cover the cost of giving people with bader PF's replacements, right? I kid, of course, kind of.

WOZ is super fun but I could never see myself paying anything close to that for one. I wounder if this change will effect Stern's pricing though as it seems that when JJP raises prices so does Stern

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just noticed that the price on JJP's website just went from $9000 to $9500 for the RR edition and it now includes Invisiglass and a Shaker Motor. The standard model also went from $8000 to $8500 but I don't see any mention of anything being added to it for that price bump. They must really be selling a lot of these to be able to raise prices (again).

It looks like they are including a copy of the printed game manual as well. Personally I think I'd rather have these sold separately rather than lumped into the overall price without an option to opt out.

#14 4 years ago

Huh, interesting move. With HUO WOZLEs listed at $7500, and HUO WOZ Standards at $6700, it's hard to imagine they're going to move a lot of NIB Standards at $8500. Maybe they're calculating that used prices are already enough of an anchor that their primary sales for WOZ going forward will be to affluent newcomers to pinball, who either won't notice or won't care about the increased price differential? Or maybe it's just an illusory bump in MSRP so that dealers can maintain prices but trumpet a larger discount from "retail"?

Still can't say it makes a ton of sense to me.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

these should be worth 18,500 NIB in three years

th-1.jpeg

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Huh, interesting move. With HUO WOZLEs listed at $7500, and HUO WOZ Standards at $6700, it's hard to imagine they're going to move a lot of NIB Standards at $8500. Maybe they're calculating that used prices are already enough of an anchor that their primary sales for WOZ going forward will be to affluent newcomers to pinball, who either won't notice or won't care about the increased price differential? Or maybe it's just an illusory bump in MSRP so that dealers can maintain prices but trumpet a larger discount from "retail"?
Still can't say it makes a ton of sense to me.

But you get that warranty, play field not included

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

But you get that warranty, play field not included

So they add invisiglass but now you have to buy the playfield separately? This deal is getting worse all the time ...

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Or maybe it's just an illusory bump in MSRP so that dealers can maintain prices but trumpet a larger discount from "retail"?

i like how you incorporated the word trumpet into a sales channel hypothesis. That is a great next question to a dealer. Did your price go up or just the list?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

WOZ is super fun but I could never see myself paying anything close to that for one.

I couldn't see myself paying that much for it either, and I own a WOZ. I love this freaking hobby, but not at those prices. I will never join the 10k club. I don't know what causes the psychological barrier that exists at 8k, but I'm not crossing it.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I couldn't see myself paying that much for it either, and I own a WOZ. I love this freaking hobby, but not at those prices. I will never join the 10k club. I don't know what causes the psychological barrier that exists at 8k, but I'm not crossing it.

Get a pin done by HEP. You'll cross that barrier with gusto, then say, "Thank you, Chris. May I have another?"

#21 4 years ago

WOZ is one of those games that you either love or hate. If they did some improvements to the RR edition then its justifiable to have an increase in price but as someone mentioned, if the game is essentially the same as the ECLE then there will be a lot of NIB pins stored at JJP this Christmas not going anywhere.

#22 4 years ago

Famous last words. I remember well saying I would never pay over 5K for a new car.

#23 4 years ago

In the spirit of wishful thinking, maybe he is trying to price out some demand to start the transition to TH.

#24 4 years ago

Well, we tried to figure out the range for NIB pinball over the last 45 years when scaled for inflation, and we came up with roughly [$4k-$6k.] So anything over $6k would be "premium" pinball (something never offered before, afaik.)

I think the real barrier in my mind is $6K.

I too would expect "The World" for $7K+...

-mof

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-of-nib-pins-back-in-the-day

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

What's the street price on a RR, are people paying full MSRP for them? Also didn't realize the $9000 edition of a game didn't include all the bell and whistles with the glass and shaker, but really at only $9000 how could they afford to.
As someone who wants a WoZ this is a bummer $10k by Christmas I guess.

Yes, I've been checking around and everyone I've talked to is asking list price plus extra for the Invisiglass and Shaker. The wife loves the game and I agree it's cool but I just can't pull the trigger on it for $8K + for the standard or $9K + for the LE. Time to force myself to be patient and see what happens to used prices once Hobbit and the PL game start shipping.

#26 4 years ago

So far I havent crossed $6000. I pre-ordered one for more, but came to my senses and got out. $8000-$10000 is simply too much for a pin IMO.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, I've been checking around and everyone I've talked to is asking list price plus extra for the Invisiglass and Shaker. The wife loves the game and I agree it's cool but I just can't pull the trigger on it for $8K + for the standard or $9K + for the LE. Time to force myself to be patient and see what happens to used prices once Hobbit and the PL game start shipping.

HUO prices are already thousands below MSRP for both the Standard and Emerald City editions (not sure many HUO Ruby Red editions have come up for sale yet) so it might be worth poking around now if you're interested in picking one up.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Lawlor LE pin could potentially be priced at 10K then. Absurd.

The hobby has jumped the shark.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It jumped the shark the day I arrived on Pinside.

#30 4 years ago

I'll just leave this here.olbgp.jpg

#31 4 years ago

I'd definitely tell Jack I want a free replacement playfield right from the getgo at those prices.

#32 4 years ago

tumblr_n7hgp7XP0E1s0teago1_400.gif

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

In the spirit of wishful thinking, maybe he is trying to price out some demand

You mean like Disneyland?

#34 4 years ago

i'd consider buying NIB WOZ for $7,500. At $8,500 I'm out out out

#35 4 years ago

Kiss LE is a ~$9k pin shipped...

#36 4 years ago

but Jacks buddy has him thinking people spend millions on paintings everyday, whats another five hundo?

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Maybe shipped to the moon.

#38 4 years ago

Hey, maybe they are trying to make back the mylar decal cost.

Sorry, too soon..

#39 4 years ago

Lebowski is a ~$10k pin...

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It does kinda feel like it.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is it really? Ouch. That is an even bigger jump over the shark.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

who knew? know I do lol...

a term to describe a moment when something that was once great has reached a point where it will now decline in quality and popularity.

Origin of this phrase comes from a Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumped a shark on waterskis. Thus was labeled the lowest point of the show.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Lebowski is a ~$10k pin...

Wasn't it $8,500 for early adopters and then $9,000 (so ~ $9,400 shipped)? Or has DP indicated they'll raise the price again once they've shipped all the pre-orders and reopen to new orders?

#44 4 years ago

I hated WOZ sold it in 2 weeks and bought a STLE imo WOZ is not worth that kind of money at all and I got a ecle for $7k now I will say that I did like some things about the JJP platform and have high hopes for the Lawlor pin but at $9k + it better be friggin amazing let's face it you can get a huo ripleys for less than half of that

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Maybe shipped to the moon.

Defitnely not shipped to me.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Wasn't it $8,500 for early adopters and then $9,000 (so ~ $9,400 shipped)? Or has DP indicated they'll raise the price again once they've shipped all the pre-orders and reopen to new orders?

Once you add the rug and something else (can't remember) its right there.

You can bet if/when Stern releases GOT, it will be $8-$9k..maybe more. Remember this post lol

#47 4 years ago

I would trade my ToM, SMB, WW. For an RR edition right now. Any takers?

#48 4 years ago

I'm sure JJP is struggling and hoping Stern will follow with the need to increase their prices soon with the new facility costs. This trend will eventually backfire on all the pinball manufacturers and will result in a big crash in pinball again. This time it will be the fault of the manufacturers and not the lack of buyers. I'm sure Stern will be the last one standing again during the next dark period in pinball.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Not even close.

#50 4 years ago

If your demand is too high because you can't produce enough you raise prices to reduce demand and make extra money. In my wild ass guess this is jacks way of dealing with production issues so he can get to the hobbit

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 507 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside