Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif
image-342.jpg
woz1.jpg
IMG_20140712_173801[1].jpg
IMG_0664.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I'm frankly surprised at how well JJP and the software team are doing in updating this game. I thought 2.0 was quite good and is 3.0 excellent. I thought about all we'd see next would be 3.1 with some bug fixes and that might be all. Thanks to those working so hard strive to make WOZ even better!

I Thank them as well.

Quoted from LTG:

Add images is great.

LTG : )

I think this is what will be the game changer. As silly as it seems. I believe it will. The ability to place 'Custom' messages in my machines was cool... the ability to place 'custom' messages in the WOZ was really cool,, and looked really cool.

But to place 'images',, I mean any image I want... to 'PERSONALIZE' my machine,, our machine, THE game, to become what we want it to become.... is something to desire, to want, for my family and myself.

I can only imagine that it will be a short time before JJP offers a camera up top (like my laptop) and takes an image of the player for doing such a good job, and display it accordingly... or not (or course this would be adjusted in the settings)...

But I see Stern being right behind. As soon as they see this post. It won't be long before Stern has LCD or LED or larger screen displays on every pinball that they sell.

In fact every manufacturer will eventually offer this.... and probably sooner than later.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

He's also updated us in the owners group periodically.

How do you join the owners group?... I've tried this before with no success.... (I think)...

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I think it's "neat" but a "game changer"? You know you could just buy a digital frame (with any pics you want) and place it next to any game you want, right?

Yes, I do.... but more importantly read below:

Quoted from DutchTommy:

that this is still not implemented already boggles my mind.. or have like those mini camera's INSIDE the game taking life footage and project it live on display that kind of stuff. u can even use camera's in the game, and use them as switches with smart camera tracking/recognition software focusing on specific parts of the playfield gsus they have face recognition nowadays im sure u can program it like it will track silverballs (remember who said this first guys) i think it will be just an matter of time and it will be all there.. i have ideas enough, thinking out of the box here.. if i only were an designer.

This fella is SHARP!... way ahead of my thinking... but SPOT ON!... This will set the STANDARD for all games in the future,, and he is right. It is not that hard, it is really so easy. It is just a matter of thinking outside the box. As he wishes he were a designer, I wish I could hire him. I would in a heartbeat!

And Hey!,,, It was my idea first!... He works for me! (as long as the wage agreements/ contract negotiations/ legal matters.. etc. go well.. )

2 weeks later
#148 9 years ago

WOW,,,

I am going to have to jump in on this. I have never updated the WOZ (other than everything I can buy from every distributor that enhances this machine), and with all of the possibilities now available.....

I am going to have to consider this an upgrade/ add-on/ improvement/ installation......... what have you. I will spend an entire weekend installing this and putting pictures of ... well..... whatever I want! on my fantabulous after work entertainment/ relaxation machine.

.......... and changing all the audio to AC/DC *hehe.........

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

What software version are you running now? BTW, irt really does take only around 15-20 seconds to update. Just unzip the woz update folder to a flash drive, plug it in the game (by the coinbox), and run the usb update from the utilities menu.

Well, right now I'm running the 3.0 that it came with. I am extremely happy... But realizing that the possibilities are endless with this machine/ technology.. I am really looking forward to modifying our machine to reflect our own personalities, our own preferences.... I am wanting to place my own 'Toto' or in my case 'Rachel Hunter' or 'Farah Fawcett' on the TV screen of my beautiful machine ..(oh, yes, those were the days).....

But now that I am older..... I believe I will wire the LCD/ LED panel into my cable TV coming into the house so that I can watch my favorite NEWS channel while I am blowing my retirement...... on silly things like, Cars, Houses, Vacations in Europe, maybe Mexico at times, definitely Cruises in the Carribean and my house in DisneyWorld.

Yes, this is what I think I will do with this upgrade/ modification.

.... whoops....... I just got a reality check.....

.... and it's got a 'balance' due on it........ guess I gotta go back to work in the morning.

But really looking forward to the weekend and installing this 4.0 update!...

#221 9 years ago

WOW,

I just installed the 4.0 update. I've never updated any pinball machine before. BUT, thought I'd do it on this one. I still own Tron and AC/DC and am perfectly happy with both. BUT, WOW!...... I was perfectly happy with WOZ as well, and now I am ecstatic! How do I explain it.

I am not that good of pinball player. I enjoy relaxing after a hard days work. I work hard for my money, and so when I get home from work I make no apologies for enjoying playing a really nice game in my home that helps me relax.... and now,,,, relax I will do even better!

I am very impressed. So Impressed that I am MOST DEFINITELY in on the Hobbit. (I should say, almost definitely).. if JJP contacts me or my distributor I will pay them up front. It is that good. (product, progress, company, service....)

Anyways, I suppose the reason I originally posted was because I was wondering how folks were adding pictures to this update... as well as others. So if anybody can clue me in, it would be appreciated.

Of course I am sure someone else has posted 'How To' already, but somehow I missed it.

As always, appreciate all the info on pinside......

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Take the USB stick to your game, with it turned on, plug it into the USB cable to the left of the coin box, go to Utilities - Custom Graphic - Install Custom Graphic. Do what the screen tells you. Then exit out and remove the memory stick.

You have your custom image in there.

Thank you so much. I just placed a nice family picture on our pinball machine.......

Umm... so now maybe you could help me with the video part. I want to place a small .MPG or .MP4 file on it as well.

And umm.. audio, a few light show modifications of my own, and a small firecracker on top with Ruby Red slippers that will fit my wife.

Thank you so much, you have been a great help as well as all of these pinsiders that post daily and help me relax and allow me to read as well as post such entertainment. (at least to myself)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-40?tu=geremy13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.