Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif
image-342.jpg
woz1.jpg
IMG_20140712_173801[1].jpg
IMG_0664.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

See this Stern? A pinball where the code is being worked on and it's not secret and the people are happy. It seems like madness I know, but you might remember this Keith guy, he's pretty smart.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

Aurich please remember that Keith worked at stern for an long time..

Quoted from Aurich:

you might remember this Keith guy

The point is that Keith has been very transparent about the code, how updates are coming, even in this case showing release notes while it's still in beta, and communicating. And that's the right model to take.

Has nothing to do with Keith vs Lyman, or anything else, purely about companies and their philosophies and which are just frankly better. Is anyone here upset that JJP is letting you know what code is coming? Are you going to not play a WOZ on location now until it drops?

I've been a vocal critic of Jack, but I'm happy to admit when JJP gets something right, and this is definitely one thing they do better.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

the fact that lyman or any other programmer at Stern are not doing this kind of game code transparancy is just an corporation decision

I feel like you're arguing with me by repeating the point I'm trying to make, so I'm just going to say I agree! And leave it at that.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Huh?
He posted this less than a week before they plan on releasing it. How is that being "very transparent about the code", or "how updates are coming", or even really "still in beta" for that matter?
So you think if Stern issued statements like this less than a week before updated code is released it would be "the right model to take"? I don't see the release of this info as being a big deal vs what Stern does. What's the big deal if they release a statement 5 days prior to a code update?

You haven't been paying attention if you think this is the sum of it, Keith has openly discussed code updates throughout the whole process, including what's coming, when it might be ready etc. This is just the latest in that, and I felt like saying something. A week ahead of time with detailed notes? Stern can't even give us notes when the code goes live sometimes.

So yeah, I think it blows Stern's retarded black box model out of the water. It's Gary or Gomez or something making that call, to keep their customers who send them millions of dollars in the dark, and I'm sick of it. JJP is handling it better. They can't keep just about any other promise, but when they do thing right then credit is due.

Hardly a surprise, of all the issues WOZ has the code isn't one of them. Hiring Keith was the smartest thing Jack ever did.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Haven't been paying attention?

We aren't all members of the private WOZ owners group.

I know I'm sure not! All my info on upcoming WOZ code has always come from Pinside. I've followed it out of curiosity only, since I have no intention of ever owning the game. Just watching the process is all.

Now, centerflank, what kind of balloon animal can I make you?

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

People have always liked my baby elephant trick so go with that.

Here you go sport:

1 week later
#123 9 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Pinchorma - as this is a family game, and I would think many of the home owners will have families. A separate score table would be a good idea.

You could do it like No Good Gophers (for example, maybe others) where there's a high score of the day.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You could also, for example, save your settings, bring your game to a show, reset all the settings/audits, play it at the show, observe the audits, bring it home, restore everything to where it was beforehand.

I'd love that just for league nights, don't even have to move your game to have that be useful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-40?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.