Great stuff coming!! Per Keith ...
OK people are chomping at the bits somewhat, and that's understandable. So to whet your appetites, here's what we've just started testing internally. Hope you enjoy!
Barring any severe complications, I would imagine the end of the week at the latest for this.
== Version 4.00 ==
=== Game Code
+ Game credits display.
+ Added a LOT of status report info.
* Increased ECMB "Multiball" voice call volume.
* Improved layout of adjustments, tweaked some names.
* Default coil values updated.
* Haunted and Munchkin modes show their totals on-screen now with proper
* Haunted and Munchkin modes now awarded in bonus (but not Haunted MB).
* Fixed horse trot sound calls to use all 8 sounds.
* Fixed TNPLH timer stopping when a shot was made in grace period.
* Fixed Lollipop Lullaby dancers' z-order.
* Rescue MB background.
* Improved Fireball Frenzy plotting.
+ Game over choreography.
* Fixed a bad scoring bug in Haunted Multiball. It scores much lower now.
+ Munchkin Multiplier: Now, when successfully completing a HOADC level, you
are awarded a Munchkin Multiplier which affects any and all Munchkin modes
you played that ball. Winning a 4-horse level adds .5x; 5-horse 1x; 6-horse
1.5x; and 7-horse 2x. The maximum is 10x. Remember this is scored at end
of ball bonus now.
* To make up for the possibility of very large Munchkin scores, the Munchkin
flipper is now no-hold during Munchkin Multiball.
* Removed Witch magnets from DDTWID.
+ HOADC live display added to score/info display. This is extremely subject
* Tweaked Munchkin background GI effects.
* Vastly improved Witch Battle choreography.
* YBR bonus score is now tied to its difficulty adjustment (level 1 = 25
points per shot; level 4 = 100 points per shot).
* Tweaked some Crystal Ball timings.
* JJP Logo music goes away now if you flip off of the page.
+ Animated Backglass Frequency adjustment: Range is a little, a lot, and
extreme. Default is a little (same as previous behavior). For people that
want to see the backglass art more, this is for you.
* Hurry-build values approximately doubled.
* RAINBOW letters now do not add up during Twister and Munchkin modes.
=== Core Code
* Fixed font rendering so it looks much better now.
* Cleaned up some font alignment in diags.
+ Operator manual viewer.
+ Custom image utility.
- Files need to be on a USB stick in a root /pinballimages directory. The
game will provide a browser to select which one you want.
- JPG and PNG files are supported. Size limit is 2MB.
+ Custom image remover.
+ Settings backup and restore.
- This should work with any USB stick plugged in.
+ Some new diag icons.
+ True software-implemented hardware-accelerated resolution independence.
- This will make things look much better on 1080p monitors.
- This should really for real fix the tearing, too.
- The game should run on literally any resolution monitor, but it's not
going to look very good on a 320x200 screen. ;P
+ Test report.
+ 4 sound mixing adjustments: Music, Speech, Fanfares, Effects.
- Range is from 0-150%. Yes, you can set it above 100%, but please keep in
mind too much stuff to high can cause clipping (white-noise-like sound
distortions). In general, you are better off turning mixers down and
increasing the master volume.
+ Sound test.
+ Diag menu previews.
+ Audit timestamps.
* Alarm count on plumb bob increased.
+ Volume Effects. The game gets louder as more is happening. There are 2
adjustments that govern this behavior:
+ Volume Effect Intensity adjustment. Range is 1-5, default 2. Controls how
much of a change in volume there is when the game requests it.
+ Maximum Volume Effect adjustment: Range is 0-20, default 10. This is the
most the volume can increase from its base setting; 0 (off) means do not use
volume effects at all.
+ Some stuff to support new game features.