Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif
image-342.jpg
woz1.jpg
IMG_20140712_173801[1].jpg
IMG_0664.JPG
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 9 years ago

Great stuff coming!! Per Keith ...

OK people are chomping at the bits somewhat, and that's understandable. So to whet your appetites, here's what we've just started testing internally. Hope you enjoy!

Barring any severe complications, I would imagine the end of the week at the latest for this.

keith

==============================================================================
== Version 4.00 ==
==============================================================================

=== Game Code

+ Game credits display.
+ Added a LOT of status report info.
* Increased ECMB "Multiball" voice call volume.
* Improved layout of adjustments, tweaked some names.
* Default coil values updated.
* Haunted and Munchkin modes show their totals on-screen now with proper
playfield multiplier.
* Haunted and Munchkin modes now awarded in bonus (but not Haunted MB).
* Fixed horse trot sound calls to use all 8 sounds.
* Fixed TNPLH timer stopping when a shot was made in grace period.
* Fixed Lollipop Lullaby dancers' z-order.
* Rescue MB background.
* Improved Fireball Frenzy plotting.
+ Game over choreography.
* Fixed a bad scoring bug in Haunted Multiball. It scores much lower now.
+ Munchkin Multiplier: Now, when successfully completing a HOADC level, you
are awarded a Munchkin Multiplier which affects any and all Munchkin modes
you played that ball. Winning a 4-horse level adds .5x; 5-horse 1x; 6-horse
1.5x; and 7-horse 2x. The maximum is 10x. Remember this is scored at end
of ball bonus now.
* To make up for the possibility of very large Munchkin scores, the Munchkin
flipper is now no-hold during Munchkin Multiball.
* Removed Witch magnets from DDTWID.
+ HOADC live display added to score/info display. This is extremely subject
to change.
* Tweaked Munchkin background GI effects.
* Vastly improved Witch Battle choreography.
* YBR bonus score is now tied to its difficulty adjustment (level 1 = 25
points per shot; level 4 = 100 points per shot).
* Tweaked some Crystal Ball timings.
* JJP Logo music goes away now if you flip off of the page.
+ Animated Backglass Frequency adjustment: Range is a little, a lot, and
extreme. Default is a little (same as previous behavior). For people that
want to see the backglass art more, this is for you.
* Hurry-build values approximately doubled.
* RAINBOW letters now do not add up during Twister and Munchkin modes.

=== Core Code

* Fixed font rendering so it looks much better now.
* Cleaned up some font alignment in diags.
+ Operator manual viewer.
+ Custom image utility.
- Files need to be on a USB stick in a root /pinballimages directory. The
game will provide a browser to select which one you want.
- JPG and PNG files are supported. Size limit is 2MB.
+ Custom image remover.
+ Settings backup and restore.
- This should work with any USB stick plugged in.
+ Some new diag icons.
+ True software-implemented hardware-accelerated resolution independence.
- This will make things look much better on 1080p monitors.
- This should really for real fix the tearing, too.
- The game should run on literally any resolution monitor, but it's not
going to look very good on a 320x200 screen. ;P
+ Test report.
+ 4 sound mixing adjustments: Music, Speech, Fanfares, Effects.
- Range is from 0-150%. Yes, you can set it above 100%, but please keep in
mind too much stuff to high can cause clipping (white-noise-like sound
distortions). In general, you are better off turning mixers down and
increasing the master volume.
+ Sound test.
+ Diag menu previews.
+ Audit timestamps.
* Alarm count on plumb bob increased.
+ Volume Effects. The game gets louder as more is happening. There are 2
adjustments that govern this behavior:
+ Volume Effect Intensity adjustment. Range is 1-5, default 2. Controls how
much of a change in volume there is when the game requests it.
+ Maximum Volume Effect adjustment: Range is 0-20, default 10. This is the
most the volume can increase from its base setting; 0 (off) means do not use
volume effects at all.

=== OS

+ Some stuff to support new game features.

#2 9 years ago

You beat me by exactly 53 seconds, lol. Requesting that my thread is deleted.

Post edited by moderator: Done!

#3 9 years ago

HOADC live display!!! Finally...that's all I wanted. The rest is bonus!

#4 9 years ago

Looks like a ton of new goodies for WOZ just from a quick initial look at the notes. Thanks Keith and Ted!

Can't wait to install this update.

#5 9 years ago

See this Stern? A pinball where the code is being worked on and it's not secret and the people are happy. It seems like madness I know, but you might remember this Keith guy, he's pretty smart.

#6 9 years ago

Keith is the man!!

#7 9 years ago

COME ON EVERYBODY! OUT TO THE CEMETERY!

#8 9 years ago

Nice! These are great enhancements. Thanks Keith, team.

#9 9 years ago

Aurich please remember that Keith worked at stern for an long time..

thanks to the opportunity he had @ Stern back in those days he kinda raised his fame with excellent programming on games like Lotr / Tspp and if it wasnt for the 2008 pinball blackout he would probably still work at Stern..

but hey at the end he founded Jack and collaborate with him and together with an bunch of other pinball talents they formed JJP.. and its so far working out for both companies.. what we have now is the best for the whole pinball business/community in general. im pretty sure keith will be glad he had that opportunity with Stern at the time to learn and get his skill set down. and im sure that the programmers at Stern will be working around the clock to get things done too.. and both company's have their own kind of problems.

#10 9 years ago

Awesome, just keeps getting better and better.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

Aurich please remember that Keith worked at stern for an long time..

Quoted from Aurich:

you might remember this Keith guy

The point is that Keith has been very transparent about the code, how updates are coming, even in this case showing release notes while it's still in beta, and communicating. And that's the right model to take.

Has nothing to do with Keith vs Lyman, or anything else, purely about companies and their philosophies and which are just frankly better. Is anyone here upset that JJP is letting you know what code is coming? Are you going to not play a WOZ on location now until it drops?

I've been a vocal critic of Jack, but I'm happy to admit when JJP gets something right, and this is definitely one thing they do better.

#12 9 years ago

Nice update, I must say...

#13 9 years ago

Damn, munchkin mega scoring got a lot harder!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The point is that Keith has been very transparent about the code

the fact that lyman or any other programmer at Stern are not doing this kind of game code transparancy is just an corporation decision. and yes there are good and bad things to say about this.. but hey it is what it is right, and if Stern is launching an Update nowadays its huge and epic.

personally i would love to see an Game code progression bar on the stern website.. like in the game mortalkombat about the % of completion of an certain game code or something that would be exciting

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

the fact that lyman or any other programmer at Stern are not doing this kind of game code transparancy is just an corporation decision

I feel like you're arguing with me by repeating the point I'm trying to make, so I'm just going to say I agree! And leave it at that.

#16 9 years ago

* JJP Logo music goes away now if you flip off of the page.

Really, you "flip off" the JJP logo?

#17 9 years ago

IMG_0664.JPGIMG_0664.JPG

Add images is great.

LTG : )

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The point is that Keith has been very transparent about the code, how updates are coming, even in this case showing release notes while it's still in beta, and communicating. And that's the right model to take.

Huh?

He posted this less than a week before they plan on releasing it. How is that being "very transparent about the code", or "how updates are coming", or even really "still in beta" for that matter?

So you think if Stern issued statements like this less than a week before updated code is released it would be "the right model to take"? I don't see the release of this info as being a big deal vs what Stern does. What's the big deal if they release a statement 5 days prior to a code update?

#19 9 years ago

Gah, guys, there will be plenty of time to incorporate this news into the masterwork that is the JJP vs. Stern Slap-Fest. Some of us still need a minute to geek out about another awesome WoZ code update!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Huh?
He posted this less than a week before they plan on releasing it. How is that being "very transparent about the code", or "how updates are coming", or even really "still in beta" for that matter?
So you think if Stern issued statements like this less than a week before updated code is released it would be "the right model to take"? I don't see the release of this info as being a big deal vs what Stern does. What's the big deal if they release a statement 5 days prior to a code update?

He's also updated us in the owners group periodically.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Add images is great.

IMG_0664.JPG 22 KB

Kansas, that's not Toto any more ...

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Huh?

You haven't been paying attention if you think this is the sum of it, Keith has openly discussed code updates throughout the whole process, including what's coming, when it might be ready etc. This is just the latest in that, and I felt like saying something. A week ahead of time with detailed notes? Stern can't even give us notes when the code goes live sometimes.

So yeah, I think it blows Stern's retarded black box model out of the water. It's Gary or Gomez or something making that call, to keep their customers who send them millions of dollars in the dark, and I'm sick of it. JJP is handling it better. They can't keep just about any other promise, but when they do thing right then credit is due.

Hardly a surprise, of all the issues WOZ has the code isn't one of them. Hiring Keith was the smartest thing Jack ever did.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

And that's very cool and different than what was posted here.

Quoted from Aurich:

You haven't been paying attention if you think this is the sum of it, Keith has openly discussed code updates throughout the whole process, including what's coming, when it might be ready etc. This is just the latest in that

Haven't been paying attention?

We aren't all members of the private WOZ owners group. If they have been releasing info along the way that's great, but like I said above, it's very different than what was posted by the OP that you seemed to get excited about.

#24 9 years ago

Anything posted to WOZ group is generally discussed here almost instantly (even this update from Keith for that matter.) Beyond giving the release notes a week early Keith (and team) and regularly given updates on whether they're working on a new update, what we might expect in terms of fixes, delay issues in getting the code out quicker, etc. etc.

We don't even know if an update is coming from Stern for any particular title until it is actually released.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Huh?

It's being transparent because Stern never sends out code releases notes in advance, makes owners wait months on end for most updates and is typically very secretive about what is being worked on code wise with their games. JJP has been the complete opposite and that's a nice change. Stern may want to consider creating an owners forum like JJP has done that encourages open discussion with staff. I've read posts on the JJP Google Group where several users posted a complaint or idea regarding rules / bugs, Keith or Ted responds, and a change or addition is added to the next release. That type of transparency has created a lot of goodwill for JJP and would do the same thing for Stern.

Centerflank: Thanks for giving every post I've made in this thread a thumbs down...including the one where I just said thanks to Keith for the update...wow.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

See this Stern?

Good grief, woz gets a code update and some face painting clown turns it into a Stern vrs. JJp thread.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You haven't been paying attention if you think this is the sum of it, Keith has openly discussed code updates throughout the whole process, including what's coming, when it might be ready etc. This is just the latest in that, and I felt like saying something. A week ahead of time with detailed notes? Stern can't even give us notes when the code goes live sometimes.
So yeah, I think it blows Stern's retarded black box model out of the water. It's Gary or Gomez or something making that call, to keep their customers who send them millions of dollars in the dark, and I'm sick of it. JJP is handling it better. They can't keep just about any other promise, but when they do thing right then credit is due.
Hardly a surprise, of all the issues WOZ has the code isn't one of them. Hiring Keith was the smartest thing Jack ever did.

Stern doesn't really post the change logs either, so thats another good thing that keith does.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

the fact that lyman or any other programmer at Stern are not doing this kind of game code transparancy is just an corporation decision. and yes there are good and bad things to say about this.. but hey it is what it is right, and if Stern is launching an Update nowadays its huge and epic.
personally i would love to see an Game code progression bar on the stern website.. like in the game mortalkombat about the % of completion of an certain game code or something that would be exciting

You don't actually know this for a fact, do you? Be careful about stating facts when they aren't facts. Zurich is commending a programmer that is passionate and works hard. Commending one person doesn't mean condemning another. Stern as a company needs to be more open. They remind me of Mattel (of the toy world). All secrets and poor communication.

#29 9 years ago

I can't wait for Tanks review of the new code !

#30 9 years ago

more toys doing more things! Saving time

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You don't actually know this for a fact, do you? Be careful about stating facts when they aren't facts. Zurich is commending a programmer that is passionate and works hard. Commending one person doesn't mean condemning another. Stern as a company needs to be more open. They remind me of Mattel (of the toy world). All secrets and poor communication.

well they can change their strategy on this right? im talking about what happened so far with game code and talking about history are plain facts in my book.. and im not saying its good or bad how they approach us with updates on gamecode. its their way of handling and i respect that!

Stern is the biggest Pinball Manufacturer of this planet with multiple titels an year.. there u have it another fact.
and my own fiance is in the Mustang game Daisy Diesel which is also a fact

#32 9 years ago

I did a control F for "GI" and nothing came up.

#33 9 years ago

I'm frankly surprised at how well JJP and the software team are doing in updating this game. I thought 2.0 was quite good and is 3.0 excellent. I thought about all we'd see next would be 3.1 with some bug fixes and that might be all. Thanks to those working so hard strive to make WOZ even better!

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't see the release of this info as being a big deal vs what Stern does.

I think the big deal is that JJP makes an active effort at updating and enhancing their software where stern, sheats and richie haven't done shit for ST over the past 7 months.

So not only is this info a big deal but knowing that another substantial update WILL come out in the next few weeks.

It is obvious that stern is only concerned about shipping boxes.

I'm glad for the competition and a second source for pinball.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I think the big deal is that JJP makes an active effort at updating and enhancing their software where stern, sheats and richie haven't done shit for ST over the past 7 months.
So not only is this info a big deal but knowing that another substantial update WILL come out in the next few weeks.

The issue wasn't who is better at releasing code updates (I agree Stern sucks at code updates, which is one reason I got rid of my STLE even knowing that Urban code update was coming), it was regarding the post that was released by Keith less than a week before the planned release that I didn't see as a big deal.

#36 9 years ago

Wow these new codes make the game sound tempting. I love the theme and the look but the shots are not that fun. I need to give it another try with the new code.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Centerflank: Thanks for giving every post I've made in this thread a thumbs down...including the one where I just said thanks to Keith for the update...wow.

You are welcome, please cry more in the forum about your thumbs down

Now go put your big boy pants on.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I'm frankly surprised at how well JJP and the software team are doing in updating this game. I thought 2.0 was quite good and is 3.0 excellent. I thought about all we'd see next would be 3.1 with some bug fixes and that might be all. Thanks to those working so hard strive to make WOZ even better!

I Thank them as well.

Quoted from LTG:

Add images is great.

I think this is what will be the game changer. As silly as it seems. I believe it will. The ability to place 'Custom' messages in my machines was cool... the ability to place 'custom' messages in the WOZ was really cool,, and looked really cool.

But to place 'images',, I mean any image I want... to 'PERSONALIZE' my machine,, our machine, THE game, to become what we want it to become.... is something to desire, to want, for my family and myself.

I can only imagine that it will be a short time before JJP offers a camera up top (like my laptop) and takes an image of the player for doing such a good job, and display it accordingly... or not (or course this would be adjusted in the settings)...

But I see Stern being right behind. As soon as they see this post. It won't be long before Stern has LCD or LED or larger screen displays on every pinball that they sell.

In fact every manufacturer will eventually offer this.... and probably sooner than later.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

I think this is what will be the game changer. As silly as it seems. I believe it will. The ability to place 'Custom' messages in my machines was cool... the ability to place 'custom' messages in the WOZ was really cool,, and looked really cool.
But to place 'images',, I mean any image I want... to 'PERSONALIZE' my machine,, our machine, THE game, to become what we want it to become.... is something to desire

I think it's "neat" but a "game changer"? You know you could just buy a digital frame (with any pics you want) and place it next to any game you want, right?

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

I can only imagine that it will be a short time before JJP offers a camera up top (like my laptop) and takes an image of the player for doing such a good job, and display it accordingly... or not (or course this would be adjusted in the settings)...

that this is still not implemented already boggles my mind.. or have like those mini camera's INSIDE the game taking life footage and project it live on display that kind of stuff. u can even use camera's in the game, and use them as switches with smart camera tracking/recognition software focusing on specific parts of the playfield gsus they have face recognition nowadays im sure u can program it like it will track silverballs (remember who said this first guys) i think it will be just an matter of time and it will be all there.. i have ideas enough, thinking out of the box here.. if i only were an designer.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Well, seeing as Lyman isn't working on Star Trek, and the fact the code has shipped for Star Trek within the 7 months frame your talking about....your points have no merit.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The issue wasn't who is better at releasing code updates (I agree Stern sucks at code updates, which is one reason I got rid of my STLE even knowing that Urban code update was coming), it was regarding the post that was released by Keith less than a week before the planned release that I didn't see as a big deal.

It is a big deal because we actually solicit, read, and adjust based on the feedback. Doing so before hand gives us the ability to modify before finality/release.

#43 9 years ago

"It is a big deal because we actually solicit, read, and adjust based on the feedback. Doing so before hand gives us the ability to modify before finality/release."

The fact that you so actively seek and act on feedback, is a really big deal and again thanks! One of many reasons I'm looking forward to future games from JJP!

#44 9 years ago

Congrats to WOZ owners for getting another kick ass update!

And congrats to Aurich for turning this good news into another JJP vs Stern shit storm a mere 5 posts in!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

It is a big deal because we actually solicit, read, and adjust based on the feedback. Doing so before hand gives us the ability to modify before finality/release.

Again, that stuff is a big deal, I agree. The post quoted by the OP a few days before release isn't.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You are welcome, please cry more in the forum about your thumbs down
Now go put your big boy pants on.

Lol! So much anger Centerflank. Please watch the video below Be happy.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

How do you join the owners group?... I've tried this before with no success.... (I think)...

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

How do you join the owners group?... I've tried this before with no success.... (I think)...

PM sent with info

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I think it's "neat" but a "game changer"? You know you could just buy a digital frame (with any pics you want) and place it next to any game you want, right?

Yes, I do.... but more importantly read below:

Quoted from DutchTommy:

that this is still not implemented already boggles my mind.. or have like those mini camera's INSIDE the game taking life footage and project it live on display that kind of stuff. u can even use camera's in the game, and use them as switches with smart camera tracking/recognition software focusing on specific parts of the playfield gsus they have face recognition nowadays im sure u can program it like it will track silverballs (remember who said this first guys) i think it will be just an matter of time and it will be all there.. i have ideas enough, thinking out of the box here.. if i only were an designer.

This fella is SHARP!... way ahead of my thinking... but SPOT ON!... This will set the STANDARD for all games in the future,, and he is right. It is not that hard, it is really so easy. It is just a matter of thinking outside the box. As he wishes he were a designer, I wish I could hire him. I would in a heartbeat!

And Hey!,,, It was my idea first!... He works for me! (as long as the wage agreements/ contract negotiations/ legal matters.. etc. go well.. )

#50 9 years ago

Tks JJP you are more faster than Stern to realise complete sofware on your game,I sold my X-men and Avengers because this 2 games was/are incomplete
Lost lot of money with this sale
Tks again Woz seem to have complete software and the game is amazing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
$ 91.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.