(Topic ID: 149028)

WOZ

By happilymarried05

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happilymarried05.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Ironically enough after i placed WOZRR up for sale i started playing it more and decided to keep it. When i started playing it more one of the double doors on the castle started to hang up :/ uggghhh really? So to the support ticket i went, Lloyd who is always great responded promptly and gave me a few things to look at. When i first got the woz i had a wiring issue so i was already familiar with underneath the field a little however not taking things off. So today the task was removing the miniplayfield. To do this you had to lift the field and actually unplug a few things, cut a few wire tires etc. Then set the playfield back down and do a little work up top. The castle walls must come off, the ramp must come off and the upkick ramp must come off. You also must go into the menu and move the monkey down and away about 3 inches. Honestly was a pain in the ass to do but makes me even more comfortable doing little things that may arise on the newer pins especially (jjp) The castle doors have two small threaded holes with a screw in them and one of the screws had apparently fallen out... No clue where this thing went or if it was even there in the first place. Took the whole playfield out, took the box inside out and look with my flashlight, even had my son look thinking i missed it. Anyway since there are 2 i re-seated the second and put things back together enough to test it and BOOM. Fixed. While i had the mini playfield up i also found the culprit of my ball slowing down on occasion underneath the playfield. Some of the wiring was hanging down a bit lower than it should (seems like i may have read this in another thread) Wire tied it up a little higher put everything back together very carefully and tightened things down. Turned it on an smooth sailing. Sometimes things look way more complicated than they are. Lloyd is still sending me the screw, obviously there are supposed to be 2 so i would like to make that happen. Anyone else done any small repairs on WOZ? Just curious if there is anything else i may need to be looking forward to since i think ill keep it around.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Good to hear. It definitely looks like an overwhelming task to remove mini playfields.

It really was but i am glad i did it. Made me ALOT more at ease with doing things under the playfield on JJP

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I had to fix my monkey travel, replace a light board and fix a switch. This weekend I installed the Mezelmods throne fire pits, witch's well and lit winkie. Not too bad overall but I'm glad I'm done.

Now that i am comfortable with messing with the machine how do you like the mods you just installed? Photos?

#9 8 years ago

Cool thanks for the info. I think i might look at a few mods. Initially i thought the game looked great as is and it does however i was intimidated about doing any mods. Thanks to this fail i can now enjoy some mods

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happilymarried05.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-2?tu=happilymarried05 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.