Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231118_133828 (resized).jpg
20231111_184206 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200613_163327958 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200613_163148711 (resized).jpg
IMG_0083 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago

2.0 kit (green boards) seems plenty bright to me.
IMG_0083 (resized).jpegIMG_0083 (resized).jpeg

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from RoboBot:

Once you spend two days working on replacing plus all the cash, you feel a little ripped off when you could have searched the the original issue better.

I'm really sorry that you're disappointed - have you tried bumping up the LED intensity in the software?

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It must have changed recently. I got my 2.0 kit 6 months ago it has the separate bag board.

I installed a kit purchased last October and the fish board was the hub board, and only the BAG was a screwed on board.
The kit I just installed had the hub board separate, so two screwed on boards between BAG and HUB. I believe it was purchased 3/2019.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Yes the GIs are dimmer, the ones under the inserts have the same brightness
The really different one, and I don't know if it's mine, my memory or everyone is the extra ball light. It's orange but on the yellow side, like almost washed out.

How does it look cycling through colors in the LED test? Perhaps one color on the LED is out. I’ve had that happen on Wonka.

1 year later
#44 2 years ago

On the topic of 2.0 lights...if you want them installed and you're in Texas (or willing to ship your pin) let me know.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Good to know, I will probably wind up doing the install myself, I am one of those wierdos that almost enjoys tearing a machine apart as much as playing it BTW your comments in the Wonka thread have helped me more thana few times, Pinside (myself included) is lucky to have good peeps like you!

Awesome, glad I could help. If you run into questions on the WOZ swap let me know. It can be confusing and daunting at times.

I highly recommend one of these so you can control your drilling depth.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L0XB8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

1 year later
#68 4 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

I just reached out to JJ and they said that some BAG boards were sent out unprogrammed about a year ago. That's when the kit was originally purchased. So its looking like thats whats going on here, and I need to simply get a replacement board.

That was going to be my suggestion, it happened on a friend's machine I did the kit for.

#70 4 months ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Well, Here is my message after installing 2.0 kit on ver. 7.04, I have checked all my work, no loose cables, all lights are on the boards. I cycled the machine a few times, still the same
[quoted image]

BAG board needs firmware most likely. Call JJP.

#73 4 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

Just received a replacement BAG board from JJ. Once installed and powered up, the 2.0 lighting worked exactly as it should. Clearly the board that came with the kit was not programmed.
Regarding the 2.0 lighting being dimmer. At a glance and at best, it my be only slightly dimmer than the 1.0 system. I am clearly not seeing what some have said where it was significantly dimmer. FTR, this kit was sent to me about a year ago.
Looking back at the 1.0 lighting and considering this was their first pin. WTF were you guys thinking with that setup? There are so many things that need to be just right, or it goes down like a house of cards. Kind of reminds me of dealing with that one damn bulb that's broke in a string of Christmas light. This new setup is leaps and bounds better from what I have seen, at least from a reliability stand point.

AFAIK the new setup powers all their games now. Everyone’s gotta learn somewhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glad your game is fixed, and I didn’t find it to me appreciably dimmer either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-20-lighting?tu=zaphX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.