Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231118_133828 (resized).jpg
20231111_184206 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200613_163327958 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200613_163148711 (resized).jpg
IMG_0083 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

If you stuck with the original boards, you would have eventually had issues with them failing and spent a lot of money and time replacing them. The 2.0 boards are much more reliable. IMO, there really is no choice but to upgrade at some point. Some have complained the the GI is a bit dimmer with the 2.0 system. I don’t notice it that much as the GI was always dim with WOZ.

Make sure each GI board is properly centered so the LED is right in the middle of the little column that diffuses the light onto the playfield.

I believe I heard JJP is considering adding in code that brightens the GI, but I’m not sure if that was rumor, wishful thinking, or real.

You can turn the general LED lighting up in the settings; I did that, and it helped a lot. So, if you are referring to all the LEDs and not just the GI, try that.

If you are talking about the GI, then some have installed spot lights or pinstadiums to help, and you could consider that as well.

In short, I’m sorry you feel bummed out about this, but rest assured that the conversion was necessary and increases the value of your game.

#7 3 years ago

Maybe I didn't understand your original post, OP. Are you saying that there are two versions of the 2.0 light boards -- one that is green and one that is red -- and that the red is known to be dimmer than the green? If so, that's something I didn't know. When did they make the switch and why?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No, 2.0 boards are red. I think he was referring to the older green boards in parts store you can longer get.

My 2.0 boards are green.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mind blown. Ive only seen the red one's. Do you think you have a first run of 2.0 boards, Is there a date?
Thanks

I doubt it because I bought a kit. They are the ones with a separate and not integrated bag board, so I know they changed things at some point to integrate that part. I can check for a date later.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I can check for a date later.

#15 3 years ago

Have you gone into settings and upped the LED brightness level? I did after the install, and it helps.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, this is a known issue with the 2.0 upgrade kit. Definitely a real bummer.

There’s a known slight dimming with 2.0, but to OPs point, is there a difference between red 2.0 and green 2.0? I guess someone with both would have to tell us . . . .

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So there are 2 versions of the 2.0 kit ? One with a separate bag board and one integrated ?

The original kit and set of boards had a separate bag board. At some point, they integrated the bag board into one of the LED boards. It was explained to me at one point as being an easier design or perhaps one that didn’t have unnecessary components, but I forget. Anyway, the newer kits have an integrated bag board so you don’t have to worry about mounting the bag board separately.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So you have the bag board too. And I see you also have small led boards that are green too.
Are the GIs one all red ?

Uh, oops. I may be getting my terminology wrong. See the fish shaped LED board with all the data cable connectors. There used to be a separate board that those data cables went into. Maybe it was called the hub board and not the bag board. Sorry.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The kit I just installed had the hub board separate, so two screwed on boards between BAG and HUB. I believe it was purchased 3/2019.

Yep. That’s like the one I have. I just mixed up the terms hub and bag. Sorry all for the confusion.

3 years later
#50 5 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Hey guys. I am planning to do the WOZ 2.0 lighting upgrade, and I have a simple question. Should I do this with the playfield in the cabinet, or just pull it out a mount it to my rotisserie?
Thanks.

Just keep it in the cabinet. Easy enough to do that way.

1 week later
#66 5 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Just completed what I believe is the full install, but I have no lighting at all.
Here is a snapshot of what I have:
-All node boards have a green light indicating that have power
-The CPU is definitely seeing the BAG board. If I disconnect the USB, I get the message on the monitor of BAG board comm error.
-The 5v circuit on the power cable assembly is connected properly.
-I have the latest 7.04 FW even though the instructions state to have 6.61 FW.
-All CAT5 cables are properly connected.
I have double check everything and don't see any misses, but you never know. Looks like I may need to call JJ to troubleshoot. Anyone have any suggestions in the meantime?

If I recall, I had to turn the game on and off again a couple times before everything worked. Not sure why. Have you tried that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-20-lighting?tu=Nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.