(Topic ID: 77919)

WOZ 2.0 discussion - Updated With Release Notes! (old wish list thread)

By PanzerFreak

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jello playing woz.jpg
IMG_1555.PNG
MartinLogan vol control.jpg
tnplh-adjust.jpg
1012542_736135779738354_188220891_n.jpg
1509939_736135829738349_670979091_n.jpg
BgpcVXSCUAA5FmU.jpg
IMG_20131215_161707.jpg
IMG_20131215_161702.jpg
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Seems fairly civil to me, lots of good info and the people that post are very helpful.
1.25 was a smaller update and that was released on December 23rd. 1.24 was released a few weeks before that, beginning of December, and that was the last big update that brought new modes. I'm going to guess that Haunted Multiball and maybe Somewhere Over the Rainbow are in the next update. Keith and Ted may be working on Hobbit code at the same time so who knows if that is impacting how much code for WOZ get's done.
I'm just hoping for those jackpot callouts!

My guess is that the Hobbit coding is still in the general mode/scoring layout stage (high-level), and they're mostly busy with WOZ details. And yeah, programming callouts that work is VERY tricky. Why? Because so many things can be going on in a modern, complex pin, and having audio clips cut each other off or overlap can be a total mess. I recall Keith commenting on the challenge of the callouts on WPT, which does a seriously good job with them (once you know what they mean!).

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm just hoping for those jackpot callouts!

Additionally, it would be nice if jackpot values during Emerald City MB showed up in a big way on the screen (at least for spectators to see). As it stands now, I don't believe the shot values are displayed, and all you can do is watch the score to see approx by how much it went up.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Additionally, it would be nice if jackpot values during Emerald City MB showed up in a big way on the screen (at least for spectators to see). As it stands now, I don't believe the shot values are displayed, and all you can do is watch the score to see approx by how much it went up.

That's a good point and a great idea. I suppose some type of score for the multiball could be displayed in the upper right box during ECMB.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's a good point and a great idea. I suppose some type of score for the multiball could be displayed in the upper right box during ECMB.

I don't own one (just play WOZ on location). Have you taken glass off to determine the base values for the various sequence of shots in EC MB?
And once you complete all three of the 2nd stage throne room/rollover shots (earning the "gifts"), is there a penultimate Super Jackpot shot or something akin to victory laps?

#55 10 years ago

Man I hope that code is released soon . I have one in house that I'm selling for a customer and want to see the next step before it goes . I definitely think it needs more call outs for hitting shots . There also needs to be some light changes when your in the haunted forest modes to better highlight your goals . I feel the game is coming along great but needs to have a lot more call outs to Keep the excitement level up . Keep on keeping on

#56 10 years ago

Yes, the lack of callouts is a huge missed opportunity - so far!

#57 10 years ago

Anyone else think we may get a Valentines day code update for WOZ? Show us some love JJP by releasing 1.26 haha

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone else think we may get a Valentines day code update for WOZ? Show us some love JJP by releasing 1.26 haha

I was hoping it would come yesterday or today. Seeing how I'm snowed in, it would make for some awesome pinball goodness on my 4 day mini-vacation. Come on JJP hook us up with a killer update to blow the doors off woz.

#59 10 years ago

Please come out today my customer is picking the one I have here up tomm I really wanted to play the new code before it left .

#60 10 years ago

Valentine Update +2

#61 10 years ago

Based on feedback on the JJP Google board it looks like no update today The good news though is its being worked on and may be released in a few days after internal testing. Its been a while since the last update so I'm hoping a lot of goodies are packed inside.

#62 10 years ago

Sort of OT but someone else asked this... How do jackpots in ECMB work?

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Based on feedback on the JJP Google board it looks like no update today The good news though is its being worked on and may be released in a few days after internal testing. Its been a while since the last update so I'm hoping a lot of goodies are packed inside.

Internal testing, sounds like I should go bother ltg soon.

#64 10 years ago

I'd like the TNPLH feature (ball save) to be a little easier. Hitting all of the letters of RAINBOW in this mode is very difficult, especially the earlier letters that can normally only be hit on a rebounce.
How about a feature that spots a letter like outside of this mode - like getting a loop or similar?

#65 10 years ago

It sounds like some changes to TNPLH may be in 1.26+. Keith mentioned a while back, 12/13/13, on the JJP Google Group that some big changes would be coming to TNPLH.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from anchormagic:

I'd like the TNPLH feature (ball save) to be a little easier. Hitting all of the letters of RAINBOW in this mode is very difficult, especially the earlier letters that can normally only be hit on a rebounce.
How about a feature that spots a letter like outside of this mode - like getting a loop or similar?

It's no harder to hit the rainbow targets in TNPLH than during regular gameplay. Except you gotta finish them before moving on. I like TNPLH as-is: lots of suspense! But I'm sure the updated version will be challenging too. And, there's no such word as "rebounce." Try "rebound" perhaps...

#67 10 years ago

https://twitter.com/jjpsoftware/status/435261836254904320

Possible spoiler image above from what appears to be Somewhere Over The Rainbow Posted yesterday. Looks like we know why this update has been taking a bit longer then the last couple. Wizard mode! Looking forward to seeing what Keith, Ted and JP have cooked up for this coming update.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It sounds like some changes to TNPLH may be in 1.26+. Keith mentioned a while back, 12/13/13, on the JJP Google Group that some big changes would be coming to TNPLH.

Oh man I hate to hear this. This mode is fine. Those complaining about it being too hard, too long etc. just drive me crazy. YOU LOST YOUR BALL! Here's a *chance* to earn it back. It shouldn't be easy, look to Toto for an easy "get your ball back" mini-game.

After all the games I've put on WOZ, I have yet to complete TNPLH. That doesn't mean I want it dumbed down to make it easier. It's challenging, that's the point, you lost your ball, now try and *earn* it back.

Whhaaaaa, I have to play more pinball to win my ball back after I lost it, whhaaaa. Please!!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Oh man I hate to hear this. This mode is fine. Those complaining about it being too hard, too long etc. just drive me crazy. YOU LOST YOUR BALL! Here's a *chance* to earn it back. It shouldn't be easy, look to Toto for an easy "get your ball back" mini-game.
After all the games I've put on WOZ, I have yet to complete TNPLH. That doesn't mean I want it dumbed down to make it easier. It's challenging, that's the point, you lost your ball, now try and *earn* it back.
Whhaaaaa, I have to play more pinball to win my ball back after I lost it, whhaaaa. Please!!

Yeah, I agree. I've completed TNPLH a few times (3, maybe 4?) and it is very satisfying when you do-even though after all that you are just saving a ball (and scoring some points). Think of it as a sharpshooter's mode, where you only advance by hitting specific shots, instead of making random shots/points as happens during normal gameplay. Had one round of TNPLH yesterday, made the rainbow, and drained on the crystal ball shot--quite frustrating!

#70 10 years ago

A good player can have a hard time completing all 7 rainbow targets. A casual player is highly unlikely to hit all 7 targets before draining. After rainbow comes the 3 hardest shots in the game: throneroom, spinner and left orbit. A casual player has almost no chance whatsoever of ever finishing the entire mode. Trust me, I've seen plenty try to Adding operator-selectable difficulty setting for this would be much appreciated.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

A good player can have a hard time completing all 7 rainbow targets. A casual player is highly unlikely to hit all 7 targets before draining. After rainbow comes the 3 hardest shots in the game: throneroom, spinner and left orbit. A casual player has almost no chance whatsoever of ever finishing the entire mode. Trust me, I've seen plenty try to Adding operator-selectable difficulty setting for this would be much appreciated.

Agreed and perfectly put.

And no Rob its not crying about playing more pinball or dumbing it down. I'm not saying make it a 80% success rate but at the clip its going, I would just rather move along to my next ball and get this, more pinball. Same thing with the haunted forest skill shot. I'm not bothering because of the low success rate versus the reward.

#72 10 years ago

I will be the first to admit that I am not a great player, and for people like me, who also happen to own and love WOZ, making the game's difficulty somewhat more adjustable is a big plus.

#73 10 years ago

I completed the TNPLH the first time I tried. However, I haven't done it since. Whhaaaaa.

#74 10 years ago

Anyone else completed TNPLH twice on the same ball? Or even game? I did it without any working RAINBOW lights, but haven't done it again since.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Agreed and perfectly put.
And no Rob its not crying about playing more pinball or dumbing it down. I'm not saying make it a 80% success rate but at the clip its going, I would just rather move along to my next ball and get this, more pinball. Same thing with the haunted forest skill shot. I'm not bothering because of the low success rate versus the reward.

Please explain what exactly about TNPLH is *not* 'more pinball'? Apart from the fact that you won't score or progress by just flailing and hitting random shots. There is a series of shots to make, like many other pinball modes, with just the nonspecific shots taken away. Sounds like this is actually MORE pinball than 'regular' gameplay!

And, like so many things here (pre-ordering games, reading dumb threads, etc.), if you don't like it, just accept your original drain and let TNPLH drain also.

#76 10 years ago

Can someone explain to me how do get the downloads? I tried and could never get them.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Please explain what exactly about TNPLH is *not* 'more pinball'? Apart from the fact that you won't score or progress by just flailing and hitting random shots

It's not that flailing won't work, it's more that you can't do *anything else* until you complete a very specific and lengthy shot sequence. Even the most basic pinball games have several goals to shoot for, but TNPLH is completely single-threaded. For a very short mode like TOTO, that's fine, but TNPLH can take 30 seconds or more to finish, and it's possible to get it more than once per game. Considering the variety of the rest of the game, it's reasonable for people to get bored with shooting rainbow targets.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's not that flailing won't work, it's more that you can't do *anything else* until you complete a very specific and lengthy shot sequence. Even the most basic pinball games have several goals to shoot for, but TNPLH is completely single-threaded. For a very short mode like TOTO, that's fine, but TNPLH can take 30 seconds or more to finish, and it's possible to get it more than once per game. Considering the variety of the rest of the game, it's reasonable for people to get bored with shooting rainbow targets.

For a game with a ton of different types of shots to go for, I think a mode that is very directed like TNPLH adds even more refreshing variety, not to mention the 'sudden death' tension that you don't get when generally shooting around during a game. Different strokes, I guess. I like TNPLH.

#79 10 years ago

I did not like TNPLH at first but have come to appreciate it more. It is a real challenge that is for sure, I have still not done it, but the way I see it it helps me get better with my shots and one of these days I will get it!

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

For a game with a ton of different types of shots to go for, I think a mode that is very directed like TNPLH adds even more refreshing variety, not to mention the 'sudden death' tension that you don't get when generally shooting around during a game. Different strokes, I guess. I like TNPLH.

If someone starts TNPLH while losing ball 2, and is a shot or two from starting some good stuff in the main game, having to play through TNPLH to get back to the main game seems more like work, and I can understand the temptation to just drain TNPLH and play ball 3. Now, if you lost ball 3 with stuff lit, TNPLH is worth grinding through (or trying to!)

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I did not like TNPLH at first but have come to appreciate it more. It is a real challenge that is for sure, I have still not done it, but the way I see it it helps me get better with my shots and one of these days I will get it!

^^^^^^^^
This! Have completed it once and was most rewarding. Like a game within a game and sets this machine apart from others. Im a moderate player and would hate to have it changed....permanently.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

^^^^^^^^
This! Have completed it once and was most rewarding. Like a game within a game and sets this machine apart from others. Im a moderate player and would hate to have it changed....permanently.

I'd imagine if they really did want to change it, they chould just have it be a toggle in the menu.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

I use this mode to primarily rack up ramp shots that lead to the next level of EXTRA BALL and then try and get the ball save. At least if I'm gonna lose it, I'd like to make progress towards another EXTRA BALL

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Please explain what exactly about TNPLH is *not* 'more pinball'?

Apart from the fact that you won't score or progress by just flailing and hitting random shots. There is a series of shots to make, like many other pinball modes, with just the nonspecific shots taken away. Sounds like this is actually MORE pinball than 'regular' gameplay!
And, like so many things here (pre-ordering games, reading dumb threads, etc.), if you don't like it, just accept your original drain and let TNPLH drain also.

I didnt say it wasnt "more".

For the record, I did state I let tnplh drain.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

It's no harder to hit the rainbow targets in TNPLH than during regular gameplay. Except you gotta finish them before moving on. I like TNPLH as-is: lots of suspense! But I'm sure the updated version will be challenging too. And, there's no such word as "rebounce." Try "rebound" perhaps...

Thank you for the lesson in English to this Limey. I believe that it is harder on the basis that during regular gameplay you can get letters spotted through hitting the target to the left of the centre (spelt correctly) ramp.
.......or am I wrong here?
My point is that it is challenging to get the Toto ball save but achievable, TNPLH is so hard that my normal reaction is to just give up and let the ball drain.

#86 10 years ago

Looks like the next release is 2.0

Anyone else think 2.0 means all modes will be in the game and only bug fixes from here out?

#87 10 years ago

Double Triple Jackpot !

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks like the next release is 2.0
Anyone else think 2.0 means all modes will be in the game and only bug fixes from here out?

Where'd you get the 2.0 number from?

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Where'd you get the 2.0 number from?

This is what Keith posted on the WOZ Google group:

"Guys, just FYI we have started final testing on version 2.00; it won't be released for a few days yet. No promises, but probably by Friday.

keith"

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

"Guys, just FYI we have started final testing on version 2.00; it won't be released for a few days yet. No promises, but probably by Friday.
keith"

Thats great news. Its gotta be a TON of content if they're jumping from 1.26 to 2.0

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thats great news. Its gotta be a TON of content if they're jumping from 1.26 to 2.0

I expect it will have all the modes. The fine tuning could still come after this update.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Why is it a goal or even a consideration for a casual player to be able to retrieve his already drained ball via the mini game? If a casual player can't do it, then good. There are lots of things a casual player can't do.

#93 10 years ago

2.0! Wow! 0.74 better than 1.26 would have been!

#94 10 years ago

TNPLH defaults to timed in 2.0, so hopefully most of the complaining just goes away. It can be made easier if people want to do that, and Rainbow defaults to being slightly easier than it was before. But casuals are not going to finish it, in all likelihood.

#95 10 years ago

Great news.. hated the longevity of TNPLH.. and having the option to make it easier seems like a good compromise for both sides of the fence..

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why is it a goal or even a consideration for a casual player to be able to retrieve his already drained ball via the mini game? If a casual player can't do it, then good. There are lots of things a casual player can't do.

Agreed (not quite as harsh in my thought, however)...I've accomplished 3 times since July, and get so absorbed in the on screen stuff once completed, drain shortly thereafter. I like the fact that there is always (more to accomplish) as opposed to mastering every mode of the game quickly (what's the point of playing?).

Thanks Keith, and am thoroughly obsessed with the game already.....2.0 officially terrifies me...... ......mark

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

keith"

This is awesome. Because my birthday happens to be on Friday.

#98 10 years ago

Its probably not the final code with any bugs they find in this code, but its gotta be a HUGE update. I can't wait to see the change log.

#99 10 years ago

Posted on JJP Facebook page a few hours ago!

1012542_736135779738354_188220891_n.jpg1012542_736135779738354_188220891_n.jpg
1509939_736135829738349_670979091_n.jpg1509939_736135829738349_670979091_n.jpg

#100 10 years ago

^Are those new graphics I see?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-126-wish-list/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.