Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Newsom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Made a video of 1.24 showing most of the new features. Didn't beat the Wicked Witch, and couldn't finish my game, but a good amount is in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cORGq-xjyog?autoplay=1&rel=0

#2 10 years ago

The light show at around 7:10 and 8:30 is so damn cool. Love the new code update.

#3 10 years ago

Very high quality video Troz. Thanks for sharing. Liking the changes made in 1.24.

#4 10 years ago

Good looking machine, but I must say the best thing about that video is your flipper control. So nice to see some patience. I'm so sick of everyone's videos just being smack smack smack smack whatever comes to the flipper. Nice one.

#5 10 years ago

Wow! That was great. You killed a lot of winkie guards there. Nice moment when you had all 5 balls cradled on the flippers. Great to see someone really playing the upper playfields. Thanks very much for the video.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I'm so sick of everyone's videos just being smack smack smack smack whatever comes to the flipper. Nice one.

Hey that's just fast and flow, don't you know?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Good looking machine, but I must say the best thing about that video is your flipper control. So nice to see some patience. I'm so sick of everyone's videos just being smack smack smack smack whatever comes to the flipper. Nice one.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=5668

#8 10 years ago

I see you totally abandoned the upper right flipper, not even for a witch skill shot

#9 10 years ago

Thanks, glad everyone is enjoying it. I'll try to get one with the mode following the witch battle when I can. My 3 year old son woke up early from his nap while I was filming this, thus the abrupt ending.

Yup, you found me. There goes my secret Pinside identity

Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

I see you totally abandoned the upper right flipper, not even for a witch skill shot

That flipper is nothing but trouble and doesn't exist to me, although Keith obviously knows this and forces a shot with it to melt the witch. First time I melted her I must've taken 7-8 shots before finally making it. Should probably practice more with the skill shots.

#10 10 years ago

I love 1.24 it is amazing me and a buddy must have played 50 plus games on my WoZ yesterday. Its so damn cool when you kill the witch and she melts in the LCD animation and it Says DING DONG the WITCH is DEAD. So damn cool and its just gonna get better.

Joe(acejedi)

#11 10 years ago

I like that 'melt the witch' mode. It reminds me of the Pinbot 'solar value' award. Lock one ball and shoot the ramp. But this goes one step further - lock one ball, shoot the ramp and then hit the witch with the upper flipper: awesome.

#12 10 years ago

Great video wish I was that good!

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for the great video Troz! It's cool to see what a highly skilled player can accomplish on a difficult game like WOZ. It doesn't seem like that long ago that WOZ videos consisted mainly of shooting up the middle and up the ramp and just trying to start EC multiball.... The new lighting effects are stunning and battle the Wicked Witch mode looks awesome! The sound/music for that mode reminds me of Destroy the Ring in that it creates a sense of urgency while you're playing. The game is really shaping up to be great... I have a feeling I'll be a buyer again at some point in the future.

#14 10 years ago

That was very impressive. If I ever have to sell mine I think may be able to claim it as "virgin" material when it comes to some of those modes

#15 10 years ago

Seeing this video just reminds me how TERRIBLE a player I am I'll stick to programming.

#16 10 years ago

Maybe its easy when you play the game, but i have a hard time understanding where to start what mode.
I have not played the game yet so i might be wrong on this. But i checked alot videos on youtube and i'm having a hard time figure it out.

Great video! (Bit low sound but i get why )

#17 10 years ago

I would look at it this way to get to "Battle the Wicked Witch".

4 goals

1. Start EC multiball
2. Start Rescuse multiball
3. Start Fireball Frenzy
4. Start a Munchkin mode

To at least start all of these and unlock the abililty to play Battle the Wicked Witch

1. EC MB: Spell "Scarecrow", "Cowardly Lion" and "Tin Man" on the playfield by hitting the roll overs for each letter in the characters names. After each character is fully spelled out the lock insert will light. Do this three times and EC MB starts. Spell a character via roll over shots, lock is lit, hit the ramp shot, repeat.

2. Rescue MB: Light winged monkey between the pops to enable the monkey magnet. The arrow light on the backboard will glow yellow to let you know its ready to pickup the ball and "capture" Dorthy. Hit the winkie guard target 3 times to get up to the castle playfield. Spell "Rescue" and bash the door down to start Rescue MB. I believe this can be at the minimum a two ball MB mode but can go up to 5 if you spell "Rescue" multiple times. Instead of bashing down the doors hit the "search" loop and respell "Rescue" to enable up to 5 ball locks.

3. Complete the three witch hurry ups. Hit the witch target once and she will come up. Hit her again to collect the hurry up before it runs out. Do this three times to light Fireball Frenzy. Hit the witch again to start Fireball Frenzy.

4. Start a Munchkin mode by spelling "Rainbow" by hitting each of the Rainbow targets once. The twister insert light will now be enabled and a animation will be displayed on the LCD letting you know that the twister is ready. Hit the main ramp shot to enter the Munchkin mini playfield. Depending on your settings you will have to hit the loop a number of times, I believe 10 loops is the default. After you hit the set number of loops you can let the ball drop if you wish down the hole and a Munchkin mode begins.

#18 10 years ago

Watched all 15 minutes. Great second ball! With the addition of the LCD and full motion video, it's a fun game to watch someone else play.

#19 10 years ago

Tip on the witch hurryup: you can hit this shot with any one of the 3 main pf flippers, and it will score lots of points, hurryups + fireball mode.

#20 10 years ago

What exactly happens in fireball mode? I see there's a jackpot value on the display but what scores it? Is this complete? Also, during EC multiball, is there a jackpot shot or is this stuff not filled out in 1.24?

#21 10 years ago

AWESOME! Game play looked great,I liked the weak flipper play and the light show was cool.The animations are really coming along,LCD is the way to go!!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

What exactly happens in fireball mode? I see there's a jackpot value on the display but what scores it? Is this complete? Also, during EC multiball, is there a jackpot shot or is this stuff not filled out in 1.24?

Fireball mode: Hit the blue lights for jackpots, avoid the orange ones. 3 orange ones and mode is over...

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Fireball mode: Hit the blue lights for jackpots, avoid the orange ones. 3 orange ones and mode is over...

Oh wow, that's a great game mechanic... and totally a bad idea during multi-ball. Very clever.. I'm going to play with that.

What about during EC multi-ball. Are there jackpot shots? Is there a ruleset available at this point that covers most of the features and what is and isn't implemented?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

The blue shot is worth the sum of the three witch hurryups that you cashed in divided by two.
If you hit the blue shot, the next blue shot is worth 500 points more than the one you just hit.
If you hit a orange shot, the value of the blue shot decreases by (I think) 500 points.
Hitting a blue shot adds an additional orange on the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 91.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-124-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.