(Topic ID: 67733)

Woz 1.22 Gameplay video with No Hold Flippers Mode - Video of LCD added

By boo32

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 10 years ago

There is really nothing like this machine. Nothing compares.

I played the new code last night, had a couple of modes/multis stacked with the new CB modes and it's just genius stuff.

No Hold Flippers, where have you been? Forcing you to simply MAKE shots during a multiball is one of the best modes ever, no holding and passing and methodical (ZzzZZzzz) play, but simply 'how good are you at flailing?' I flailed 4 balls into 4 different shots and it was just glorious. Such a fresh feeling to play. I only had time for a short session so I never got the Reversed Flippers mode, but the No Hold and Weak Flipper modes were absolutely awesome and are two of the most interesting modes I've played in many years.

I feel sorry for the (cue Poindexter-ish voice, cause that's how I hear these in my head) "But I played it a couple times on location and at a show, where I could barely hear anything or concentrate on what was going on, but in my first 3 games I decided I wasn't being satisfied properly, which confirmed what I always knew I'd feel about the machine since before I ever saw it, that I don't like it and knew I never would" people.

Eventually I think nearly every player who allows themselves to be immersed in this machine and hungers for new and inventive pinball play will be drawn to WOZ. Because there's absolutely nothing like it in pinball right now. Pinball has taken a giant step forward... finally.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

If Woz was just dropped from nowhere in its current state the buzz would have been off the chart.

You are absolutely correct. Players would be going into convulsions and Pinside would probably crash. I've made this point before. If nothing had been shown, then BOOM Jack just unveils WOZ as we now see it? Heh, pandemonium.

Unfortunately, as you say, he couldn't do that. And along the way, the small reveals took some of the mystery away, one by one, left a lot of cynical onlookers feeling the need to go "Meh" and "So what..." Mainly because they really couldn't grasp what was being shown to them, and what it would eventually be, and the knee-jerk reactions to hate on anything new and different.

As Taylor says, and he's right, Jack taking the prototypes around to the shows with very skeletal software, and weak flippers and all the rest, gave even more ammo to the guys who already sort of wanted to dislike it because of the theme, because of Jack's boastfulness, because it's a new hyped machine, or whatever reason.

As it stands now, it's a GI lighting upgrade away from being an absolute pinball masterpiece. That's assuming the code finishes up with the wizard modes and all the tweaks, which we know it will.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-122-gameplay-video-with-no-hold-flippers-mode?tu=mechslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.