Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by j69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Well I put about 8 games on WOZ today at Marvin's Mechanical Museum in Michigan. The game (an LE) is now running 1.18. Out of the 8 games I played I had 0 issues and the game played great. The last time I was there the game had to be reset to correct an issue with sound going out and all insert lights turning off. I'm happy to report that both of those issues have been corrected thanks to 1.18. Also, the area where WOZ is at in Marvin's is dimly lit and I had no issue seeing the playfield. I felt that the bright inserts for There's No Place Like home actually helps lighten up the lower playfield area a bit.

Some improvements that I noted. I did see the insert light on for the Munchkin mini playfield to signal what mode you would be getting. I also noticed several additional voice callouts. The new animations for the skill shots look excellent. Overall the game just seemed to play better then any other WOZ machine I have played in the past. The game is simply a blast to play and this may sound weird but the game is like a work of art. I've never played a machine that feels as well built or have had as much fun. The only thing I could compare WOZ to is Twilight Zone due to this games complexity. With 1.18 I noticed that the color of all LED's during TOTO look like classic pinball lights which I found to be a nice touch. I've commented a lot on what I like about WOZ but I have to say again just how much fun and innovative the two mini outlane games are. I'm looking forward to many more code updates to see just how great this game will be when all is said and done code wise.

Some things I would like to see.

1. More modes, lol. Of course! I heard a rumor that more are coming at the end of the month.
2. Jackpot callouts. This is really needed to help make a player feel rewarded.
3. Skill shot voice call outs. Same as above.
4. Sound effects / call outs for the Winki Guard drop target.

#2 10 years ago

Heres another great video from Pinplay showing how to calibrate the spinning house. The diagnostics menu seems well thought out and the audio for button presses is a nice touch.

http://www.pinplay.com/8/woz_video_tutorial_how_to_calibrate_dorothys_house.html

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well I put about 8 games on WOZ today at Marvin's Mechanical Museum in Michigan. The game (an LE) is now running 1.18. Out of the 8 games I played I had 0 issues and the game played great. The last time I was there the game had to be reset to correct an issue with sound going out and all insert lights turning off. I'm happy to report that both of those issues have been corrected thanks to 1.18. Also, the area where WOZ is at in Marvin's is dimly lit and I had no issue seeing the playfield. I felt that the bright inserts for There's No Place Like home actually helps lighten up the lower playfield area a bit.
Some improvements that I noted. I did see the insert light on for the Munchkin mini playfield to signal what mode you would be getting. I also noticed several additional voice callouts. The new animations for the skill shots look excellent. Overall the game just seemed to play better then any other WOZ machine I have played in the past. The game is simply a blast to play and this may sound weird but the game is like a work of art. I've never played a machine that feels as well built or have had as much fun. The only thing I could compare WOZ to is Twilight Zone due to this games complexity. With 1.18 I noticed that the color of all LED's during TOTO look like classic pinball lights which I found to be a nice touch. I've commented a lot on what I like about WOZ but I have to say again just how much fun and innovative the two mini outlane games are. I'm looking forward to many more code updates to see just how great this game will be when all is said and done code wise.
Some things I would like to see.
1. More modes, lol. Of course! I heard a rumor that more are coming at the end of the month.
2. Jackpot callouts. This is really needed to help make a player feel rewarded.
3. Skill shot voice call outs. Same as above.
4. Sound effects / call outs for the Winki Guard drop target.

P.F. Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I'm a bit like you I think, I look at pinball as art as much as a game. I have an extensive art collection (Art Deco) and think that ECLEWOZ will blend nicely with the rest of our art.

#4 10 years ago

end of the month?
I hope there will be an update to address the bugs before (power loss of some coils, bug scene "there no place" bug magician).
Congratulations jjp because applications were taken into account: different points in the super shots, when we finally "there no place," the ball is blocked by the magnet, which allows you to see the scene, the multiball 'rescue is very good,
What is needed is:
* benefits of sounds:
- For chrystal ball
- When the "there no place" one ends
- For its jackpots
- Dorothy is captured when his
- Sound Multiball rescue
- To gain his horse

* change the rules of the forest to do missions

* Finishing rules

I think many of my proposals are already under jjp.

When the game is over, it will be the best pinball.

Go JJP

#5 10 years ago

I think some of those issues may be personal to your machine? I have none of those issues with 1.18

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-118-mini-review and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.