• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
castle_single_door_motor.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I am running 1.18 and am having some issues and am curious if others are see problems and what they are.

1. If player 1 gets Dorothy captured, the ball stays behind the single door. If player 2 gets Dorothy captured the second ball just captured sits behind the single door leaving 2 balls behind the single door. The game will now go through ball search, the single door will never be opened and the glass has to be removed to get the two balls out from behind the single door.

2. I've noticed a few times during a game, when a new ball is ejected out of the ball trough outhole into the shooter lane waiting to get manually launched by the ball shooter the machine will go through a ball search after about a minute. I've noticed this when walking away from the machine to do something in-between balls and then hear the machine searching for balls.

3. There has been a number of times where a ball would get behind the castle double doors and with the doors closed the game will go through ball search. The problem is that the castle door VUK will try to kick the ball out when the doors are closed and does not try to kick the ball out when the doors are opened. The glass needs to be removed and the doors have to be opened to get the ball out.

4. While the game is set for free play, I've hit the start button and the game will ask to insert quarters. I can go into settings and see that the game is set for free play. Power fail the game will resolve issue.

#2 10 years ago

Haven't seen #1. #2 I've seen and it is kind of annoying. #3 is a known bug, hope they fix it soon. Can't comment on #4 as my game isn't on free play.

#3 10 years ago

The only one of these issues that I've had is #3, the ball getting stuck behind the castle doors, but I believe this was resolved with 1.14 - I haven't seen it since. Maybe try re-installing 1.18 and see if any of the issues go away? If not call JJP tech support, they'll help you with your game's issues.

#4 10 years ago

I've been running 1.18 since it came out. I've not seen #1. Definetly seen #2 (anoying is correct), #3 yes I've seen and as has been said known issue. I've not seen #4 either. That one you may want to check the menus when it acts up and see if it still says free play.

Cheers

#5 10 years ago

Weird.. haven't had those issues... yet.
First of all for sure let Alex, know.. write up a ticket.. and maybe also email Lloyd or call him.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

1. If player 1 gets Dorothy captured, the ball stays behind the single door. If player 2 gets Dorothy captured the second ball just captured sits behind the single door leaving 2 balls behind the single door. The game will now go through ball search, the single door will never be opened and the glass has to be removed to get the two balls out from behind the single door.

Never heard of this before. The already-captured ball is supposed to be ejected on the other ball's way up. Will look into it.

Quoted from TVP:

2. I've noticed a few times during a game, when a new ball is ejected out of the ball trough outhole into the shooter lane waiting to get manually launched by the ball shooter the machine will go through a ball search after about a minute. I've noticed this when walking away from the machine to do something in-between balls and then hear the machine searching for balls.

This is probably due to hitting a flipper when the ball was in the shooter lane. It's a bug that's already been corrected for the next version.

Quoted from TVP:

3. There has been a number of times where a ball would get behind the castle double doors and with the doors closed the game will go through ball search. The problem is that the castle door VUK will try to kick the ball out when the doors are closed and does not try to kick the ball out when the doors are opened. The glass needs to be removed and the doors have to be opened to get the ball out.

This obviously shouldn't happen but I'll doublecheck the kickout code to make sure it's always trying to open the door correctly.

Quoted from TVP:

4. While the game is set for free play, I've hit the start button and the game will ask to insert quarters. I can go into settings and see that the game is set for free play. Power fail the game will resolve issue.

Never heard of this before either. Will double-check the logic here.

#7 10 years ago

TVP, the previous post is the man, or one of, writing the code. You cannot get the answer from a better place.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks for the responses.

1. I'll look into the single door motor later tonight since the already captured ball should be released when the second ball is on the way up.

Thank You!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

This is probably due to hitting a flipper when the ball was in the shooter lane. It's a bug that's already been corrected for the next version.

I know when this has happened to me (ball search and launch from shooter lane) nobody has been near the game, we were standing and talking.

#10 10 years ago

Check fuse F711 - "20V Coils/Motors (BLU) - Castle Single Door Motor, Castle Double Doors Motors (Left & Right)"

If that is bad, your door will not open.

#11 10 years ago

Is the Witch Hurry Up already programmed? I did not get them. When I start the witch it goes up and with the next hit it goes down and nothing happens.

Regards,
Mirco

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from brannonrad:

Check fuse F711 - "20V Coils/Motors (BLU) - Castle Single Door Motor, Castle Double Doors Motors (Left & Right)"

If that is bad, your door will not open.

The problem is not that the doors will not open. The problem is the doors open after the ball has been kicked from the saucer, and they knock the ball back into the saucer.

The problem is like this. 1) A ball gets snuck behind the castle doors when they are closed, but the ball is NOT in the saucer. 2) The game does a ball search and opens the doors first. 3) The doors knock the ball back into the saucer then close, the saucer ejects the ball behind the closed doors. 4) Game still can't find the ball (they are still stuck behind the doors). Go back to #2 above and repeat until the game gives up and launches a chase ball.

So the ball never gets cleared from behind the castle because the doors keep knocking the ball back into the saucer.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

The problem is like this. 1) A ball gets snuck behind the castle doors when they are closed, but the ball is NOT in the saucer. 2) The game does a ball search and opens the doors first. 3) The doors knock the ball back into the saucer then close, the saucer ejects the ball behind the closed doors. 4) Game still can't find the ball (they are still stuck behind the doors). Go back to #2 above and repeat until the game gives up and launches a chase ball.

So the ball never gets cleared from behind the castle because the doors keep knocking the ball back into the saucer.

Sounds like for a ball search, the doors should be opened and stay open and then the saucer should eject... and then the doors should shut.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

1) A ball gets snuck behind the castle doors when they are closed, but the ball is NOT in the saucer. 2) The game does a ball search and opens the doors first. 3) The doors knock the ball back into the saucer then close, the saucer ejects the ball behind the closed doors. 4) Game still can't find the ball (they are still stuck behind the doors). Go back to #2 above and repeat until the game gives up and launches a chase ball.

This has happened to me twice now. I had to take the glass off to clear it out I believe on both occasions. I think if you can add more time to the castle door clear timer that would fix this issue. It probably needs at least another 2-3 seconds to ensure it does not push the ball back up into the VUK.

Cheers

#15 10 years ago

Thanks for the responses.
1. I'll look into the single door motor later tonight since the already captured ball should be released when the second ball is on the way up.
Thank You!

I found that the single castle door motor has a wiring problem that is intermittent. Sometimes it works in coil test and sometimes it doesn't. Looks like the motor wiring terminal is resting on the left orbit rail/wall and moving the motor with finger will allow coil test to fire the motor. I wonder if it is grounding out. I guess I'll have remove castle playfield and see if I can create a gap.

castle_single_door_motor.jpgcastle_single_door_motor.jpg

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I found that the single castle door motor has a wiring problem that is intermittent. Sometimes it works in coil test and sometimes it doesn't. Looks like the motor wiring terminal is resting on the left orbit rail/wall and moving the motor with finger will allow coil test to fire the motor. I wonder if it is grounding out. I guess I'll have remove castle playfield and see if I can create a gap.

If it is contacting you can insulate it with, say, a little piece of electrical tape.

#17 10 years ago

Simply insulate the lug/connection point with heat shrink tubing.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 10 years ago

Hello, a little anger against the woz.
Since the beginning, I have a lot of bugs (like everyone else but some prefer not to talk about): sound, LEDs, gameplay,,,,,,
Often bugs have been fixed (jjp people are very helpful and professional).
But then with 1.18 code, I have a lot of bugs and I do not understand why a small update has been made ​​to solve the problems:
- The scene "there no place" starts very often alone
- The stage of the wizard does not appear once in two
- I had the winning horses for no reason
- Coils of sligshoots have less power
- The ramp which releases a ball from time to time

I explained my problems with tickets but I never answer.

#19 10 years ago

Yeah, join the club. Ticket #406-My playfield looks horrible with major planking. (on an LE mind you.) What are you going to do about it? Well no response for awhile now. It would be nice if they could at least figure out the ball search so we don't have to constantly remove the glass.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello, a little anger against the woz.
Since the beginning, I have a lot of bugs (like everyone else but some prefer not to talk about): sound, LEDs, gameplay,,,,,,
Often bugs have been fixed (jjp people are very helpful and professional).
But then with 1.18 code, I have a lot of bugs and I do not understand why a small update has been made ​​to solve the problems:
- The scene "there no place" starts very often alone
- The stage of the wizard does not appear once in two
- I had the winning horses for no reason
- Coils of sligshoots have less power
- The ramp which releases a ball from time to time
I explained my problems with tickets but I never answer.

Funny, you have an almost identical set of complaints as this fellow: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-118-online/page/6#post-1053700

1) More than likely you have an oversensitive switch in the There's No Place Like Home targets or outlane switch.

2) Not sure what you mean here.

3) Not quite sure what you mean here.

4) Increase them? Most people are more than fine with the default setting of 4, but they go a lot higher.

5) Check your incline and make sure the meachnisms aren't binding. Now and again, it seems normal for it to occasionally release two balls accidentally, especially if the ramp shot had a lot of speed to it. If either of those balls goes back up the ramp, the game re-locks them.

#21 10 years ago

Mine shipped with 1.17 2.5 weeks ago, even though I believe 1.18 was available before then. I've kept it at 1.17 since I was reading about some frustrating bugs with 1.18. There are still some things happening, like getting ball behind castle doors that eventually is released, but overall I think 1.17 has less things happening. I won't update until the next one comes out. I'm hoping that the next update will fix many of the current issues plus add some more to the modes. I'm having fun with the gameplay as is, and it excites me to see that there's a lot of the rules on the progression map still to come.

As far as planking, I have no issues there at all. The only things I've had to do playfield-wise is just to tighten a popbumper and a switch under the Winkie guard target. It is an extremely well-made machine. Much better quality out-of-the-box than any other NIB experience I've had.

#22 10 years ago

My switches works fine.
When I put the 1.16 code, all is well.
1.18 code is bugged.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

My switches works fine.
When I put the 1.16 code, all is well.
1.18 code is bugged.

And yet other people with 1.18 are not experiencing what you are experiencing, and it has nothing to do with "not wanting to talk about it". Perhaps your download was corrupt - that has messed a few people up.

#24 10 years ago

I don't know if 1.18 added any new bugs, there are bugs and I'm confident JJP will fix them. Look at the changes in the code from 1.16, its hardly any additions with only a handful of fixes. Check it here: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/changelog.txt

I would recommend trying to keep up to the latest if you currently have the game. That way you can let them know if you run into something you feel is a bug or even a new feature you would like to see with very little downside.

Cheers

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

And yet other people with 1.18 are not experiencing what you are experiencing, and it has nothing to do with "not wanting to talk about it". Perhaps your download was corrupt - that has messed a few people up.

I heard the same things about early 1.18 downloads. I would estimate that the next release is coming sometime next week. The last two updates were around 30-35 days a part so next week would be that time frame again

#26 10 years ago

I'm waiting for the update to fix my crappy planked playfield So far no response.

#27 10 years ago

Problem 1 resolved in hardware. Had a bad solder joint under the heat shrink on the castle single door motor. Had to remove the castle playfield to fix it. Resoldered with new heat shrink.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Problem 1 resolved in hardware. Had a bad solder joint under the heat shrink on the castle single door motor. Had to remove the castle playfield to fix it. Resoldered with new heat shrink.

Awesome good job!

#29 10 years ago

I have had 1.18 for 4 weeks and no sign of any of these issues so its not down to the code

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Is the Witch Hurry Up already programmed? I did not get them. When I start the witch it goes up and with the next hit it goes down and nothing happens.
Regards,
Mirco

+1
Any ideas?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, join the club. Ticket #406-My playfield looks horrible with major planking. (on an LE mind you.) What are you going to do about it? Well no response for awhile now. It would be nice if they could at least figure out the ball search so we don't have to constantly remove the glass.

It's not planking. Do you see cracks and lines of bare wood breaking up the playfield artwork? No? Then it's not planking. But you knew that already.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

It's not planking. Do you see cracks and lines of bare wood breaking up the playfield artwork? No? Then it's not planking. But you knew that already.

and so did everyone else that abandoned the topic days ago...sheesh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-118-bugs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.