(Topic ID: 69612)

WOZ 100th Anniversary Yellow Brick Road LE?

By PanzerFreak

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by beatmaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

factory.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Couldn't resist, all in good fun, lol

The year is 2038 and The Wizard of Oz is having its 100 year anniversary with a special IMAX Triple 4D release.

Jersey Jack Pinball has made 40 different themed pinball machines over the past 25 years but no one has seen inside or outside of the factory for the past decade. Who is making the machines that keep getting sold? Not a single worker has been seen entering or leaving the factory for years. No one comes in and no one comes out.

For the 100 anniversary of Wizard of Oz JJP releases a special Yellow Brick Road Special Limited Edition WOZ pinball machine that will feature the first all brick paver pinball cabinet with special yellow painted bricks that have a glossy masonry seal applied to them. If you thought the existing WOZ's weigh a lot well just wait!

There will be 2,000 of these machine made but only 5 of them (random) will contain a special golden painted brick. Those buyers that get a machine with a golden painted brick get a special tour through the Jersey Jack Pinball Factory by no other then Jersey Jack himself!

The golden brick has the following text engraved into it.

Jack's Golden Brick

Greetings To You, The Lucky Finder of This
    GOLDEN BRICK. From Mr. Jersey Jack

Present this golden brick at the factory gates at ten o'clock
    in the morning of the first day of October and do not be late.
    You may bring with you one member of your own family...and only one...
    but no one else...

In your wildest dreams you could not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES
    that await YOU!

factory.jpgfactory.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Jjp nor stern will be making games in 25 years. They will both be long gone.

#3 10 years ago

Why doesn't he just go ahead and make a Willy Wonka pin then?

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

they way things are going, not even 10.

#5 10 years ago

My Son and I are looking forward to this.... As well as our WOZECLE

#6 10 years ago

Does anyone have fun anymore?

Thanks PanzerFreak!

#7 10 years ago

Get a job!

#8 10 years ago

How many Renminbi is this going to cost?

Do I pay now or can I wait until say 2033?

Does it work with google glass9000?

I just have a few more questions be political I do not need honest answers just answers.

#9 10 years ago

Quoted from beatmaster:

they way things are going, not even 10.

I give them 2-3 years...

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I give them 2-3 years...

I doubt that. I think they will be around for a long long time. WOZECLE sold out quick, they have 100's of standards on order, The Hobbit LE is nearly sold out. Why would they not be around in 2-3 years then? They innovated, they are making the highest quality NIB pinball out there today and are committed to completing the code for their games.

#11 10 years ago

Hopefully Jack will have been enjoying retirement for a long time by then. Eddie Adlum, the guy who coined the name Jersy Jack would be proud!

#12 10 years ago

I can't wait to see the first pic of a gameroom with all of the WoZ "LE's" lined up.

Green Woz
    Red Woz
    Yellow Woz
    Blue Woz
    Orange Woz
    Pink Woz

Then you can actually own your very own rainbow!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I doubt that. I think they will be around for a long long time. WOZECLE sold out quick, they have 100's of standards on order, The Hobbit LE is nearly sold out. Why would they not be around in 2-3 years then? They innovated, they are making the highest quality NIB pinball out there today and are committed to completing the code for their games.

WOZECLE sold out, what, 2 years ago? That's been funding a company for 2 years before they even released a product. Now they're making those 1000 products and aren't getting income from them. OK, they have Hobbit money - but by the time they actually get to producing them it's gonna be the same situation. They have to create and build 1500 games that aren't bringing any new money in at that point in time. Say what you will about Stern, but the multi-game-per-year schedule keeps things churning...I think it's the only realistic way for a pinball company to stay in business.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

WOZECLE sold out, what, 2 years ago? That's been funding a company for 2 years before they even released a product. Now they're making those 1000 products and aren't getting income from them. OK, they have Hobbit money - but by the time they actually get to producing them it's gonna be the same situation. They have to create and build 1500 games that aren't bringing any new money in at that point in time. Say what you will about Stern, but the multi-game-per-year schedule keeps things churning...I think it's the only realistic way for a pinball company to stay in business.

I agree as long as the code is finished. If not, I am convinced that even this model is not realistic. The devil is in the details for Stern, IMHO. Rushing out game after game to keep the $$$ flowing in is creeping up on them much in the same way that announcing model after model of WOZ without delivering much is creeping up on JJP; both have the smell of disaster. Currently the pinball industry delivers exactly zero finished product; something to think about.
    Scott

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from shakethatmachine:

I agree as long as the code is finished. If not, I am convinced that even this model is not realistic. The devil is in the details for Stern, IMHO. Rushing out game after game to keep the $$$ flowing in is creeping up on them much in the same way that announcing model after model of WOZ without delivering much is creeping up on JJP; both have the smell of disaster. Currently the pinball industry delivers exactly zero finished product; something to think about.
    Scott

Oh yeah, no - I'm not defending Stern's code issues....I'm just saying from a financial perspective - their model is viable due to a steady cycle of cash in/product out.

#16 10 years ago

What's first, WOZ 100th LE or Metallica code update? Discuss....

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Metallica code update, WoF code update (Skunkworks by either Keefer or Lonnie or Lyman) then maybe a 100 year WoZ but it won't be by JJP. Either WMS or BYI will have bought JJP and renamed the company back to Williams or Bally. God help us if Gottlieb Development does the buying because the games will all be at half speed and the Vuks will only work for half-height playfield levels. Then there's the sound.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

WOZECLE sold out, what, 2 years ago? That's been funding a company for 2 years before they even released a product. Now they're making those 1000 products and aren't getting income from them. OK, they have Hobbit money - but by the time they actually get to producing them it's gonna be the same situation. They have to create and build 1500 games that aren't bringing any new money in at that point in time.

With all the frustrations of delivery delays, I still think Jack is trying to be a straight shooter. I sincerely do. But his model is bordering on looking like a Madoff scheme. Ramping up production and delivering on 2011 orders - whether that is sub contracting your production line or whatever, should be #1 priority. Otherwise, he'll never keep up, delays will be mount and the model will get worse. His intentions are pure but that will be lost if the model resembles less scrupulous examples.

#19 10 years ago

I WISH!
    If pinball is alive and well and kick'n by then, hell yes!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

woz 125 anniversary!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-100th-anniversary-yellow-brick-road-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.