Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
4175840009_748e13c882_o.jpg
#2 10 years ago

and they're off

#3 10 years ago

Wow when retailers on ebay are dropping prices already it is going to be interesting to say the least.

#4 10 years ago

bahahahahaa.

I'm finding the biggest bowl in the house, overfilling it with popcorn, getting drunk and laughing while reading all the mm stuff tonight.

Thank you PPS. You have given us so much more than just a new mm - reality pinball tv.

And yes, I have one ordered.

#5 10 years ago

i'm already on my second bowl... better than any tv show outhere!

#6 10 years ago

$12,850 OBO? I'm guessing people are going to offer less

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Wow when retailers on ebay are dropping prices already it is going to be interesting to say the least.

good, most of there prices are sky high and never going to sell. maybe the 24k one will drop down also.

#8 10 years ago

I like the one advertised for 24k on ebay. Their rationale? "NOT A REPRODUCTION"! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I like the one advertised for 24k on ebay. Their rationale? "NOT A REPRODUCTION"! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

this is exactly what i was saying, they are going to find every excuses in the world.
the reproduction will be 100x better with shaker, brass trims, new board... new everything.

the bubble started with this pin and it's going to end with this pin! and it's about time!!!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

this is exactly what i was saying, they are going to find every excuses in the world.the reproduction will be 100x better with shaker, brass trims, new board... new everything.
the bubble started with this pin and it's going to end with this pin! and it's about time!!!

Amen brother...

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Amen brother...

Double Amen

#12 10 years ago

Triple Amen

#13 10 years ago

WOW great stuff, what an immediate effect. Watch when the others get announced. Great to see all these crazy pin prices starting to correct themselves, this will finally stop the madness.

#14 10 years ago

10k by x-mas!

#15 10 years ago

"look at that crappy little board compared to the original beefy and proven old boards."

#16 10 years ago

Quadruple amen!

#17 10 years ago

I can only imagine the amount of Star Trek orders that have been cancelled due to the MM announcement.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

this is exactly what i was saying, they are going to find every excuses in the world.
the reproduction will be 100x better with shaker, brass trims, new board... new everything.

Nope, the bubble didn't start with MM; the bubble started with Pinside.

#19 10 years ago

What goes up ....must come down..........

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Pinside started before the bubble started

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

And in case there is any question about the above, see the "Who bought a MMR?" thread.

It's been an hour and 60 Pinsiders are on the bandwagon.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

You do realize that pinside has been around for a decade, right?

#23 10 years ago

Is it not correct that Pinside poularity and awesomeness really started ramping up in the past 2 to 3 yrs?
And that pin prices for the more highly sought after pins have been increasing over the past 2 to 3 years?
And the interest in adding gamerooms to (or remodeling/re-arranging) family homes has been increasing noticeably in the past few years?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

And in case there is any question about the above, see the "Who bought a MMR?" thread.

Holy hell, so when I signed up 9+ years ago, the bubble was already created? Dang, didn't realize that I overpaid so much for my mint JP.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Is it not correct that Pinside poularity and awesomeness really started ramping up in the past 2 to 3 yrs?
And that pin prices for the more highly sought after pins have been increasing over the past 2 to 3 years?
And the interest in adding gamerooms to (or remodeling/re-arranging) family homes has been increasing noticeably in the past few years?

Yes, but I hardly think that Pinside is to blame. More like the rise in Pinside is an *effect* of the change in the market, which is driven the most by the fact that people who used to play pins in arcades want one for their homes.

There was a home game room addition craze about a dozen years ago too. The craze then was retro vids. The fad ended and the market crashed. When I got my Ms. Pac-Man, I could have sold it easily for $1400+ in minutes. Today, I'd be lucky to get $400. That craze had nothing to do with anything other than kids growing up in the 80s suddenly had money they could invest in machines for their basements, so they did. Why that market crashed, you can hypothesize about that.

The difference with the pin market so far has been that new pins were selling just as well as old ones were, which was NOT the case in the vid market.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

$12,850 OBO? I'm guessing people are going to offer less

I just made an offer. It was declined.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

"look at that crappy little board compared to the original beefy and proven old boards."

Lol, that is 4175840009_748e13c882_o.jpg4175840009_748e13c882_o.jpgwhy I threw out my Macs and filled the basement with 1970 computer banks.

#28 10 years ago

$2

Quoted from RTR:I just made an offer. It was declined.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Sorry Joe, but Pinside did not start the bubble. All pinside did was give people somewhere to go where they would not be attacked by the keyboard commandos that threaten, insult and berate people. And for some of them RGP and other sites were not a "family friendly" atmosphere in the first place. That kind of stuff does not bother me in the least but it does mean something to many other people. Especially now that pinball has become such a hot item in so many peoples gamerooms. People stay home more now than 15 years ago. You can even tell the difference in traffic patterns on the roads at 11 pm.
I know that you have been around for awhile and know what I'm talking about (and who). All that pinside did was give the common pinhead a forum to ask a question without fear of being attacked. The pinsiders you refer to have been there all along but they were just lurkers who did not want to post and put up with the BS from FF and the other clowns who think they are so superior. Nobody likes to be threatened by anyone...let alone an unknown person. But thats the norm on some "other sites". Pinside simply offered an alternative, and it would appear that it is the more popular one.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol, that is why I threw out my Macs and filled the basement with 1970 computer banks.

4175840009_748e13c882_o.jpg 167 KB

Imagine if it was only a matter of finding the blown bulb or damaged punch card to repair the electronics?

#31 10 years ago

"WAAAHH! I've had this mint NIB MM for 12 years and now I can't flip it for $18,000!!"

#32 10 years ago

Yep, they don't make 'EM like they used to! I mean, they don't "MM" like they used to!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 10 years ago

Only 3 overpriced MMs left on eBay. And they will stay there. Forever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wowmm-prices-on-ebay-are-going and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.