Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eryeal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 10 years ago

I also have a Corvette story.
I tell the guy if the game is in the condition you describe I will take it so I drive the hour+ to the guys house and the game is in the garage and there are two guys there.
I glance over at the game and the seller says this guy wants the game too so you guys work it out and he goes into the house.
The other guy say what do you think?
I say you were here first so you get the game and I walk away.
There is no way the seller is going to walk into his house and leave two strangers in his garage so it was obvious the other guy was his shill.
I went there to buy a game no haggle full price if I wanted to be shilled I would buy on Ebay.
I was pissed at the time, a total waste of time and gas but now I just laugh about it.
I didn't even want the game, I know a guy that collects Corvettes that wanted one and wanted me to rebuild it for him.
Never did find one, the flippers seem to grab them when they do come up.
I told him a Corvette pin just isn't going to happen so he just bought my ELVIS instead.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Better than my day.
Held a game with no deposit for two weeks based on when the buyer could make it. Literally rescheduled my birthday dinner for him last night. Get a call in the morning that he has no cash but still wants to get the game??
He asked me once before if I would take a check and I had said no. Oh and the funds needed until Wednesday to clear.
I got pissed and after some banter he emailed me in the afternoon saying he still wanted to get the game??

Don't ever do that, a lot of times it is a flipper stringing you along until they can find a buyer.
I have done this before and by the time they are done jerking you around and you call the other interested parties they have moved on and bought something else.
I will hold a game long enough for someone to look at it, they miss the appointment I call the next guy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-what-a-jerk-that-guy-was?tu=tracelifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.