Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eryeal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from henhel:

Well I just got back from looking at the Corvette pin. I pull up to the guy's house, which has a for sale sign out front, he has the garage door open, I get out of the car we introduce ourselves and the pin is right there. It is a mess looks to me like it has not been played in yrs. dirty, rusty, I only need to look at once and I can see that it would need a complete overhaul to bring it up to playable standards, so I say to him "it looks to me that the pin needs to be gone right thru" I did not even get all the words out, His reply "Oh, Here we go again, listen I am too busy for this but thanks for coming by" and he showed me the door. Literally I am not joking that was it. I was there maybe 20 seconds and I was on my way. I got in my car and I said to myself "What the hell just happened" I guess the guy wanted me to fork over $2400 with no questions asked. That is the 2nd time now in my short time in this hobby that I have dealt with someone that wasn't very nice to me, the only thing that they both have in common is that they were into the Amusement end of it. Maybe that should tell me something. One of the problems I am finding out is that there is just not enough pins for sale in ones immediately area. So I still have money in my pocket to buy a good pin and my search will go on (but no more amusement people). I know many Pinsiders have told me to try to keep away from Pinball Stores but right now where I am sitting it looks like I can not leave out that option. Thanks

Folks tend to be friendlier in Texas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spidey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-what-a-jerk-that-guy-was?tu=spidey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.