Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eryeal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 10 years ago

You really can't control how somebody will respond to you. They could be having a bad day, have personal issues, or just be a jerk in general. Different personalities can clash. The size of a person can intimidate (hey, I'm 6ft 6)
I feel sometimes my quiet nature is a put off to people, but I'm just observing and thinking, often times without negativity in my thoughts, unless you do or say something I don't like. Bottom line, I like to think of myself as pretty easy going.
Too often though, I feel myself getting annoyed about people that underestimate, like in trade deals and what not. They will buy for peanuts or value your trade for peanuts but they value their pin as gold and won't budge. This becomes even more annoying when you know you've cut deals with them in the past and budged on pricing for them, but yet they still won't for you. Lessons learned.

There have been times over the years though that stand out where you feel like you just can't win. (until later)

There was a pinsider that bought a game from me last summer, a listed and described project machine. He called me up and asked me to hold it, asked what games I had and seemed excited about the chance to see and play some of my games. I told him I could hold it and come on out when he's ready.

He comes here to pick up the machine and describes himself as ''new to the hobby'' that this was his first machine but that he was experienced with videos. He asked a lot of questions about different machines, and I answered everything he wanted to know about those and the game he was buying. When we were getting ready to load up the game, I noticed that the playfield glass had some severe chipping in it. I simply wanted to warn him, that he was welcome to leave it with me or just be careful when taking it in or out and how you place it- those that have broken one know the fun behind that experience :/

He loads up after asking dozens of questions, basically brain picking which was fine by me. He never did bother to play any of the other pins lined up he was raving about over the phone.

later on in the week, he slams me on here in public forum, saying it was ''total bullshit'' about the playfield glass, and had many other things to say about the pin he just bought, not one of them accurate. I called him on the phone, naturally, pretty pissed. After that settled, he apologized to me through PM on here, and said he would inform the group that it was a misunderstanding. He never did.
Several weeks ago when I was selling an F14 project, he pm'ed several times that he wanted it and I never responded.
Why? I said to myself. To possibly get slammed for trying to warn you about a playfield glass? and he never did make it right. I was all set. That was my win.

It is often said but seems seldom practiced: Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-what-a-jerk-that-guy-was?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.