Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eryeal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

Yeesh, that sounds horrible. A jerk indeed. Some folks aren't nice, some folks are...but it's not just sellers. Sometimes potential buyers really turn off sellers.

Consider this story: the guy I bought my IJ from had it in his basement for like 13 years. It came with his house. Only machine he ever played. He posted it on CL, and was hounded constantly by people calling and then showing up only to offer way less than his (very reasonable I should add) asking price. Like half what he was asking. Or they'd want to do some wacky deal when the dude clearly stated cash only. Then they would harass him on the phone over the following weeks asking if he was ready to sell yet. I showed up, cash in hand, machine was as described, I bought it. His whole family was super nice, and I still communicate with them about non-pin topics from time to time. But the collectors that had showed up before me had given us all a very bad reputation in their view. And hearing their horror stories, I can't blame them.

I've found the BEST folks to buy from aren't dealers (though I had a nice experience with Trent), but folks here on Pinside. They are knowledgable, and the ones I've dealt with have been very honest.

And if they're not other folks will tell you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 37.50
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-what-a-jerk-that-guy-was?tu=rdreynolds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.