Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eryeal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 10 years ago

Guy wasn't a jerk when I interacted with him. I met him a month ago and bought a pin from him. I played the corvette. It was in pretty nice shape, though not clean. I didn't notice rust, but I wasn't buying that pin.

Sure, the garage was a mess, but I wasn't buying the garage. Yes, the pin I went for was in worse shape than I expected, but I was very apologetic about it not meeting my expectations, and he was super nice about it and we came to an arrangement that we both found agreeable. Buying and selling is a delicate dance and it's very easy for someone to get offended on either side of the table. It's my least favorite part of the hobby, by far.

The guy was the real deal and had a lot of war stories from being an operator and deals gone bad. I think it's tough for folks who've been in pinball for a long time, but also out of pinball recently to know what to make of the new inflated prices and the recent expectations on condition that accompany said prices.

Bottom line; I wasn't there when you were, but I wouldn't hesitate to but a pin from this guy again. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with him, but someone else might not. I also don't know how many jerks have shown up to his garage between me and you that might have changed his disposition. (I still owe him an email, actually).

I'm glad it wasn't a long drive for you, as a deal not working out is really frustrating. I'm also willing to bet that had you handled the encounter differently, he would have worked with you on the price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mocean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-what-a-jerk-that-guy-was?tu=mocean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.