Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eryeal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnwartjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 10 years ago

Plenty of jerks in any hobby. Sellers, buyers, it goes both ways. I must say, though, after 10+ years in pinball, the list of lifelong friends is MUCH much longer than the list of 'people I'd cross the street to avoid, if I were walking down the sidewalk and saw them coming'.

As a buyer on a pinball forum, you always want the best price. As a seller, you have to make money to survive. Making money isn't necessarily evil. Trying to negotiate the best deal isn't always evil.

You know when you go to look at any pin that a sale/deal is not guaranteed. That's why you're going out to look at it. As LTG says, no deal is better than a bad deal!

I've walked away from a transaction where the seller had an unrealistic price in mind, handed the seller my business card with a number written on it, and said 'The game is worth $x to me, please call me if you get to the point you will take $x', and gotten calls back.

I've had sellers not understand what was required to bring the game back into shape before. Some think I'm lying to them. Some believe me.

Just because the guy has a price he put on the item that seems unrealistic to you, or the condition doesn't match what you describe, doesn't make the guy a bad guy. Maybe it's worth that price to him, he will keep it if he doesn't get X. That's OK.

Treat people how you'd like to be treated, whether you are buying or selling, and you'll have better luck. If a deal doesn't work out, there's always the next.

It's only pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnwartjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-what-a-jerk-that-guy-was?tu=johnwartjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.