Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eryeal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PurpleTophat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

If your in RI, there are PLENTY of good Pinsiders that sell games

When I bought RCT I put up a want to buy thread here on Pinside. A couple of days later I got a PM from a local Pinsider. He needed to sell a game to make room for a planned ToM purchase but wasn't sure which one he was going to sell from his collection yet. He said he might risk upsetting his kids and sell the RCT if he could get a fair price. He told me all about the game and his asking price. I went to see and it was minty fresh and beautiful as described. He took the time to teach me a lot of things I didn't know about care and upkeep, and he also showed me how to properly break it down to move it. To those who have been in this hobby for a long time that may seem like a "duh", but when you've never done it before, things like "take the balls out when you lift the playfield" and "back legs off first" are really good to know. Also, just running through the under side of a playfield so you learn what is what, is so valuable.

Then he drove the game to my condo in his truck (we had discussed that part ahead of time), came upstairs with me and ran me back through the process of setting it up with me. We had a beer and played a game before he left. He cared about his game. He had cleaned, polished, and customized the game himself, so it was more than a random machine to play. It was something he was really into and took pride in. He's a really good dude. He didn't have his RCT up for sale, but yet I was able to buy it and own it for a fair price. See what I'm saying?

Some dude off of Craigslist just wants money without hassle, but the Pinsider typically wants to share the passion. If you can, see what other Pinsiders around you might be considering. Some of them might have machines that they would sell for the "right price". Even though not every experience will be like mine, I'd still rather pay a fair price to someone who's going to not only know everything that is right and everything that is wrong with the machine, but they will more than likely be totally up front and honest with you about the exact state of the game from top to bottom.

Just my 2 cents from my experience.

#36 10 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that or I would need a new laptop!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Etten-leur, NB
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PurpleTophat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-what-a-jerk-that-guy-was?tu=PurpleTophat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.