(Topic ID: 16798)

WOW Tron Decals look awesome on recent run!

By GAP

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by eXidy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron2.jpg
    tron1.jpg
    IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Nice thread on RGP on the recent run of Tron and the Decals. They look amazing. Vivid and bright! Stern is really getting these decals right

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/5d85122940e1d198?hl=en#

#2 11 years ago

Makes you think...would there be a market for high res decals for their older games? I think TSPP and LOTR would be vastly improved.

#3 11 years ago

Yup. Thats my Tron. They look very good and neatly applied. For all the worries over this, it's a non-issue. The real concern is going through doorways for fear of snagging one. But the art looks very vivid with no noticeable pixelation (say, in contrast to my old FGY).

Many thanks to Korn for all his help that day. My pinball advice: make friends wih a guy who owns an escalera dolly!

Also, props to JJ at Game Exchange. He was great to deal with. Good distributor!

#4 11 years ago

seems way better...

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shadow:

But the art looks very vivid with no noticeable pixelation (say, in contrast to my old FGY).

The pixelation on my FG irritates me to no end . . . seriously. I would buy decals for that game if they were ever available, seems unlikely though.

#6 11 years ago

From what I can tell in Korns pics they still don't extend up enough in the front by the lockdown bar. Are they still short there?

#7 11 years ago

I wouldn't buy decals for my LOTR or IM, but I would definitely pay for high-resolution apron decals and playfield plastics.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

From what I can tell in Korns pics they still don't extend up enough in the front by the lockdown bar. Are they still short there?

I will try to take some pics tomorrow and post here.

#9 11 years ago

yep they do look good, but my main concern is flipper wear

#10 11 years ago

looks very nice indeed!

#11 11 years ago

yep, wish I waited and got the newer cab version.

#12 11 years ago

Is there a new run of Tron Pro's? I've heard the runs were done and there would be no more. Are these newer Tron's just the last of the final runs from a few months ago or are these completely new runs within the last few weeks?

Some are saying the runs are done and others seem to say more runs are on their way. I can't seem to find any concrete info on either side. There are definitely more people saying the runs are over because a few key toys and parts are no longer easily accessible.

Anyone have any new info?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from nlrobert:

Is there a new run of Tron Pro's? I've heard the runs were done and there would be no more. Are these newer Tron's just the last of the final runs from a few months ago or are these completely new runs within the last few weeks?
    Some are saying the runs are done and others seem to say more runs are on their way. I can't seem to find any concrete info on either side. There are definitely more people saying the runs are over because a few key toys and parts are no longer easily accessible.
    Anyone have any new info?

From what distributors have been telling me TRON is done. But who knows with Stern I never thought they would rerun LOTR and they did with the LE.

#14 11 years ago

If you go to Stern's website and look at games then click "out of production", scroll to the bottom and you will see Tron on that list.

#15 11 years ago

I believe there was a handful done.. I'm not even sure any of them made it up here to Canada.

These look great though! Anyone want to trade?

#16 11 years ago

That was also the case for other titles like TSPP, but they kept churning them out as demand remained high.

I know components can sometimes become scarce, but the later LOTR runs didn't include the figures because they couldn't source them any longer and they still produced them. Owners simply found their own ways to procure the figures.

I guess we can only hope for more at this point. Only time will tell.

#17 11 years ago

The decals look great - My NIB TRON w/decals arrives Friday - pretty excited!

#18 11 years ago

Those look awesome, way better than the ones on my LE.

#19 11 years ago

uh oh.. LE envy now!

Quoted from RawleyD:Those look awesome, way better than the ones on my LE.

uh oh.. LE envy now!

#20 11 years ago

Additional photos of new decals, including coin door:

IMG_1030.JPGIMG_1030.JPG IMG_1033.JPGIMG_1033.JPG IMG_1035.JPGIMG_1035.JPG

#21 11 years ago

more

IMG_1036.JPGIMG_1036.JPG IMG_1037.JPGIMG_1037.JPG IMG_1038.JPGIMG_1038.JPG IMG_1034.JPGIMG_1034.JPG

#22 11 years ago

Wow, those do look great. My only knock on Tron is the low resolution of the cabnet art; this seems to fix that. Great work by Stern.

#23 11 years ago

WOW!! Looks amazing. The resolution is kick ass!

I now have to laugh at the guys that were freaking out about the new Trons and went out and overpaid for old screened cabinets. If I was in the market for a new Tron, the Decals would be the way to go IMO!!

#24 11 years ago

They look goood.
    I'll keep this in mind when I pick my Tron.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Makes you think...would there be a market for high res decals for their older games? I think TSPP and LOTR would be vastly improved.

Absolutely!

#26 11 years ago

Stern got somthing right? WOW they look great. I was one of the people looking for the screen cab. I did not overpay. Just so happen that the best price I found had a screened cab and thats what I was looking for.

#27 11 years ago

Thanks for posting these pictures.
    They look great.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlooking:

Thanks for posting these pictures.
    They look great.

No problem. JJ got Stern to provide the metal plates that they used on AC/DC. Between those and the felt protectors, think it'll be all good.

Hey, anyone put Mylar around the flipper buttons? Thoughts on this? I figure, once you put it on, it's there forever.

2 months later
    #29 11 years ago

awww man, this thread makes me wanna open my box

I heard that Stern made 100 or less of the Decal version of Tron.

Jon

tron1.jpgtron1.jpg tron2.jpgtron2.jpg

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from eXidy:

awww man, this thread makes me wanna open my box
    I heard that Stern made 100 or less of the Decal version of Tron.
    Jon

Nope, you should sell it to me. I've been trying to sell my left arm to get a Tron, to the point of asking my local ops if they would sell theirs or trade out their routed ones for an X-Men Pro.

#32 11 years ago

Can't say that I am a fan. I hate the way they cut a border round the buttons and shooter rod. I'm glad that my Tron LE will have a printed cab.

#33 11 years ago

I think it looks awesome with the decals. bright and sharp.

jon

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-tron-decals-look-awesome-on-recent-run?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.