• Latest reply 9 years ago by videorob
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ET doll.jpg
alf.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider videorob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I'm currently looking into different materials for making a mod to replace the file cabinet with one of my designs. It should be very, very similar to the original. Much less expensive too.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks man. I just got an X-Files pin and it came with a NOS Cabinet. I'm not sure about copyright infringement so if I can make one close to it and hopefully better suited to being hit over and over by a steel ball....people may be interested. I'm going to use the NOS piece as a guide.

I'm looking at fiberglass, Bondo, Combo of the two, Hard plastic, Flexible plastic, etc......Even metal.

#7 9 years ago

Sure....and we are back up to $600 LOL

Talk about bullet proofing a machine!!!

#8 9 years ago

Straight bondo is out. Did a quick mock up earlier and tried it tonight....Cracked fast....as I was pretty sure it would. Trial and error it is. No matter....

I can do it sitting down with little pain, keeps me occupied and I'm having fun because it's pinball related.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha I was thinking more than the game is worth

Quoted from tamoore:

Worth half what the whole game is....

I think it's a great pin. Very underrated like Maverick. Why no love for Sega games?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No love for X-files.

IDK... Seems like Maverick, Apollo 13, Baywatch (I'll give ya that one) and a lot of other Sega games get a bad rap. I know a lot has to do with the HUGE Dmd but not all of them have one.

#20 9 years ago

I have a Twister as well. I like it but not as much as XF

I've never heard Twister referred to as an "A" title, lol, but it is a fun pin

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The crap liceinces (sp) & crap art did not help, that's for sure. But even when they had good ones the machines were just (IMO) inferior to what was out then...by a lot.

I do agree that a majority of the artwork does suck. Not XF or AP13 but Baywatch, Maverick and even Twister could have been done better.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I may have to look into picking up an XF
Twister may not be considered an A game by many, but when I first played it, it was next to a TOTAN and a CC.
Those games were snoozers compared to Twister. So.... if those are considered A titles, then Twister must be!

If you like Twister, you will be very happy with an XF.

#33 9 years ago

I've been thinking about going the 3D printer route.... Steele would be the strongest material but would increase the cost unless you work at or have a machine shop....

I'm leaning toward a semi flexible and forgiving plastic. Not quite rubber but not brittle plastic either. There is always fiberglass too and I have a lot of experience working with it from my days building KITT from Knight Rider replica cars.

I'm just trying to make a good quality mod at a reasonable price. $600 is crazy IMO.

I've been thinking about dropping 2K to 3K for a good 3D printer with a good scanner. Seems like a good tool to have in this hobby.......

opinions?.....

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Some draw this up in CAD and I can maybe make one 3d printed. Just may have to make it without the X.

What do you have for a printer?

#36 9 years ago

Yeah, I have researched them as well. Again...trying to keep the price down for all. Would like to avoid the middle man if at all possible.

One I contacted (print4u) if I recall, can't scan anything and outsources that service. Right there are 2 middle men. They charge $18.00 per cubic inch on top of what I would spend on the scanning service, shipping the toy out plus return shipping. I'd rather do it all in house. I don't want to put my trust in anyone to create or recreate something that I would put my name and rep behind upon selling it to you guys. I'd much rather go the hands on approach and make sure it's perfect before offering it for sale.

I'm sure the people doing 3D printing for a living don't have a clue about the abuse this part must take and be able to stay intact and reliable.

Keep your thoughts and ideas coming and please let me know if I'm over thinking this. Just want to put a quality piece out there for those that need it.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from prostock32:

I'd love to have an Alien Baby printed for my X-files, been looking at my empty Cylinder for 6 months now since I bought it without one there and it drives me crazy. And cant find one anywhere

Maybe a temporary alternative.....

First two if you have a sense of humor, Third one is what is is. Check around the web for baby alien dolls, sculptures etc.....

alf.JPGalf.JPG

ET doll.jpgET doll.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider videorob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-sticker-shock-600-for-new-file-cabinet-for-xfiles?tu=videorob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.