New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 113179)

WoW prices too high on this cl add

By 2Kaulitz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by 2Kaulitz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Wow this guy is priceing machines too high.

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#2 5 years ago

doesn't seem too bad

#3 5 years ago

What's new? He is obviously a retailer.

#4 5 years ago

Ha! $2400 Jungle Lord!!! I sold one for $200 lol

#5 5 years ago

If your going to buy from a retailer your going to buy retail prices.

#6 5 years ago

Definitely a Retailer! Yeah, some are strong prices!

#7 5 years ago

I saw a T2 with bubbling Mylar, plastic chips, dirty playfield and cab fade sell for 4k at an auction this past weekend. I guess if you want something bad enough someone will pay.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

If your going to buy from a retailer your going to buy retail prices.

Some retailers Want you to buy new glass..buy new legs / levelers..outside the price listed..
    as "Highly recommended"

http://www.gameroomguys.com/Games/Used-Pinball-Machines/Used-Bally-Addams-Family-Pinball-Machine.html

#9 5 years ago

I never understand the pinsiders mentality that they need to point out what they feel are over priced pins. It's obnoxious. Some people don't seem to understand how business operate, the costs associated with them and the service that backs up game sales. For the love of God please stop with the price policing, you just sound bitter and jealous. This rant is not directed at any one person here in this thread or on pinside, just a general observation of the site.

#10 5 years ago

No way man. The prices on Avatar and Iron Man are great! I don't say that because I own those...

#11 5 years ago

Yup retail prices suck lol but unless its new game it well be sitting for a long time at them prices.

#12 5 years ago

They are high and I'd never buy from him, but he does offer a warranty and probably delivery and set up. its not for most piinsiders.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

I never understand the pinsiders mentality that they need to point out what they feel are over priced pins. It's obnoxious. Some people don't seem to understand how business operate, the costs associated with them and the service that backs up game sales. For the love of God please stop with the price policing, you just sound bitter and jealous. This rant is not directed at any one person here in this thread or on pinside, just a general observation of the site.

#14 5 years ago

We shall, "join hands and sing 'Kumbaya'" now.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead87:

Ha! $2400 Jungle Lord!!! I sold one for $200 lol

But wait its got LEDs lol

#16 5 years ago

Some people will and should pay for a warranty and service. That doesn't come free.

I've never seen a for-profit business that didn't try and make a profit - just because it's your hobby, doesn't make it wrong.

#17 5 years ago

$7500 for a Creature is way above and beyond your typical retailer mark-up. I get the OPs annoyance.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

$7500 for a Creature is way above and beyond your typical retailer mark-up. I get the OPs annoyance.

I guess I don't understand why it's annoying. If it's overpriced, it won't sell. If it sells, then they made a nice profit.

#19 5 years ago

WOW!

Thanks for posting!

I'm glad that I am now aware of a CL ad with expensive pinball prices.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from tb0ne:

I guess I don't understand why it's annoying. If it's overpriced, it won't sell. If it sells, then they made a nice profit.

Allow me to explain. When retailers constantly spam your local CL with absurd prices it creates a bigger problem. Eventually every Joe Cluless with a pin or two in his garage mistakes these prices for actual value, and next thing you know every pin on your local CL has an absurd price. This has already occurred in the SF Bay Area. What was once a great source of reasonably-priced pins is now a complete waste of time. I only deal with known collectors now.

#21 5 years ago

What was once a great source of reasonably-priced pins is now a complete waste of time. I only deal with known collectors now.

This is certainly NOT the fault of retailers or anybody else who prices games high on CL.

You got bargains on CL "back in the day" because there were fewer people checking it hourly. I got an HUO pinbot for 500 bucks 10 years ago on NYC CL. I got a Creature for 800 bucks. Never in a million years would that happen today - the seller would have gotten 50 emails within 10 minutes and realized they had underpriced it.

There are still deals on CL, but they are for stuff nobody wants: IE classic EM machines or old SS projects. But the "good stuff" is harder than ever to get bargains on because people aren't idiots and will realize quickly that they underpriced their goods. Hard to blame them on that when there are a million people scouring CL for pinballs and blasting out emails instantly.

Getting "annoyed" at high prices on CL is about one of the biggest wastes of time in this hobby. You might as well get upset that the sun came up this morning.

#22 5 years ago

Allow me to explain. When retailers spam your local CL with absurd prices it creates a bigger problem. Eventually every Joe Cluless with a pin or two in his garage mistakes these prices for actual value, and next thing you know every pin on your local CL has an absurd price. This has already occurred in the SF Bay Area. What was once a great source of reasonably-priced pins is now a complete waste of time. I only deal with known collectors now.

I disagree. Pinball is much more popular than it was a 5 years ago. Collectors have bought up a ton of games, leaving less floating out there for sale by non-collectors/pinheads who may not know the value of what they're selling. Reconditioned games, as well as an increase in demand, has caused an increase in prices. Retailers were always there.

Edit: Yeah, what Levi said.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is certainly NOT the fault of retailers or anybody else who prices games high on CL.
    You got bargains on CL "back in the day" because there were fewer people checking it hourly. I got an HUO pinbot for 500 bucks 10 years ago on NYC CL. I got a Creature for 800 bucks. Never in a million years would that happen today - the seller would have gotten 50 emails within 10 minutes and realized they had underpriced it.
    There are still deals on CL, but they are for stuff nobody wants: IE classic EM machines or old SS projects. But the "good stuff" is harder than ever to get bargains on because people aren't idiots and will realize quickly that they underpriced their goods. Hard to blame them on that when there are a million people scouring CL for pinballs and blasting out emails instantly.
    Getting "annoyed" at high prices on CL is about one of the biggest wastes of time in this hobby. You might as well get upset that the sun came up this morning.

I'm not talking about "back in the day" ten years ago, and I'm not talking about pinflation. My local CL has been ruined, just in the last 2-3 years, thanks in no small part to certain retailers. We can agree to disagree.

#24 5 years ago

I don't have a problem with high prices; my problem is with the people who go in and "fluff" these overpriced machines by saying "great price", "buy with confidence" or "he keeps his machines well maintained" etc...

Conversely I DO have a problem with the overpriced machines being "bumped" regularly. The reason why a seller of overpriced machines has to frequently bump their thread is because his machines are OVERPRICED! Rather than bumping you should lower your pin If you hear crickets.

My problem with the above ad is that a business is using craigslist rather than paying for an ad. Get a freaking life. If you are so big of a bottom feeding lowlife that you have to smother craigslist with your crap ads then you shouldn't be in business. Lawyers, doctors, panera, qdoba, Kmart, Macy's... You name a respectable business and they don't advertise on craigslist. I stopped using freecycle because of all the trash that decided to use a really cool website for their own personal want list.

#25 5 years ago

I was going to say something also as I was going threw cl last night and saw this and was blown away by this add . Its just going to make anyone not knowing any better looking to sell a pin around here think they have a pile of gold sitting in their garage or basement.

#26 5 years ago

I thought this was a World of Warcraft thread when i first clicked on it.

#27 5 years ago

Why do any of you people care? If you don't like the price don't buy it. If you don't like how they do business don't do business with them. If you don't like craigslist stop looking at it.

The craigslist argument goes both ways. Yes everything on most craigslist sections are now overpriced, but when it comes time to for you to sell a machine you are now at an advantage. A fairly priced machine surrounded by listings that are overpriced will sell a lot faster. The days of finding these crazy great deals are mostly over. Any idiot can ask there phone to google search what something is worth.

The owner of the machines can ask whatever they want, I don't see how it offends anyone.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from MagicMako:

You heard it here first! World of Warcraft pinball prices too high on Craigslist!

#29 5 years ago

I have a Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout I'm lookin to sell. I'm asking for ten thousand frogskins.

The Bugs Bunny was highly popularized by the amazing voice of Mel Blanc (The called him the man of a thousand voices. The Looney Tunes have been around for generations and would be a welcome addition to any home. Come now and get a piece of history.

#30 5 years ago

My local CL has been ruined, just in the last 2-3 years, thanks in no small part to certain retailers. We can agree to disagree.

This is true... Most of us know this guy..and his spamming of cl

For sale: $%%^&^##pinball*&^**^** Bay City CL
    For sale: *(^^%*&*((pinball)))^%%$* Bay city CL
    ECT

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from MagicMako:

That could be a awesome pin lol

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from keysersoze981:

I have a Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout I'm lookin to sell. I'm asking for ten thousand frogskins.
    The Bugs Bunny was highly popularized by the amazing voice of Mel Blanc (The called him the man of a thousand voices. The Looney Tunes have been around for generations and would be a welcome addition to any home. Come now and get a piece of history.

What about shaq fu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside