Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by fusion301
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0504.JPG
    images.jpeg
    LOTR.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

played 7 games on this last night and i cant understand how this one ranks so high, just wasnt a big fan of it at all.

they also had a Junk Yard and i thouhgt that one was more fun then LOTR

flamesuit on

Personally I think that you *should* be flamed for making an assessment of a game like this based on a whopping 7 plays.

JY is not even in the same league as LOTR.

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

TSPP should be higher than LOTR.

No it shouldn't.

#60 12 years ago

Yes, LOTR has one of the most difficult to reach Wizard Modes in the history of pinball: Valinor. I can understand some criticism of that. I know that I will never see it. So I forget that it is even there.

And that's easy to do, since there are a TON of other achievements to go after. Having owned my LOTR for 4-5 months, 2 nights ago I beat FOTR Multi-ball for the first time! "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"!

There are two more MB modes to beat as well. I've beat TTT a few times, but never RotK.

Destroying the Ring is always a great goal. Achievable but not easy. Love how the machine goes apeshit, similar to the Vacation Jackpot on WH20.

Bottom line: LOTR is a great pin, and there is a reason that it is ranked so high both here at Pinside and at IPDB.

#64 12 years ago

WTF?

So just because my avatar is from LOTR that precludes me from having a valid opinion of the pin?

Yeah, "good one" indeed.

#73 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Let's face it, most of the Top 100, and at least SOME of the next 100 would be great games to own or at least play.

When I originally started looking at this site, I NEVER would have picked a game that wasn't Top 50. That would have precluded me from ever owning W?D (which I really liked) or Congo (which I bought only to auction off next year and now LOVE)

There are a few Top 20 games that I would not have in a collection over some lower 100 games. As someone just said, it's only a guide. A much more precise guide than IPDB ratings IMO, but a guide none the less.

Well said!

#75 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

Just destroyed the ring on my LOTR!! [] Wow this game is great super fun and has great depth. I was'nt crazy at 1st about it yet it grew on me and its one of my favorite pins now!! my highest score is 99mil. and the game I destroyed the ring on was only 76mil. I am a novice played yet love chasing the silver ball.

Congrats!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-played-lotr-last-night-not-sure-how-it-ranks-so-high?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.