(Topic ID: 201149)

WOW!! PinCaddy is a really cool new product!

By Butterflygirl24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fanuminski
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tray mod 1 (resized).png
    thumbnail (resized).jpg
    IMG_3231 (resized).JPG
    corvorado (resized).jpg
    ACDC0805-AE12-40F5-A675-53B0B797ABEE (resized).jpeg
    000-pins2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3050 (resized).JPG
    25giftCertificate224x224 (resized).jpg
    FA6F51FF-8F87-4DEF-9048-AAB7DD4590AA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Agreed, neat idea but way to overpriced for an injection molded piece of plastic. Guess it's gotta be $$$ due to the limited number that could be sold and the cost to set things up.

For the price you can't beat my cookie tray and magnetic cup solution.

Just put a cookie tray across the bottom and pick up a magnetic cup from any local auto store for less than $5. The cookie sheet wont cost you anything as long as your significant other doesn't see you use it for non-cooking purposes

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't agree more. Seems so many here lack that one simple courtesy.....called tact.
    Personally, I think the caddys look really useful. Are they worth the money? I'm sure for many they aren't, but for many, they certainly are. If they aren't for you, just be a little nicer with your comments.

Quoted from patrickvc:

Exactly. Designing a product, building it, marketing it, selling it cost money. Someone designs a tool product specific to pinball in the hopes to help people out and make the hobby better and more than 3/4 posts are negative? Give the product more credit than crapping all over the price. If you don't like the price don't buy it. Good luck Mad Voodoo

Ah, give me a freaking break....

This is a public forum and a product was posted/introduced. So now we aren't allowed to vocalize our opinion on a new product unless it's positive? Or is it only OK to provide our opinion on a product that we don't like if it's Stern? It's not like we posted a thread titled "look at this overpriced piece of plastic".

This isn't some miracle product that makes pinball better. It's a niche product for people that need that special tool for everything when something much cheaper and readily available works nearly as good. When you do your CBA part of that needs to be what the market can absorb as for cost. If it doesn't make sense then you don't produce it. At $20 I'm sure these will sell but at nearly $100 (shipped) it is what it is, an overpriced piece of plastic.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Of course you can vocalize your opinion. Some people just can't do it without coming across as a total DICK!!

Got it. Pinside dictionary entry.

In support = fan boy

Not in support = dick

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from jonpin:

So instead of crapping on it, why can't we say THANK YOU for people investing their money into this amazing hobby keeping it vibrant. We should be encouraging innovation like this.
    If it's not for you, just move on. Personally, I love mine.

Bring a needed product to market at a fair price and I'll say thank you. Bring an over priced piece of plastic to the market and I will call it what it is. We are every bit as entitled to "crap" on a product as you are to "hype" it.

You know what I bought for less than the price of the pincaddy 2 cost? Here it is below. It organizes better, hold more parts/product, is lockable, hell it even has wheels on it for easy transport.

I'm glad you like the product but their are MUCH better option out there that do this for you for even cheaper. All the time working on games and restoring them that I've done I almost never want my tools and parts in the cab like that. Most of the time it gets in the way. Yes, different strokes for different folks but for Pete's sake, quit telling me (and those that don't agree with the cost of the product) we shouldn't be voicing that opinion. My opinion is you wasted your money but I'm glad you are happy with what you got.

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpg

#71 6 years ago

Oh, and before you stand behind the, "why don't you try it" stance. Those Stern target splints that came to market. Yeah, that was my idea. I worked with the vendor to finalize the design, cost and distribution. I've been there and done that so I know full well what it takes. And to keep things fair, it was my idea and I still say they are a great product but I also say they are overpriced when talking with people now that the cost of them has gone up significantly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-pincaddy-is-a-really-cool-new-product?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.