(Topic ID: 201149)

WOW!! PinCaddy is a really cool new product!

By Butterflygirl24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fanuminski
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tray mod 1 (resized).png
    thumbnail (resized).jpg
    IMG_3231 (resized).JPG
    corvorado (resized).jpg
    ACDC0805-AE12-40F5-A675-53B0B797ABEE (resized).jpeg
    000-pins2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3050 (resized).JPG
    25giftCertificate224x224 (resized).jpg
    FA6F51FF-8F87-4DEF-9048-AAB7DD4590AA (resized).jpeg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Has anyone else seen these new PinCaddy trays!! I'm super surprised that no one has come up with these before now but now that they have...They Rock!!
    These trays were designed for us pinheads for working on pinball machines and have everything we need. I bought the Combo Deal and I couldn’t be happier. No more searching for lost screws in my carpet or leaving my tools in the bottom cabinet of a game (buying another cause you can't find it!!) I also use PinCaddy to sit down in the middle of my PF...cause who hasn't been working on a pin and set a towel down on the PF and then set screws or bulbs or any other small part on the towel...then bumped it and sent these tiny pieces rolling under plastics or down through holes in the PF or down into the trough, then having to move said towel and everything else to lift the PF and find the missing parts...PinCaddy works for this with no more searching for missing parts. They're all right there in the Caddy where you left them!
    The PinCaddy2 is awesome as well...it works when you are working under the PF, it snaps onto the side rails and locks in place...it even holds my Hakko soldering station with no worries! It even has a soldering iron holder.
    Awesome idea!!! I don't know why someone didn't come up with this years ago!!! Would've saved alot of aggravation and wasted time searching for those parts that have slipped off the PF glass or down into the cabinet...
    Even Ed Robertson from the Barenaked Ladies uses the PinCaddy and they have his review on the site too, as well as Brett Davis from XPin.

Lots of pictures on the web site but the videos are what sold me.

Turn on your speakers

PinCaddy video: http://madvoodoo.com/#/twoPane/product/1

PinCaddy2 video: http://madvoodoo.com/#/twoPane/product/5

Check it out: http://madvoodoo.com

Phoebe

#2 6 years ago

Wooohoooo, a plastic box for ~60$. What a deal

Not overly impressed ... and you have no relation to them?

#3 6 years ago

That's a cool idea but too rich for me.
    -Mike

#4 6 years ago

Agreed, neat idea but way to overpriced for an injection molded piece of plastic. Guess it's gotta be $$$ due to the limited number that could be sold and the cost to set things up.

For the price you can't beat my cookie tray and magnetic cup solution.

Just put a cookie tray across the bottom and pick up a magnetic cup from any local auto store for less than $5. The cookie sheet wont cost you anything as long as your significant other doesn't see you use it for non-cooking purposes

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Galaga:

Wooohoooo, a plastic box for ~60$. What a deal
    Not overly impressed ... and you have no relation to them?

Nothing against original poster, but the only thing missing was
    "Call now and we will send you 2 pincaddy's for the price of 1"

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Agreed, neat idea but way to overpriced for an injection molded piece of plastic.

I think it's actually vacuum formed, but yes, still basically a 1-step manufacture, 1 item BoM.

Quoted from Arcade:

Nothing against original poster, but the only thing missing was
    "Call now and we will send you 2 pincaddy's for the price of 1"

... and said by [image removed]

#7 6 years ago

I bought a set and have been using them in my recent repairs and restorations. They have been very helpful in keeping my unorganized habits organized. I like the trays like the pincaddy 2 for working while I have the playfield raised for repairs and I like that my Hakko solder Station fits right in the tray. It is also nice for bulb swaps to leds. It keeps my small parts like screws and brackets organized while I service the game. I will use the pin Caddy in tandem on a game next to the one I'm working on to hold my tools. The Pincaddy 2 also works well on top of the glass just like the Pin Caddy. So that's 2 storage organizers working together. I'm happy with the product and look forward to using them for as long as I'm in the hobby. I posted a review of the product on the website if you'd like to check it out. Before you ask, no these are not mine I'm trying to sell I'm just a happy customer trying to promote a great product no different than promoting a great game. Thumbs up Pin Caddy. Thanks for a great product.

#8 6 years ago

Holy crap...pincaddy 2 is over $75 plus shipping

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Holy crap...pincaddy 2 is over $75 plus shipping

I am sure designing it and finding a manufacturer for a niche product is not exactly cheap. And then to turn a little bit of profit for the effort...

#10 6 years ago

Exactly. Designing a product, building it, marketing it, selling it cost money. Someone designs a tool product specific to pinball in the hopes to help people out and make the hobby better and more than 3/4 posts are negative? Give the product more credit than crapping all over the price. If you don't like the price don't buy it. Good luck Mad Voodoo

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Exactly. Designing a product, building it, marketing it, selling it cost money. Someone designs a tool product specific to pinball in the hopes to help people out and make the hobby better and more than 3/4 posts are negative? Give the product more credit than crapping all over the price. If you don't like the price don't buy it. Good luck Mad Voodoo

I couldn't agree more. Seems so many here lack that one simple courtesy.....called tact.

Personally, I think the caddys look really useful. Are they worth the money? I'm sure for many they aren't, but for many, they certainly are. If they aren't for you, just be a little nicer with your comments.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from patrickvc:

Definitely. I know this is a hobby world, but what would you do in this situation from a business perspective?

* You just invented something that didn't exist before
    * Your invention fills a legitimate need
    * You have a small audience
    * Your audience has lots of money

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I couldn't agree more. Seems so many here lack that one simple courtesy.....called tact.
    Personally, I think the caddys look really useful. Are they worth the money? I'm sure for many they aren't, but for many, they certainly are. If they aren't for you, just be a little nicer with your comments.

It's Pinside, where you attack respected members of the community the second they don't comply with your immediate needs and wants. I think assholes is the word you were looking for.

#14 6 years ago

I think you basically paying for the cheesy videos and the website. All of that is a waste of money. Products like this you do a run and sell them quick. It's a tray, every pinball website will have one in a month for a fraction of the price. Make your product sell it out and walk away.

#15 6 years ago

My pincaddy...

FA6F51FF-8F87-4DEF-9048-AAB7DD4590AA (resized).jpegFA6F51FF-8F87-4DEF-9048-AAB7DD4590AA (resized).jpeg

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

My pincaddy...

Most of my machines came with a pincaddy. AKA, cashbox.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The funny thing is, I bet half the people moaning about the $60 spent triple that on some pointless mod to glam up their Twilight Zone ...

rd

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aeolus7:

* You just invented something that didn't exist before

It's a tray with a fin.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

It's Pinside, where you attack respected members of the community the second they don't comply with your immediate needs and wants. I think assholes is the word you were looking for.

But he is tact, so you wouldn't hear that.

#20 6 years ago

So its ok to bash the price of NIB games, but taboo to point out an overpriced piece of plastic?
    Sorry, I guess I'm still learning the rules here...

#22 6 years ago

Check our their selection of apron cards for sale... Yeah, no thanks. Just based on that alone I don't think I'd buy any product this company sells.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from andre060:

Check our their selection of apron cards for sale... Yeah, no thanks. Just based on that alone I don't think I'd buy any product this company sells.

Fish tales isnt bad...
    I dont know what to say about the adult taxi cards...who buys those?
    http://madvoodoo.com/#/twoPane/product/100
    Click i agree

NSFW

#25 6 years ago

Judging from the amount of exclamation points and smiley faces used in the original post, I'd say this is the must-have product of the millennium...

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I dont know what to say about the adult taxi cards...who buys those?

*shivers* Yikes. I have no idea, but I hope I never meet them!

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

So its ok to bash the price of NIB games, but taboo to point out an overpriced piece of plastic?
    Sorry, I guess I'm still learning the rules here...

I think it's funny that we participate in a hobby where a NIB now is $5000+ (and a MetPro was $4200-$4400 just a quick 4 years ago), yet $60 for something is just crossing the line.

Some people prolly have Fisher Price action figures with an LED that alligator clips to the leads of a bulb in their games that cost more money....

I'll call it out whether is a overpriced LED to an overpriced NIB. That being said, while I would deal with an alternative to the product originally mentioned, some people could be a bit more tactful with their displeasure (not directed at you, cos).

#28 6 years ago

I think part of the 'uproar' is that the original post is just a poorly-disguised ad. (Because someone - maybe the same person? posted the same thing to RGP.) If it was more straight-forward, I wouldn't be surprised it the feedback was less caustic, and more helpful.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

My pincaddy...

Great idea - I'll steal this "whatever the name is" from my wife!

Oh, and madvoodoo also sells instruction cards!!! Another awesome idea, here's a company I'll buy some stocks as soon as they go public, which will not take long!

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I think it's funny that we participate in a hobby where a NIB now is $5000+ (and a MetPro was $4200-$4400 just a quick 4 years ago), yet $60 for something is just crossing the line.

This has nothing to do with the price of a NIB pin, and there is nothing wrong with a $60 (or $260) item, as long as the value is there.

However when you can buy the equivalent item from Amazon (or many other vendors) for $8 (or even less in larger quantities) the value is NOT there.......

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Regeneration-9-Section-Organizer-45706/dp/B001B0DG0Y/ref=sr_1_26

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

However when you can buy the equivalent item from Amazon (or many other vendors) for $8 (or even less in larger quantities) the value is NOT there.......
    amazon.com link »

I suppose that's relative.

I can buy $10 sunglasses from a gas station that block the same UV rays as a $500 pair of Oakleys. Both products do the same thing, yet people gladly shell out dat ca$h. Might be name recognition. Might be because that's what they've always worn. Either way, it's not always value.

I do see your point though.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

The price of an object is independent of its value for that price. It is perfectly reasonable for one to think a pinball machine is worth $5000, but a molded piece of plastic is not worth $60.

If I want to play Metallica in my house, I need to buy a machine, or make do with alternatives such as the 'pinball arcade' program. In this case, I value the real game enough to pay for it.

If I want a caddy to hold parts while working on games, I can spend $70 on a pincaddy2, or make do with alternatives such as a nearby table (free), my toolbox (free), or a cupcake tin ($3). In this case, I do not feel the caddy is worth anywhere near what they are asking.

Then there is the issue of not wanting to do business with a company that sells "setz" of "pincardz" and other "dealz" on items..

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Now, I don't know Mr. Kelly personally, but based on the reputation that precedes him when he is calling for tact you know you may want to pull it back a bit!

#34 6 years ago

I'm sorry but that first post is written as if it's a real person who just discovered an amazing product and alerting everyone here while in actuality anyone can see it's clearly an ad. No one would write it up like that if they weren't either bring paid or know someone in that company. Don't bs me. That's putting people off or atleast it's putting me off.

#35 6 years ago

The coin tray works fine for me in my HUO environment.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Apex:

Now, I don't know Mr. Kelly personally, but based on the reputation that precedes him when he is calling for tact you know you may want to pull it back a bit!

Lol! So true!

#37 6 years ago

Is the LE version compatible with widebody pins?

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Davi:

Is the LE version compatible with widebody pins?

No! It's an extra $69.99 for wide body machines.

#39 6 years ago

Not sure I understand the idea? It locks to the bar and glass for use?? If you are replacing bulbs, parts, screws, Everything, wouldn't the glass be OFF? Might be a cool idea if it extended to the glass Rails so it could be slide up and down the playfield while stripping parts or servicing instead of setting tools on the playfield? What do you service with the glass on and your tools on the glass? The coin door?

Better yet!! Make the tray the SAME width as a standard playfield glass and use the glass channels to support AND guide for the caddy! Now you would have my interest!!!!

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I understand the idea? It locks to the bar and glass for use?? If you are replacing bulbs, parts, screws, Everything, wouldn't the glass be OFF? Might be a cool idea if it extended to the glass Rails so it could be slide up and down the playfield while stripping parts or servicing instead of setting tools on the playfield? What do you service with the glass on and your tools on the glass? The coin door?

Lol they said to pUT it on the machine beside the one you are working on. Now, what if you only have one game.....now what?

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

If I want a caddy to hold parts while working on games, I can spend $70 on a pincaddy2, or make do with alternatives such as a nearby table (free), my toolbox (free), or a cupcake tin ($3).

Ahem...$93 on a pincaddy 2.

I see pincaddy 3 is in the works though, so one can dream.

25giftCertificate224x224 (resized).jpg25giftCertificate224x224 (resized).jpg

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Quoted from patrickvc:

Ah, give me a freaking break....

This is a public forum and a product was posted/introduced. So now we aren't allowed to vocalize our opinion on a new product unless it's positive? Or is it only OK to provide our opinion on a product that we don't like if it's Stern? It's not like we posted a thread titled "look at this overpriced piece of plastic".

This isn't some miracle product that makes pinball better. It's a niche product for people that need that special tool for everything when something much cheaper and readily available works nearly as good. When you do your CBA part of that needs to be what the market can absorb as for cost. If it doesn't make sense then you don't produce it. At $20 I'm sure these will sell but at nearly $100 (shipped) it is what it is, an overpriced piece of plastic.

#43 6 years ago

Can I call this a life "hack"...? (*frantically writes editors at Yahoo to check*)

IMG_3050 (resized).JPGIMG_3050 (resized).JPG

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Can I call this a life "hack"...?

Interested. Sending you a PM, please add me to the list!

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Ah, give me a freaking break....
    This is a public forum and a product was posted/introduced. So now we aren't allowed to vocalize our opinion on a new product unless it's positive? Or is it only OK to provide our opinion on a product that we don't like if it's Stern? It's not like we posted a thread titled "look at this overpriced piece of plastic".

Of course you can vocalize your opinion. Some people just can't do it without coming across as a total DICK!!

#46 6 years ago

My only issue with this thread is taking an advertisement and pretending it's a pinsider promoting a product they like. It's disingenuous and a pretty crappy thing to do. Post this on the Pinside Marketplace throwing some money Pinside's way and nobody would be complaining (okay, a few people would still be complaining. That's just the internet).

It's a pretty specialized product for a niche market, I understand the price. Many people already have preferred boxes/treys. Many might find this useful. Many might opt for a $6 muffin tin. Nothing wrong with having an additional option on the market... but if you're using this forum to promote something you're making money off of, at least be upfront about it.

#47 6 years ago

I think it's a pretty cool way to dump all those nuts and screws on the floor at the same time.

#48 6 years ago

It must have been a Constantino Mitchell art package.

Yoko2una captured its essence perfectly, though.

000-pins2 (resized).jpg000-pins2 (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Of course you can vocalize your opinion. Some people just can't do it without coming across as a total DICK!!

Got it. Pinside dictionary entry.

In support = fan boy

Not in support = dick

#50 6 years ago

People with money on Pinside work on their own games?

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-pincaddy-is-a-really-cool-new-product?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.