(Topic ID: 201149)

WOW!! PinCaddy is a really cool new product!

By Butterflygirl24

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fanuminski
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tray mod 1 (resized).png
    thumbnail (resized).jpg
    IMG_3231 (resized).JPG
    corvorado (resized).jpg
    ACDC0805-AE12-40F5-A675-53B0B797ABEE (resized).jpeg
    000-pins2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3050 (resized).JPG
    25giftCertificate224x224 (resized).jpg
    FA6F51FF-8F87-4DEF-9048-AAB7DD4590AA (resized).jpeg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

You know you can buy muffin trays and draw organizers at the dollar store for.............. Well a dollar.

#52 6 years ago

So, its legal for the site to sell those PinCardz with licensed properties?

#53 6 years ago

Definitely a niche product, but an interesting one. I actually think it would be pretty handy to have a Pincaddy 2 in a repair shop or barcade with parallel machines. Would be easy to pick up, drop in, and start working across the games or easily share common tools/parts between techs. Might even catch a falling screw or two on the way down?

I have one of those Hakko soldering stations. It's nice that it fits in there & makes it a bit more portable. Hmmmmmm... might actually spring for one for a nearby shop I moonlight for.

#54 6 years ago

Use a bathtub tray/caddy. Drink wine, watch a movie read a book, solder.

ACDC0805-AE12-40F5-A675-53B0B797ABEE (resized).jpegACDC0805-AE12-40F5-A675-53B0B797ABEE (resized).jpeg

#55 6 years ago

Even the title for this thread is repulsive.

It's going to be a Pincaddy Christmas at my house this year!! All 5 of us will be getting 1. Best $500 I've ever spent!

#56 6 years ago

I have 4 machines to restore and while I think the product is a bit expensive, I think it will definitely help me. I usually do most of my work in a room with multiple pins around and I am always balancing tools on them. The older EMs work a lot better than Sys-11 or WPC games and I think this product will help. I know I'll use it a lot more than some other tools I've bought so I'm willing to support a new innovator trying to make a living. I'll report on it when it arrives.

#57 6 years ago

Op never came back? I didn’t make it thru the initial post and started reading responses instead. Then back to original post and ...yeah pretty much written up as a total infomercial ad for the product including title as has been pointed out. Bleh. Is OP affiliated with product?

Not a fan of being a dick about a new product, but I’d agree that one could make such a device for much less if one were so inclined. Some of us are, some aren’t. That’s fine either way, it is what it is. Same with many lighted mods and other pin stuff.

#58 6 years ago

The initial poster is a highly respected member of the pinball community and has been restoring games for at least 15 years. I’m not sure why there’s so much negativity to people who are clearly helping a friend start a business. I ran into this with other products I’ve introduced for friends. There’s always people who say “they could make it cheaper”. And maybe they could if they are willing to put up a lot of money to manufacture in large quantities. But if you’re just starting out, that’s a different story. What if you can’t sell the large quantities? There’s no need to be negative. This hobby is suppose to be fun!

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

The initial poster is a highly respected member of the pinball community and has been restoring games for at least 15 years. I’m not sure why there’s so much negativity to people who are clearly helping a friend start a business. I ran into this with other products I’ve introduced for friends. There’s always people who say “they could make it cheaper”. And maybe they could if they are willing to put up a lot of money to manufacture in large quantities. But if you’re just starting out, that’s a different story. What if you can’t sell the large quantities? There’s no need to be negative. This hobby is suppose to be fun!

Perhaps then the OP should have been more forthcoming with the purpose of this post, not trying to disguise it as discovering the greatest thing since sliced bread. I would have never posted my first comment in this thread if it was presented as a friend promoting a friends product. It seemed to be a genuine "look what I found " thread so I commented accordingly...
    According to site rules shouldnt an ad have been placed, not a thread started?

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's a tray with a fin.

Haha, don't forget pin-friendly compartments. I stand by what I said, new invention.

#61 6 years ago

I think the one that snaps over the rails is pretty cool and a good idea. Never a great place to set an iron or tools when working on games, and this solves that problem. Maybe it's not worth the money, but very few things in pinball ever is.

I have no problem with the way the product was announced on here. If Robin has an issue with it from a monetary standpoint, he'll address it I'm sure.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Perhaps then the OP should have been more forthcoming with the purpose of this post, not trying to disguise it as discovering the greatest thing since sliced bread. I would have never posted my first comment in this thread if it was presented as a friend promoting a friends product. It seemed to be a genuine "look what I found " thread so I commented accordingly...
    According to site rules shouldnt an ad have been placed, not a thread started?

Exactly. Well said.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

So, its legal for the site to sell those PinCardz with licensed properties?

Shhhh nobody tell Rick

#65 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure Pincardz are from Stu at CPR.

#66 6 years ago

A pin caddy to go along with your pimped caddy.

corvorado (resized).jpgcorvorado (resized).jpg

#67 6 years ago

Full disclosure... I bought a Pincaddy set and being one of the first I was asked for a review, and yes it's on their site. I have included a pic of the game I last used it on, installing LEDs and soldering in EOS switches on a game I just sold.

I have been in the hobby for many years and restored machines both professionally and for personal use. Personally, I have made 2 different trays and a friend made me another one a few years ago. They all did the same thing as this tool, but not nearly as well. I am a tool guy, when something makes sense and makes my life easier, I buy it. Yeah, my tray was way cheaper, but I got rid of it now. Not going back.

I have NO complaints on the price. Many of the plastic vacuum formed ramps are well over $100 and yet we still buy them. I recently tried to have a topper made for a game that is in desperate need in the market. It was a simple one piece vacuum formed plastic piece that then needed to be cut out. How expensive could that be, right? From a local vendor that sat down with me and walked me through the steps needed to make this from scratch, I soon found out that a minimum 100 piece order was going to cost me close to $20,000 including the tooling. Yeah, I'm not going to have that made...

I don't know how much the guy has into this product, but I can only imagine that is was not cheap. So instead of crapping on it, why can't we say THANK YOU for people investing their money into this amazing hobby keeping it vibrant. We should be encouraging innovation like this.

If it's not for you, just move on. Personally, I love mine.

IMG_3231 (resized).JPGIMG_3231 (resized).JPG

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from jonpin:

Many of the plastic vacuum formed ramps are well over $100 and yet we still buy them.

That's because you can't buy something that works just as good at the dollar store.

#69 6 years ago

I'm glad most people here are keen enough to see a rip off. Even if you think its a good idea (which I admit, it is) I don't know how you can be enjoying being bent over a barrel like this. Even if you have the cash to blow. Maybe if you've convinced yourself that your false equivalence argument is true.

at $25 dollars I'd still think it was pricey, but I'd still probably buy one, maybe 2 even though theres plenty of cheaper options out there. $60+ is a slap to the face, and what a sheisty way to advertise the product as well. At least donate if you're going to advertise.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from jonpin:

So instead of crapping on it, why can't we say THANK YOU for people investing their money into this amazing hobby keeping it vibrant. We should be encouraging innovation like this.
    If it's not for you, just move on. Personally, I love mine.

Bring a needed product to market at a fair price and I'll say thank you. Bring an over priced piece of plastic to the market and I will call it what it is. We are every bit as entitled to "crap" on a product as you are to "hype" it.

You know what I bought for less than the price of the pincaddy 2 cost? Here it is below. It organizes better, hold more parts/product, is lockable, hell it even has wheels on it for easy transport.

I'm glad you like the product but their are MUCH better option out there that do this for you for even cheaper. All the time working on games and restoring them that I've done I almost never want my tools and parts in the cab like that. Most of the time it gets in the way. Yes, different strokes for different folks but for Pete's sake, quit telling me (and those that don't agree with the cost of the product) we shouldn't be voicing that opinion. My opinion is you wasted your money but I'm glad you are happy with what you got.

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpg

#71 6 years ago

Oh, and before you stand behind the, "why don't you try it" stance. Those Stern target splints that came to market. Yeah, that was my idea. I worked with the vendor to finalize the design, cost and distribution. I've been there and done that so I know full well what it takes. And to keep things fair, it was my idea and I still say they are a great product but I also say they are overpriced when talking with people now that the cost of them has gone up significantly.

#72 6 years ago

I like that the OP started this thread. It gave me (and others) some great alternative ideas.
    Like yoko2una's "life hack" . I've shamelessly copied his idea
    and modded it - but it did add $10 to the cost

tray mod 1 (resized).pngtray mod 1 (resized).png

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-pincaddy-is-a-really-cool-new-product/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.