You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Help me decide it's fate”

• Donate to C&W museum 6 votes
    60%
  • Pimp it out - LEDs & Mods 4 votes
    40%

(Multiple choice - 10 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG

#1 5 years ago

It seems HUO is often overused and often mis-applied. I'm glad to report this example is truly HUO. Honestly, in it's 21 years of existence, I'm thinking the playfield glass may never have been off this machine! Gotta love that "made in the USA" sticker. Goodie bags there and complete.

Yes, does have some red fade on front and left sides (damn sunshine!).

Had 1 switch error; right ramp entrance switch was mis-adjusted, causing the diverter to never fire, hence right ramp loop exit switch never triggered.

Fish wear? What is all this talk I hear about Fish Wear? (jk...)

Enjoy some pics

IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0190.JPG IMG_0191.JPG IMG_0192.JPG IMG_0193.JPG IMG_0194.JPG IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0197.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0186.JPG IMG_0187.JPG
#2 5 years ago

Wow. That literally looks like its brand new hahah. Very nice!

#3 5 years ago

Road Show is a awesome game

Maybe JJP and Pat will surprise us

Looks Great !

#4 5 years ago

Wow! Where did you find such a beauty? Never thought there are still HUO RS out there...

#5 5 years ago

Yeah - details please ... Those of us drooling are curious too.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah - details please ... Those of us drooling are curious too.

Lets just say lucky craigslist find. Saw it as a new posting late sunday evening....figured 'what the heck' and responded (as usual) that I'd take it, no questions asked. Was loading it up by noon the next day.

Seller purchased it new and knew it's current value, so it was not a screaming deal. Given the rare opportunity to buy a HUO machine, I happily paid the asking price. I'm pretty certain (100%) I could resell it for the same price, so it was a minimal risk purchase. Still need to convince the wife the same.

It is as amazing in person as it looks in the pics. Really a neat feeling playing such a clean and tight - but 21 year old - machine.

#7 5 years ago

Nice story! You should really post more and higher res pics! It's really a rare occasion!

And always the wife thing. Heard that a lot!

#8 5 years ago

And there was $0.50 in the coin box! Guess I can't say it never had a coin thru the slot.

The coinbox has the stainless dividers still sitting in the bottom of the box...never seen those before.

Also does not have holes for a lock bar. Was RS made in an era when they didn't come as a default?

Will take some higher res pics - did not know the camera was at a low res setting.

Are the rubber pads on Ted's dozer blade supposed to be full yellow, or do they have a black stripe down the middle?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from kahlerm:

And there was $0.50 in the coin box! Guess I can't say it never had a coin thru the slot.
The coinbox has the stainless dividers still sitting in the bottom of the box...never seen those before.
Also does not have holes for a lock bar. Was RS made in an era when they didn't come as a default?
Will take some higher res pics - did not know the camera was at a low res setting.
Are the rubber pads on Ted's dozer blade supposed to be full yellow, or do they have a black stripe down the middle?

They came from the factory without lock bar holes. Original rubber pads on dozer blade are yellow. That black stripe is dirt.

#10 5 years ago

nice, I never found nothing on craigslist. just a lot of mame arcade machines by me. congrats!

#11 5 years ago

What's this!?? A HUO pin with coin mechs!!

Congrats on your new pin.. Very nice

#12 5 years ago

Very clean game for sure. HUO doubt it.

#13 5 years ago

Nice. My TZ still has it's 'Bally Made in USA' sticker as well.

#14 5 years ago

Congrats. Great game.

#15 5 years ago

Nice score. Enjoy it!

I'm not a LED guy, but if LEDs help you enjoy it, go ahead - they are reversible

#16 5 years ago

Very nice hardly any wear at scoop .looks like red and reds eyes may need fixed? probably teds eye shut plunger broken like most .

#17 5 years ago

Great find. I cannot believe how minty it looks. Once you clean it up, it will look brand new. Congrats!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Nice score. Enjoy it!
I'm not a LED guy, but if LEDs help you enjoy it, go ahead - they are reversible

Nyah - the poll options were intended to be silly and meaningless. Except I hit enter by mistake and my post submitted, before I could complete the poll. Other options were to be "shrinkwrap it and put in storage" or "leave as-is".

There's enough LED's in it for me...i.e., on the backbox boards & the "Bridge Out" signs.

I probably will get a scoop protector - again, reversible.

Haven't noticed the ROM revision yet....but likely will be ordering the latest!

#19 5 years ago

Great looking game. I just picked up a roadshow in the same condition as yours. Lots of fun. Love it

#20 5 years ago

Nice score. I saw this on Craiglist the other day and before I knew it the ad had been changed to *SOLD*. I'm glad it's in as great of shape as I thought it would be.

#21 5 years ago

I heard this is the next remake

Just kidding. Game looks nice, congrats!

#22 5 years ago

I just picked up a HUO jackbot, or at least that's how it was represented. Managed some price negotiation after driving 300 Km's to see this home use unit has a bill validator and a sticker from Toms arcade (or something like that) on the side. HUO on older pins is a rarity indeed.

#23 5 years ago

Looks beautiful except the faded front. Great game. One of my favorites!

#24 5 years ago

Hey I have a HUO Roadshow too, complete with playfield glass sticker and fortunately zero fade. However I am jealous of your virgin goody bags.

Wait, that sounded gay.

Mine isn't gong anywhere any time soon. My wife and daughter would shoot me.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from kahlerm:

Haven't noticed the ROM revision yet....but likely will be ordering the latest!

Your version is LA-4, the latest is L-6 .It is worth adding, because it includes eye coils protection from overheating and settings for shaker motor (NORMAL, SOFT, and OFF).
And also congrats on this really nice RS.

#26 5 years ago

That ad is still up on CL.I saw it early Sunday but having owned RS before wasn't really interested.Looks nice though.

#27 5 years ago

shame that even in HUO environment the aprons on these always seem to have rust bubbles.
They must have been trying new paint formulas at that era?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

shame that even in HUO environment the aprons on these always seem to have rust bubbles.
They must have been trying new paint formulas at that era?

Nope, something wrong happened with the RS aprons...same paint as always.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Are there decals available to allow repainting the apron ?

#30 5 years ago

Awesome!

Now, just have to get white rubber back on it and maybe a Color DMD. They did a great job on the colorization.

It's a great game. Enjoy!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Possibly a difference in the raw condition or preparation of the metal prior to paint. Like those mid-80's GMs with light blue paint that simply fell off. Except in the GM situation, there was a class-action lawsuit.

#32 5 years ago

Number of roadshows up on clist in the last year for similar prices but none looked like that one. If my wife wouldn't have killed me I would have jumped on that one as well. No problems reselling at that price I'm sure nice score! I told my wife the same thing when I picked up TAF though ha ha. Never know for sure until you put it on the market.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside