Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Patofnaud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-alien.jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Seriously? Damn...

newjersey.craigslist.org link

"Pinball divorce $ale... - $1 (NYC)

Happy Mommy's Day to me! My sb cheating hubby luved his pinballs more than me so while he's away with his mistress Im having a secret sale. I dont know what they are worth so make me an offer for each or for the whole sha bang.

These are what they read:

Theatre of Magic Wizard of Oz (his favorite) Monster Bash Scared Stiff Circus Voltaire Tale of Arabian Nights Addams Family Twilight Zone Joust

I want these out before he gets back!

#2 10 years ago

Fake ad? Can't we count the people who have a WoZ on one hand?

#3 10 years ago

*shows up for "divorce $ale", ends up getting knocked out and wakes up in an ice filled bathtub sans a kidney

#4 10 years ago

This is a forward of a CL troll post. No one has time for a mistress with all those pins.....WOZ...ummm

#5 10 years ago

Obvious troll post, and I thought only Colorado had the pinball trolls.

#6 10 years ago

I call totally false. Nobody that bought those pins recently would be able to afford a mistress.

Not to mention the WOZ. Unless Alex got more pins and then pissed off the wife, lol. (Kidding of course.)

#7 10 years ago

Probably fake... Who knows though? Amusing read at the very least.

#8 10 years ago

Maybe that's why there are no good videos posted from the guy who go the first domestic WOZ?!?! Tin-foil hat is in full effect!

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

*shows up for "divorce $ale", ends up getting knocked out and wakes up in an ice filled bathtub sans a kidney

Hahaha

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I call totally false. Nobody that bought those pins recently would be able to afford a mistress.
    Not to mention the WOZ. Unless Alex got more pins and then pissed off the wife, lol. (Kidding of course.)

Your not the mistress and those pins weren't purchased to keep you happy were they?

#11 10 years ago

Sounds like someone didnt get their special dinner day and might be testing the reaction to what the ad brings.

April fools seems a little late but maybe the ad placer is on a bender.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Your not the mistress and those pins weren't purchased to keep you happy were they?

He he, no. Although I have determined that if/when I kill off my husband, I will look for hubby #2 at the big pinball expos. Lol. (Still kidding, not planning to kill off husband anytime soon.)

#13 10 years ago

This one seems too obviously fake, but I guess this does serve as a reminder this does happen for real from time to time...

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

He he, no. Although I have determined that if/when I kill off my husband, I will look for hubby #2 at the big pinball expos. Lol. (Still kidding, not planning to kill off husband anytime soon.)

make sure you pick one of the guys who knows what a shower is

#15 10 years ago

Just got back from NYC with a beautiful Monster Bash! Only one machine left....Story is true, woman is pissed! AND on the way out she game me one of his Rolex watches!...then it happened!...I woke up!

#16 10 years ago

i submitted an offer. hoping it includes free delivery

#17 10 years ago

listed all over CL now. Philly, central NJ, N NJ, etc. Definite scam

#18 10 years ago

It's a scam
    Woz gives it away for sure

longisland.craigslist.org link

I thought you were going to say on the way out she have me o-al
    That would be more believable

#19 10 years ago

I'm not saying,,

im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-alien.jpgim-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-alien.jpg

#20 10 years ago

Sketchy right off the bat, but still a funny read. Although you have to wonder why some one would actually post an ad like that. Must be some sort of mental deficiency... Haha

#21 10 years ago

WOZ and joust, what are the odds that the same guy has both of those pins...none.

#22 10 years ago

its totally fake, i offered $20k anyway, the best score I ever had was from an ad that looked fake

#23 10 years ago

I have seen the same post for years.. literally for years that posting has been listed. Its nearly identical and repeats every so often. I think its someone trolling for pinball email addresses.

#24 10 years ago

Surprised the ad is still up. They've probably received 28,472 emails for the pins and 43,617 propositions for "get even sex".

#25 10 years ago

This ad appears about once a month on various online classifieds, word for word The pinball names seem to change though.

#26 10 years ago

Dont Go!!! Its a trap, she drugs you and then has her way with you. I managed to escape and snapped a pic with my phone.

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#27 10 years ago

Hey!
    Those are my pins!
    We agreed in the divorce settlement that they would go for $2 each.
    I got to keep the Tron!
    That bitch! She fooled around on me and I can't figure out why. She said that I looked big in my Tron suit. What do you think?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#28 10 years ago

really....^^

why?

Im now scared and will have to go back to the blondetail thread to erase that image..

Would you guys do it? Buy a bunch of pins from a troubled wife for penny's on the dollar...?

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

really....^^
    Would you guys do it? Buy a bunch of pins from a troubled wife for penny's on the dollar...?

Every person on this forum would. 95% of members would post to brag about it. The other 5% would wait a while and then just call it a regular deal.

#30 10 years ago

I bought a pin in a situation like this once. The guy showed up at my house a few hours later. It was a mess. He wanted to fight me until i advised him that was not a wise call on his behalf. I ended up giving him the pin back and he gave me the money his wife took from me.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

LOL not I. Nice collection though

the WoZ is what makes it even more Odd. Not sure how many have been brought to NJ folks but it doesn't match any collections i'm aware of.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I bought a pin in a situation like this once. The guy showed up at my house a few hours later. It was a mess. He wanted to fight me until i advised him that was not a wise call on his behalf. I ended up giving him the pin back and he gave me the money his wife took from me.

I had a newly separated but not yet ex-wife offer up some pins/vids like this. I passed because this is exactly the situation I did NOT want to get in the middle of. All I need is some drunken biker dude and his friends roll up my driveway at 2am look for his stuff back.

#33 10 years ago

I have never once bought anything from someone I didn't know and then told the person my address? How do they find you?

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from brad808:

I have never once bought anything from someone I didn't know and then told the person my address? How do they find you?

Bill of sale.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

What did you almost get and how much did you almost pay? Trying to gauge how pissed the wife was when she sold it. I gathered enough intel to determine husband's mood. Why did you provide your address? This has the makings of a good story.

#36 10 years ago

wow with all the pins I have bought never have I thought about a Bill of sale.......

#37 10 years ago

Why would there be a bill of sale in this transaction? There's no warranty and it's not a controlled item.

Only way I could think of to get the address would be paying by check.

#38 10 years ago

Or as in my case, the person bought from you before...

#39 10 years ago

I remember someone getting a $2,000 MM out of one of these deals. Poor guy who lost it.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

wow with all the pins I have bought never have I thought about a Bill of sale.......

I have had a few different situations where people requested one and here were the reasons:

- Person was super old school and wanted "proof" of our deal so I whipped up a few sentences in ms word (print / sign / done)

- The other situation was when I was buying a pinball and they were delivering it. The seller brought multiple copies with them already filled out because they needed to show where the money came from for financing their house purchase.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I have had a few different situations where people requested one and here were the reasons:
    - Person was super old school and wanted "proof" of our deal so I whipped up a few sentences in ms word (print / sign / done)
    - The other situation was when I was buying a pinball and they were delivering it. The seller brought multiple copies with them already filled out because they needed to show where the money came from for financing their house purchase.

buying a house does suck, hell refi sucks as well, they pry into your every finacial situation!

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I've had the same two scenarios happen to me. I sold a game and the guy wanted a bill of sale. I made him one. I sold some games and when I went to buy a house the lender wanted me to get bills of sale for my games. I had to go back and bug buyers after the fact. Everything I had sold in the last year needed documentation. What a hassle that was.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

Never... I am not a shit heel. I could never do that to a fellow pinball owner.

#44 10 years ago

You could buy them and then resell them back to the ex-husband for $1 after the divorce is final.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey!
    Those are my pins!
    We agreed in the divorce settlement that they would go for $2 each.
    I got to keep the Tron!
    That bitch! She fooled around on me and I can't figure out why. She said that I looked big in my Tron suit. What do you think?

what's with you and that picture?

#46 10 years ago

Pay with cash, say that you forgot your ID. Do they want to make the sale or not? Blurt out an address like 1060 West Addison, Chicago, 60613.

Heck, whenever I use the self checkout lane at Blowes, I always use (312) CO7-6060 as my phone number. Anyone here know what that infamous number used to reach? The CO is for COlumbia phone exchange. They equal 26.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Pay with cash, say that you forgot your ID. Do they want to make the sale or not? Blurt out an address like 1060 West Addison, Chicago, 60613.
    Heck, whenever I use the self checkout lane at Blowes, I always use (312) CO7-6060 as my phone number. Anyone here know what that infamous number used to reach? The CO is for COlumbia phone exchange. They equal 26.

Yup, Bally, Belmont ave. curious it was not BE7-6060

#48 10 years ago

... Hmmm. Sell the pins for $1 before spouse gets home, or get half the value of the games in the divorce settlement?

Sounds like she didn't plan that one out.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

what's with you and that picture?

I am sure that picture is a joke... One would hope.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Yup, Bally, Belmont ave. curious it was not BE7-6060

The whole area was using the Columbia phone exchange. Williams/United was (WMS still is) a few blocks away. Their number was CO7-2240

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-guess-it-doesnt-pay-to-cheat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.