• 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jrivelli
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Just found this on fee-bay. The price police will be on him. Ed

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3 9 years ago

ouch...I bet the seller was not expecting that

#4 9 years ago

Whoa... Lucky buyer I guess.

#5 9 years ago

There was No Winner.He said he had a $4500 Reserve on it which was not met.
The game was Not sold.
I spoke with the owner of the company.Very nice fella.
But it did not sell, so No lucky winner.

#6 9 years ago

#1 pinball discount superstore in Omaha. Is there a #2?

#7 9 years ago

4,500.00 reserve? That's what I gave for mine a year ago nib. I sold it on here months ago for 3,600.00 and herd grief from the price police. Ed

#8 9 years ago

Just because you post once every 18 months with a cherry picked lowball price that represents the 10% of the games that sell for under $3800 doesn't mean it's a $3600 game (or the $3500 that you received for yours.) I received $3950 for mine with shaker and ff speakers. Someone else could easily post all of the high end prices for the opposite effect yet that wouldn't change the average price. Why you continue to post lowball prices to try and justify the $3500 that you took is baffling. Your outlier price isn't anymore representative of the going rate for acdc pro than the retailer that gouges a rich person for $5400. You should be happy that you had a quick sale because that is what you were after (having posted it in the marketplace with limited interest.) I am happy for the $3950 that I received because I played it for a few months and only lost $100. These aren't investments; occasionally pinheads make a little (or break even) but usually the true collector loses money. Be happy you got what you wanted (which was interest and a quick sale); I am happy mine sold too.

#9 9 years ago

Fast Ed is just stirring the pot & I can't blame him after the way people cried like babies when he sold his game

Since then plenty of Pro's have sold at prices similar to his. Edwin you sold your game for the same price as Fast Ed due to your mods.

I wouldn't even buy one at $2900. That's how bad I want a NIB Luci

People won't even bid above $3600 on ebay lol.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I received $3950 for mine with shaker and ff speakers.

Assuming you bought those upgrades a stern FF kit is 139 + ship and a shaker is $200(marco) + plus ship, so how much did you get for your ACDC pro ?

#11 9 years ago

You'd be in the game for over 4k with shipping buying at $3600. Seemed like a fair selling price, surprised the reserve is so high, but it's his game so whatever...

#12 9 years ago

I have seen people ask $3800 HUO recently and it sells fairly quickly, but probably not full asking, so $3600 is about right.
Another topic - In this price point is a Pro a good buy? I know ACDC Premium is better, but for $2000-3000ish less for a used Or NIB Premium is the Pro a good buy? How does it compare to used Pros in that price range like X-Men and Transformers?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Fast Ed is just stirring the pot & I can't blame him after the way people cried like babies when he sold his game
Since then plenty of Pro's have sold at prices similar to his. Edwin you sold your game for the same price as Fast Ed due to your mods.
I wouldn't even buy one at $2900. That's how bad I want a NIB Luci
People won't even bid above $3600 on ebay lol.

I can blame him for stirring the pot. He tried listing it in marketplace for $3900 and didn't get a lot of action so he then chose to post a forum thread and dropped the price $300. His was homey's only I believe and only had 100 plays with additional mods (his words); mine was routed and had a used shaker motor and FF speakers purchased at a discount. They weren't similar. You call it stirring the pot & I call it whining. He chose to sell his for $3600 and I chose to sell mine for $3950; the only difference is his game probably had similar value to mine and it appears he regrets selling his for $3600. Icon on the other hand I'm happy with the price that I sold mine for.

#14 9 years ago

Maybe its just the market telling us the tides are changing…

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Assuming you bought those upgrades a stern FF kit is 139 + ship and a shaker is $200(marco) + plus ship, so how much did you get for your ACDC pro ?

I paid about 150 for the speakers and the shaker motor was one I had setting around for a few years; it'd been placed in multiple games; I would place the value on the shaker motor at $100-150. I paid $3700 for routed AC/DC. He sold his home use only with mods for $3600. I added roughly $300 worth of mods and about broke even. Again he CHOSE to sell his home use only AC/DC with mods for $3600.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

#1 pinball discount superstore in Omaha. Is there a #2

The pinball retail scene in Omaha is crazy. There is pinball past (which is in the OPs ebay picture). There is benes pizza. And I think ovfdfireman sells new sterns as well.. I think.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

The pinball retail scene in Omaha is crazy. There is pinball past (which is in the OPs ebay picture). There is benes pizza. And I think ovfdfireman sells new sterns as well.. I think.

Confirmed. Me and buddy have dealt with ovfdfireman, good guy. Pinball past spams CL and really doesn't have good deals (excluding this ACDC). Benes has a nice aracade, good pizza, but some people dislike his slow responses to FS threads. Omaha had a great arcade scene late 80s, early 90s.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

If by "tides", you mean prices and demand are changing, I think I would have to agree. I remember a thread way before IMVE was released asking if Stern could sell another 500 IM's. The poll showed the vast majority of Pinsiders thinking that they could. I was in the minority in believing that they wouldn't. Well, I don't even think they will even sell close to that amount. Distributors are sitting on these things. People lose sight of just how small this pin community is. The operator market is on life support. So, it's pretty much just the private buyers now.

Hype drives this hobby. When the hype is killed with reruns, the excitement wanes and suddenly it's not an in-demand pin anymore. Couple that with suddenly too many options between Stern, JJP, and boutique manufacturers and there are way too many machines to go around and not enough buyers. People get blinded with this idea that pinball is growing based on what they see here (heck, I even fall into that trap sometimes), but it's still very, very small.

#19 9 years ago

You can still find a Pro for 4K or less NIB. Anyone asking 4500 for the pro is on crack.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

Exactly, that's my point. I also wanted to poke a little fun at the price police, because I laugh at how serious some of the guys on here are about the hobby, price wise. Ed

#21 9 years ago

That would have gone higher if the reserve was lifted or not there in the first place. I've seen items stall out at 1/2 of what they eventually sell for in a no reserve environment. I am not saying this is a $7200 game, so don't go there with my comment.

#22 9 years ago

So what your saying is it's a $7200 game, got it.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Just because you post once every 18 months with a cherry picked lowball price that represents the 10% of the games that sell for under $3800 doesn't mean it's a $3600 game (or the $3500 that you received for yours.) I received $3950 for mine with shaker and ff speakers. Someone else could easily post all of the high end prices for the opposite effect yet that wouldn't change the average price. Why you continue to post lowball prices to try and justify the $3500 that you took is baffling. Your outlier price isn't anymore representative of the going rate for acdc pro than the retailer that gouges a rich person for $5400. You should be happy that you had a quick sale because that is what you were after (having posted it in the marketplace with limited interest.) I am happy for the $3950 that I received because I played it for a few months and only lost $100. These aren't investments; occasionally pinheads make a little (or break even) but usually the true collector loses money. Be happy you got what you wanted (which was interest and a quick sale); I am happy mine sold too.

You're knocking the guy for taking $3600 when you barely got more for yours? Take out your shaker & ff speakers and yours would've gotten $3600 too. I don't get your beef with the post. Your argument gets an F.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

So what you're saying is it's a $7200 game. Got it.

If it's $7200 now, then it'll be $10K by Christmas for sure.

#25 9 years ago

Acdc pro just sold here locally for 3700 loaded with mods

#26 9 years ago

I like the downward trend ac/dc pros seem to be going. I think I will start looking for them around the 3,300 dollar mark. Great game.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Exactly, that's my point. I also wanted to poke a little fun at the price police, because I laugh at how serious some of the guys on here are about the hobby, price wise. Ed

I am glad you see it, as well as others. The bubble that I talked about even last year is starting to crack. The pinflated prices were holding at a time because there were a list of great machines and one company that quit making them, plus stern with the less than par titles with a few hitters. Now fortunately, there are new companies, new games, stern has really upped there game with ACDC and Metallica but with new titles,companies, and economic turns, it comes down to the simple law that everyone seems to forget about it seems: supply and demand. A lot of games,old and new, inflated prices, people come and go, talk is cheap, and ultimately free markets determine values, not the po-po. It is what it is. I personally like it. It means I can afford more games at cheaper prices, you should too. These things are not investment vehicles, they're basement furniture. Dont forget that. If your a pinvestor, you might as well get out now because I see some clearance sales a comming! ))

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

When the hype is killed with reruns, the excitement wanes and suddenly it's not an in-demand pin anymore. Couple that with suddenly too many options between Stern, JJP, and boutique manufacturers and there are way too many machines to go around and not enough buyers.

JJP and the small manufacturers are nibbling at the edges of Stern's market share, but Stern owns the under-$5k pin market right now.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

I am glad you see it, as well as others. The bubble that I talked about even last year is starting to crack. The pinflated prices were holding at a time because there were a list of great machines and one company that quit making them, plus stern with the less than par titles with a few hitters. Now fortunately, there are new companies, new games, stern has really upped there game with ACDC and Metallica but with new titles,companies, and economic turns, it comes down to the simple law that everyone seems to forget about it seems: supply and demand. A lot of games,old and new, inflated prices, people come and go, talk is cheap, and ultimately free markets determine values, not the po-po. It is what it is. I personally like it. It means I can afford more games at cheaper prices, you should too. These things are not investment vehicles, they're basement furniture. Dont forget that. If your a pinvestor, you might as well get out now because I see some clearance sales a comming! ))

Agreed, but remember no matter which direction it goes, there are always positives and negatives. The big negative about dropping prices is that the smaller manufacturers will have the toughest time, and there will be less new competitors coming into the business. With the upward trend, you saw some start-ups the last few years - more competition and more variety. With a downward trend, you are going to see fewer, if any, start-ups, and the current start-ups are going to have a real tough time.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

There is not a bubble. New pins depreciate slowly and people are fine with that because pinball is fun to play. The hobby has mostly 35-55 year old males, with some extra income to enjoy a fun hobby, and they will be around for a long time.
IMVE capped the price of newer Sterns forever. This will lower and stable values on SM, Tron and Lotr because they may get remade, or not. MM remake, same thing for the BW's. Will SS, CC, BBB get remade? Maybe or not.
Older, really fun value pins in the $1500-$2250 value range are sitting tight in that price range. Ex. - FT, WW, HS2, DM, T2, WCS etc..
EMs will always be bargains.
There is no bubble coming because there are no investors and people are not making good money selling pinballs or parts for them. Doing OK is one thing, but no one is getting rich.
Have fun and who cares if your pin drops a few hundred here or there. I don't.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You're knocking the guy for taking $3600 when you barely got more for yours? Take out your shaker & ff speakers and yours would've gotten $3600 too. I don't get your beef with the post. Your argument gets an F.

You quote me yet I missed the point where I knocked him for taking $3600. Kindly point out where I did and I will gladly go back and either edit my comment or post an apology. In point of fact I said that he should be happy because he got what he wanted which was interest in his game and his sales price. Also his game was mod'd and was HUO with 100 plays. I would have gladly traded his HUO, modded, 100 play game even up for my routed acdc with speakers and shaker because I think his game would be worth more. Your argument gets an "incomplete".

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If by "tides", you mean prices and demand are changing, I think I would have to agree. I remember a thread way before IMVE was released asking if Stern could sell another 500 IM's. The poll showed the vast majority of Pinsiders thinking that they could. I was in the minority in believing that they wouldn't. Well, I don't even think they will even sell close to that amount. Distributors are sitting on these things. People lose sight of just how small this pin community is. The operator market is on life support. So, it's pretty much just the private buyers now.
Hype drives this hobby. When the hype is killed with reruns, the excitement wanes and suddenly it's not an in-demand pin anymore. Couple that with suddenly too many options between Stern, JJP, and boutique manufacturers and there are way too many machines to go around and not enough buyers. People get blinded with this idea that pinball is growing based on what they see here (heck, I even fall into that trap sometimes), but it's still very, very small.

Spot on post. To make matters worse (for IM in particular), it's not a "keeper". Most players quickly become frustrated with the difficultly and want it out of the house. Wildly difficult shallow rulesets aren't the rage for most home collectors.

Don't get me wrong, I still own IM and respect it. It's just really hard to love when it kicks your butt so badly.

#33 9 years ago

for what it's worth, i had a premium and loved it, traded it. Bought an AC/DC pro and love it more than the premium. It's also a harder game for whatever the reasons. Recently had it listed for sale for $3900, had much interest and some close sales, but pulled the for sale thread and i'm really glad I did. It is so hard, so challenging and so great rules wise (imho) that I can never seem to get enough of it.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

for what it's worth, i had a premium and loved it, traded it. Bought an AC/DC pro and love it more than the premium. It's also a harder game for whatever the reasons. Recently had it listed for sale for $3900, had much interest and some close sales, but pulled the for sale thread and i'm really glad I did. It is so hard, so challenging and so great rules wise (imho) that I can never seem to get enough of it.

I would love to pick another one up; I sold mine to make room for STLE. I have no vested interest in keeping prices high; input affected love to have them drop so I can pick one up for 3400. What I won't do is artificially inflate or deflate prices based on a personal agenda (unlike some.) I'm glad you chose to keep it because I do miss mine.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Agreed! Really love mine. $3600, $3900, 4200, who cares? Play your g#%^{?m game and go outside with your kids.

#36 9 years ago

The real question is when will pro models drop into the $2's?

IMVE shipped to folks for apx $4700-$4600, maybe even less in some cases.

$4600 shipped is really $4200 before shipping. When people go to sell their HUO IMVE they will have to list at $3700 just so a buyer out of town can save a mere $500 while buying used. Otherwise he may as well buy NIB for a few hundie more. Who buys a $4100 IM that's $4500 after shipping when there are NIB shipped for $100 more? No one lol

When those IMVE's are selling for $3700 or listed in a fire sale at $3500 or even less then you can bet a lot of Pro's, such as ACDC, will be for sale in the $2900 range as more & more cool titles come out.

We've already seen a Metallica or two hit the $3's.

If JJP can make Hobbit I forecast a huge drop in values across the board. That's a theme & machine that could blow up! Even if JJP doesn't make hobbit then someone will buy the IP in a BK auction & clean house.

More machines & lower prices are good. ACDC will be $2900 by Christmas!

Fast Ed for president!

#37 9 years ago

I would love to find a distributor that'll sell me games in the $43-$4400 range. I have bought seven noon box games from five different distributors. Every time I try and go back for repeat business I never seem to get the A-lister price. I'll even ask about the price for a repeat customer and usually the price given is the same as someone off the street.

#38 9 years ago

^maybe it's your attitude

JK man!

$4300 NIB shipped would be bad ass. I have personally received quotes for $4400 pick up but it's always so damn far! I am paranoid about shipping though so I may go that route later this year actually.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I would love to find a distributor that'll sell me games in the $43-$4400 range. I have bought seven noon box games from five different distributors. Every time I try and go back for repeat business I never seem to get the A-lister price. I'll even ask about the price for a repeat customer and usually the price given is the same as someone off the street.

Well that suks. Sounds like the price quotes you received are for the "current 5" "pro title pricing" (4500-5000) shipped. You may have to wait until it is clear that Stern has no intentions of making any more ACDC Pro machines for that specific title. Sometimes, you can also save some $ if you pick the game up and pay with cash but you probably realized that already.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I like the downward trend ac/dc pros seem to be going. I think I will start looking for them around the 3,300 dollar mark. Great game.

you mean the downward trend everything is going that's not recently released. This is the way everything has been going and will be going. We are on the otherside of the price mountain. We have a ways to go before we get back to reasonable.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I have bought seven noon box games from five different distributors.

You've been changing the wrong variable by trying different distributors. Stop buying your games at noon. Games may be cheaper at other times of day.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

When people go to sell their HUO IMVE they will have to list at $3700 just so a buyer out of town can save a mere $500 while buying used. Otherwise he may as well buy NIB for a few hundie more. Who buys a $4100 IM that's $4500 after shipping when there are NIB shipped for $100 more? No one lol

just like all those $3700 tron pros everyone is trying to get rid of, right?

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you mean the downward trend everything is going that's not recently released. This is the way everything has been going and will be going. We are on the otherside of the price mountain. We have a ways to go before we get back to reasonable.

Yeah but I don't have my eye on everything else!

I gots me that "tunnel vision"

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

input affected love to have them drop so I can pick one up for 3400

WTH does this mean?

It's like reading retranslated toy directions

#45 9 years ago

That was a typo. Actually a dictation error on my iphone. I am guessing it should have read "in fact I would love to have them drop so I can pick one up for $3400". It is good to know that you are a member of the spelling/typo/auto correct police; what makes it even more fitting is that it came on a thread with a hint of anti "price police" mentality.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The real question is when will pro models drop into the $2's?
IMVE shipped to folks for apx $4700-$4600, maybe even less in some cases.
$4600 shipped is really $4200 before shipping. When people go to sell their HUO IMVE they will have to list at $3700 just so a buyer out of town can save a mere $500 while buying used. Otherwise he may as well buy NIB for a few hundie more. Who buys a $4100 IM that's $4500 after shipping when there are NIB shipped for $100 more? No one lol
When those IMVE's are selling for $3700 or listed in a fire sale at $3500 or even less then you can bet a lot of Pro's, such as ACDC, will be for sale in the $2900 range as more & more cool titles come out.
We've already seen a Metallica or two hit the $3's.
If JJP can make Hobbit I forecast a huge drop in values across the board. That's a theme & machine that could blow up! Even if JJP doesn't make hobbit then someone will buy the IP in a BK auction & clean house.
More machines & lower prices are good. ACDC will be $2900 by Christmas!
Fast Ed for president!

I agree with you. Why anyone would buy HUO for such a small discount off of new is beyond me. I do think that your numbers are a tad low, but I certainly understand your point. I see a lot of pins sitting around for sale for a long time on these threads. That says one thing. The prices are just too high. Anyone who's into pinball knows what the sweet spot is for getting a game sold. Why they try to squeeze a few more hundred out of the sale and deal with inquiries and tire kickers for a month, I'll never know. I've never had a game for sale for more than 48 hrs. before it has sold and the first person to come look at any of my games has bought it, without exception. Just deal with the reality of what the value is and move on.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If JJP can make Hobbit I forecast a huge drop in values across the board.

That's a head-scratcher (actually your whole post was).

Quoted from PW79:

When those IMVE's are selling for $3700 or listed in a fire sale at $3500 or even less

Riiiiight...

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

That was a typo. Actually a dictation error on my iphone. I am guessing it should have read "in fact I would love to have them drop so I can pick one up for $3400".

Oh good, now we have iPhone commandos to supplement our keyboard commandos.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

That was a typo. Actually a dictation error on my iphone. I am guessing it should have read "in fact I would love to have them drop so I can pick one up for $3400". It is good to know that you are a member of the spelling/typo/auto correct police; what makes it even more fitting is that it came on a thread with a hint of anti "price police" mentality.

Walmart has discounted its sense of humor bin. You should check it out.

#50 9 years ago

Ha! I get it! You get a little jab in about a post. When I clarify/comment then I am labeled someone without a sense of humor. Rather than get into a war of words you may have the last one. The floor is yours (after I look for typos of course.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-acdc-pro-really-is-a-360000-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.