Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Am I wrong are his prices fair ”

• Yes 4 votes
      5%
    • No 18 votes
      23%
    • Who cares 58 votes
      73%

(80 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SGM_2.png

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

Crazy prices on these games ..all his games are so over priced

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

This is what my reaction to just about every listing these days. I've just come to the realization that I've been priced out of buying anything else.

#3 5 years ago

Did you have to start a thread about it? And a poll too? I may not agree with the prices but this is a bit much IMO.

#4 5 years ago

No bargains here, the thing I find funny is that everybody wants top dollar, but when you try to sale something, it to high.
    I've tried to give away things, with no luck.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

Am I wrong? Are his prices Fair?

Which of the 2 questions am i supposed to answer in the poll?

#6 5 years ago

I'm just here to complain about the topic title.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Did you have to start a thread about it? And a poll too? I may not agree with the prices but this is a bit much IMO.

Not voting, don't need a poll signaling out one guy, just agreeing about prices overall.

#8 5 years ago

As we have seen over and over again on here, one can ASK any amount, the market will dictate what one will actually PAY for something.
    I mean it does appear to include the legs!

#9 5 years ago

Spikelou2,

I would like to introduce Exhibit A, your Ad for Jurassic Park from 4 months ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-36

There was a lot of back and forth about the price being unreasonably high and then... low and behold... it sold... for $50 less than you were asking.

People can ask for whatever they want... you may be surprised.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Spikelou2,
    I would like to introduce Exhibit A, your Ad for Jurassic Park from 4 months ago.
    There was a lot of back and forth about the price being unreasonably high and then... low and behold... it sold... for $50 less than you were asking.

Pot meet the kettle

#11 5 years ago

Spikelou2,

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Pot meet the kettle

lol this thread really is "wow" worthy!

#12 5 years ago

You know I don't like the sky high prices either; but, it's a sellers market right now. We are in an era where the demand is high and driving up prices. Classic machines are going up in value and we've got several manufacturers making new machines. Both of those wouldn't be happening if there wasn't demand.

The state of pinball in 2019 is pretty good.

Pull up the map here and you can see the growth. More locations and more people with more machines.

Demand is driving up the prices.

The real question is will demand hit a point where someone will swoop in and solve the supply problem via offering volume manufacturing at a price that satisfies the demand? In there a pin maker that can deliver a game in quantity that people want to purchase that sates the demand and takes pinball out of the boutique pricing it is now?

That is the real question.

But, as a fan of the medium - it's as good of time to be into pinball as there has been since the 90's.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

Machine - For Sale

Shadow, The

New!

Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Pretty much flawless. ColorDmd and topper. Works 100% no issues”

18 hours ago

Middletown, DE

4,500 (OBO)

joefox22

Pictures suck... that's for sure.. but if its truly super nice quality and has all the nice upgrades its not a horrible price

#14 5 years ago

I see you points ..but look at all this guys prices on his games ..it’s people like him that drive up the hobby ..yes I sold my jp for 3550 but ever jp is listed at that look at the last 10 sales ..the flippers have no place on This site

#15 5 years ago

I thought we all agreed to refrain from clickbait titles for 2019.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

I see you points ..but look at all this guys prices on his games ..it’s people like him that drive up the hobby ..yes I sold my jp for 3550 but ever jp is listed at that look at the last 10 sales ..the flippers have no place on This site

SpikeLou2... just jabbing your ribs. I ended up paying $3200 for my Jurassic Park... well $3500 for my Jurassic Park if you include having the guy come to my house on SuperBowl Sunday as I was moving my trade and help me get my pin unstuck from the mud and soon to be rain...

We'll do a deal or trade someday.

#17 5 years ago

I would like to introduce Exhibit A

The internet never forgets...

#18 5 years ago

I’ve seen Joe’s collection. His prices are above market value usually because the condition of his games are well above average.

Demand is high and games that old in great condition aren’t easy to find. Sellers market.

#19 5 years ago

I hope this helps the seller move his machines.

#20 5 years ago

If anyone in DFW area has one in flawless condition with a color Dmd, leds , alternate translite and a topper please pm me . I’ve been looking for a nice example

#21 5 years ago

I agree lots of high prices Rbion for $5500 (?). Nice game and all but $5500 nice? No color DMD either.

I sold my loaded LotR for $5800 color DMD plus plus seems like I left money on the table. I think people are scared of leaving money on the table.

I’ve had offers of $6800 for my loaded Tron but can’t pull the trigger because the price is not enough. “I can quit you Tron”

#22 5 years ago

Wow! (Another stupid fkn thread) , and it has a poll!

#23 5 years ago

Yes indeed pinball prices are higher than they used to be.

I’m just glad someone finally had the courage to stand up and make a post about it!!!

#24 5 years ago

I hate flippers. Scourge of the industry.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

The fact that he's sold 70+ machines with lots of positive feedback and contributions to Pinside seems to indicate otherwise. That Shadow looks pretty sweet to me and is OBO.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

I hate flippers. Scourge of the industry.

Damn straight!
    SGM_2.pngSGM_2.png

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes indeed pinball prices are higher than they used to be.
    I’m just glad someone finally had the courage to stand up and make a post about it!!!

I think he is trying to pop the “bubble”

#28 5 years ago

Man...Here I thought all along my $6k IMDN pro with thousands in mods was a tremendous value!

#29 5 years ago

Who cares is my vote.. don’t like the condition? or the price? -news flash- Don’t buy it.

#30 5 years ago

Closing this at the OPs request. While the subject of pinball pricing is perfectly valid (and there are already plenty of threads on this), it's not really cool to make things personal and single out sellers due to their prices. You can obviously make a comment about asking price in a for sale ad thread, but opening a new thread to attack a single seller is kind of bad form. OP realized this and so we agreed on closing this thread down.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.