(Topic ID: 92452)

It would be nice if a company sold single piece cab decals.

By rockotaco1

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I wonder how much more inventory some of these companies would move if we weren't forced to pay almost $300 in order to obtain one or two cabinet decals needed. I know that sometimes you can find them on eBay, but it's rare. Funny part is that when you do find that piece on eBay, it's probably from a person that was in fact forced to purchase an entire set just to get that single piece needed. I doubt we'll ever see this happen, but it sure would be nice. If somehow some way one of the bigger parts companies out there ever decided to do this, I know it would be much appreciated by most of us pinball enthusiasts. Not to mention a nice boost in steady sales.

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from rockotaco1:

I wonder how much more inventory some of these companies would move if we weren't forced to pay almost $300 in order to obtain one or two cabinet decals needed. I know that sometimes you can find them on eBay, but it's rare. Funny part is that when you do find that piece on eBay, it's probably from a person that was in fact forced to purchase an entire set just to get that single piece needed. I doubt we'll ever see this happen, but it sure would be nice. If somehow some way one of the bigger parts companies out there ever decided to do this, I know it would be much appreciated by most of us pinball enthusiasts. Not to mention a nice boost in steady sales.

100% agreed. At the very least, they should offer just the aprons as a stand-alone. My cabinet sides are in perfect shape, but the apron always gets rubbed and scuffed from normal play. I need one $50 decal to make my pin look almost new, but I'm not spending $300 for a full set I don't need.

I could see a lot more sales if they would offer individual pieces.

#3 9 years ago

"more sales" <> "more profit"...

that being said, individual plastics would be much appreciated, as long as we are asking for individual pieces...

#4 9 years ago

I think there are licensing constraints involved here, at least sometimes. And I think these guys would end up with a lot of cabinet sides laying around, as the front is always drilled or beat up, as is the head, but the sides usually fare better.

But, I remember the head and front decals are sometimes printed on the same 'sheet' of the decal set, too!

#5 9 years ago

You could venture into the sales by yourself. Split them up increase prices by $15 per decal and start buying empty tubes...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wouldnt-it-be-nice-if-a-company-sold-single-piece-cabinet-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.