(Topic ID: 17704)

Would/Could a Justice League Title outsell all these new pins?

By Rick471

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Methos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1.jpeg
    screenshot-19_gallery_preview_th.jpg
    screenshot-9_gallery_preview_th.jpg
    screenshot-8_gallery_preview_th.jpg
    Justice-League-Countdown-dc-comics-534.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Just wondering. With Xmen coming out and the comic guys geeking out. I would think a Justice League title would kick X-Men butt!

or is X-men more popular? I know they do individual DC comic titles, but what if JL became a pin?

Justice-League-Countdown-dc-comics-534.jpgJustice-League-Countdown-dc-comics-534.jpg

#2 11 years ago

There's a lot more to a pinball than just the theme. Xmen is (pre)selling fast due to the designer and the features of the game not just because it's Xmen.

#3 11 years ago

Nope. DC sux azz.

Batman is it.

Superman has 1 bad guy, Lex Luthor. Not enough material for a good pin.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

There's a lot more to a pinball than just the theme. Xmen is (pre)selling fast due to the designer and the features of the game not just because it's Xmen.

Interesting. I see that Borg did well with Tron. But Avatar is not considered a really great title. And I would put IM in between those two....

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Nope. DC sux azz.
    Batman is it.

What about the Wondertwins?!!!

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rick471:

markmon said:There's a lot more to a pinball than just the theme. Xmen is (pre)selling fast due to the designer and the features of the game not just because it's Xmen.
    Interesting. I see that Borg did well with Tron. But Avatar is not considered a really great title. And I would put IM in between those two....

Borg has historically been forced to rush out his pins and has never had 18 months to make one game like this. IM and Tron are both really great games, and he does have a few fans now. Lots of comments like "Borg is on fire" in the xmen thread.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Nope. DC sux azz.
    Batman is it.

I'm with you there. For the most part DC is weak sause compaired to Marvel characters. I'm also with you on Batman being the 1 big standout.

#8 11 years ago

DC is far superior to Marvel IMO - trouble is the company/charcters have been mis-managed since 1987.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

DC is far superior to Marvel IMO - trouble is the company/charcters have been mis-managed since 1987.

You have seen the recent Superman and Green Lantern movies ? Gag me

#10 11 years ago

Batman is it. The movies and video games rock !

screenshot-8_gallery_preview_th.jpgscreenshot-8_gallery_preview_th.jpg screenshot-9_gallery_preview_th.jpgscreenshot-9_gallery_preview_th.jpg screenshot-19_gallery_preview_th.jpgscreenshot-19_gallery_preview_th.jpg

#11 11 years ago

Not a good title IMO. I would have no interest in it. I agree with the folks that say Batman is all that is worth anything in the DC line.

#12 11 years ago

DC needs to get its act together and reboot all the movie franchises so they can ultimately do a Justice League film. Given how much money Marvel/Disney has made with the Avengers, I'm shocked DC hasn't been more proactive.

#13 11 years ago

Nope. DC sux azz.

Wrong wrong wrong. Read Kingdom Come and still share that point of view. Outside of Alex Ross treaments see below - Justice league comics used to be hilarious and a blast. Also, I don't see too many Xmen tatoos on pro athletes.

Theme of a pin does help sell. It simply does but not all on it's own.

Unknown-1.jpegUnknown-1.jpeg

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

DC needs to get its act together and reboot all the movie franchises so they can ultimately do a Justice League film. Given how much money Marvel/Disney has made with the Avengers, I'm shocked DC hasn't been more proactive.

+1000 couldn't agree more.

#15 11 years ago

Batman is my favorite super hero, that being said I would buy two x-men pins before I thought about buying a justice league pin. They just are not very cool.

#16 11 years ago

I really pray X-MEN is the last superhero pin for a loooooong time!
    Don't get me wrong, I'm gettin one, but it will be the only superhero game in my lineup and only because X-MEN is badass. All these other guys in tights belong on kids underwear, not pins IMO.
    I'll have zero interest in an avengers pin (LCD or not) and any non-Batman DC property is just going to be disappointing to me. Let's move on from the comic book themes already.

#17 11 years ago

If Avengers is next I'm screwed. I'll have IM, SM, and X-MEN, I think I'd HAVE to buy Avengers just to complete the Marvel Collection. That will be a fun conversation with the wife.

#18 11 years ago

Hey,

I'm not saying this to be rude, but the first thing that popped into my head was "What's the Justice League?". I guess that's my stance on whether or not it would outsell X-Men...

Luke

#19 11 years ago

Might be an age thing too. Justice League was IT in the 70's-early 80's. I remember watching Superfriends on abc every Sat morning. No hint of Xmen on TV back then.

I know there were comics, just not on TV/Movies yet.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rick471:

Might be an age thing too. Justice League was IT in the 70's-early 80's. I remember watching Superfriends on abc every Sat morning. No hint of Xmen on TV back then.

I think you're right. If it hasn't been on TV or movies lately, little will know about that great franchise as it's been mismanaged. That being said, the justice league animated shows are terrific, smallville treament solid, it's just been so mismanaged non comic people flock to marvel due to the awesome movie treatments.

Quoted from lukerp:

I guess that's my stance on whether or not it would outsell X-Men...

A pin with Superman, Batman, Wonderwomen, Green Lantern and the Flash. It would outsell X-men.

#21 11 years ago

Justice who? Not into the League of extraordinary People.

#22 11 years ago

Jersey Jack needs to commission Alex Ross and go toe to toe with Stern. Marvel (Stern) vs DC (JJP) Universe. We all win.

#23 11 years ago

We need a" Woman of Comics" pin. Lots of super cool chicks, good and bad ; )

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Marvel (Stern) vs DC (JJP) Universe. We all win.

Not a bad idea.

#25 11 years ago

The HULK pinball machine would smash all comic theme pins for me!

Lets face it he was the star of the Avengers movie....i could totally see a mean kick ass all green cabinet....PLEASE STERN MAKE THIS PIN

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Nope. DC sux azz.

Wrong wrong wrong. Read Kingdom Come and still share that point of view. Outside of Alex Ross treaments see below - Justice league comics used to be hilarious and a blast. Also, I don't see too many Xmen tatoos on pro athletes.
    Theme of a pin does help sell. It simply does but not all on it's own.

Attachments Unknown-1.jpeg (8.6 KB, 0 downloads) 11 hours old

Exactly. Marvel's villians outside of Spiderman's and those apprearing in the movies are barley known. Whiplash? Seriously?

Again, DC has been run by morons since Crisis on Infinite Earths. There has been a few bright spots (Starman, JSA) but outside of the Nolan Batman films, their film output is pathetic but the comic history and diversity is second to none, not even Marvel. But Marvel's (new) owners know how to capitalize on films, and they do it well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wouldcould-a-justice-league-title-outsell-all-these-new-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.