Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I know that hindsight is usually 20/20, but I was wondering if there
was a pin or two that you had wish you had purchased or one that
you regret selling?

For me, I wish I had bought MM back in the day. I love the medieval
theme (look at my Pinside avatar), but it is too rich for my blood
these days to buy one. Besides my cash over the years has went
towards other things... Raising four kids can be expensive.

On a positive note, TAF has treated me well over the years.

#2 11 years ago

I regret being on the factory floor in January and leaving the building with a TF and not a Tron. Biggest mistake of my 15+ years in this hobby.

#3 11 years ago

3800 MM. Need I say more?

#4 11 years ago

... DIDN'T. When I had a route, I had a chance to buy 5 TZ's in a package deal for $500 ea. Passed on it. Later passed on 3 MM's for $1000 ea. Also passed on a BBB for $2500. So anyone that sees me pass on anything, they better buy it.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I had a chance to buy 5 TZ's in a package deal for $500 ea. Passed on it. Later passed on 3 MM's for $1000 ea. Also passed on a BBB for $2500. So anyone that sees me pass on anything, they better buy it

holy crap! that's craziness. I don't think anyone can top that.

#6 11 years ago

You're talking mid/late 90's when a lot of routes were going under and needed cash, I folded up the bussiness in the late 90's too (while I could). The Calif. aniti-smoking laws killed the bar locations. Also, when the Navy pulled out of Alameda, it became a ghost town. IIRC, the BBB was hardly played when I saw it.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

holy crap! that's craziness. I don't think anyone can top that.

#7 11 years ago

My first pin was TSPP off of a location for $2,800. The guy said I could buy Shrek too for $2,800. It looked to be in better condition than TSPP. I just really wanted the Simpsons game. In retrospect, I should have purchased both. I had no idea Shrek was under 1,000 units.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

the BBB was hardly played when I saw it.

So it was one of the 13 protos confused or is this bugs bunny birthday.

#9 11 years ago

In retrospect I should have raised price per play a few years sooner.

Trying to provide great pins and great value didn't go hand in hand.

LTG

#10 11 years ago

I could have bought a Capcom kingpin for $6500 11 years ago, but that was insane money then. Could bought a Krull for $6500 same story, same time frame.

#11 11 years ago

In 2008 I was torn between buying a NIB FGY, NIB SM, or perfect AFM; each would have cost about 4k. I bought and greatly enjoyed the FGY for three years but should have gone with the perfect AFM. Now those are 10k with decent add ons and hard to come by in real collector quality condition.

#12 11 years ago

Yes, it was one of the protos.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

So it was one of the 13 protos confused or is this Bugs Bunny birthday.

#13 11 years ago

I passed up a nice deal on a DE Jurassic Park.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

... DIDN'T. When I had a route, I had a chance to buy 5 TZ's in a package deal for $500 ea. Passed on it. Later passed on 3 MM's for $1000 ea. Also passed on a BBB for $2500. So anyone that sees me pass on anything, they better buy it.

Holy cow...that is a lot of unreal deals to pass on. Wow.

#15 11 years ago

I was at Expo in 2004 and in the room when Gene Cunningham announced that he was going to remake the BBB's, didn't sign up It was a mistake that I vowed not to make again with WOZ

#16 11 years ago

$700 Popeye, but I hate that pin.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I could have bought a Capcom Kingpin for $6500 11 years ago, but that was insane money then. Could bought a Krull for $6500 same story, same time frame.

You can't even get a nice BoP for $6500.00 today!

#18 11 years ago

Taking offer on BOP. Still haven't received one from anyone

#19 11 years ago

Yeah, that was before the rather large influx of collectors we have now came to be (back when there were more used games than people to buy them, it's flipped now). I remember seeing a lot of used System 11 and DMD games (trade ins) for sale sitting for months at C.A. Robinson and Betson without being sold.

The prices back then would make everyone cry now. Most close outs for NIB games were around $2500, even less for a floor model if it had to be gone for the next new game to take it's place. Route ops were making great package deals to dump old stock on other smaller route ops. Who knew what was yet to be.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Holy cow...that is a lot of unreal deals to pass on. Wow.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20 11 years ago

I could have kept my Tron le. Sold it after two weeks for no good reason.... oh yeah, for less than I paid for it..... oops

#21 11 years ago

I bought my first Em's from vending machine route company in 1980 for $100. There had to be several 100 all stacked on end with the heads removed. I went back a few years later, and they were ALL gone, and just some of the new fangled SS jobs in their place. The owner told me they couldn't get rid of them and needed the space, so the hired a dump truck, and a back hoe, and took them out, dug a giant hole, and burried them!

#22 11 years ago

When I started with pins back in 2000 I could buy a MM for $1250.
Didn't do it and bought a Whitewater for $350 instead as my first pin as I didn't want to spend that much money..

2 months ago I passed on a $250 Fathom, should've bought that too..

#23 11 years ago

:(Three

Sold my TRON, now want it back, sold my Bonebusters, and finally a few weeks ago I passed up a super duper nice LOTR, an hour later called and said I want it, but it was gone

#24 11 years ago

I passed on a $700 DE Star Wars a few weeks ago because I thought it was too much of a project (now I realize it wasn't.... oops).

On the flip side:
I "almost" passed on a 6 pin deal for $1,300.... but then I talked myself into it and pulled the trigger (SOO glad I did!)

T2, R&B, 2x DE-Simpsons, BTTF, Dr. Dude

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I "almost" passed on a 6 pin deal for $1,300.... but then I talked myself into it and pulled the trigger (SOO glad I did!)
T2, R&B, 2x DE-Simpsons, BTTF, Dr. Dude

Wow, I would have bought those in an instant!

#26 11 years ago

Tron Pro. I had unlimited overtime all last year and decided it wasn't worth busting my butt for two months to pay for it.

MORON.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

I know that hindsight is usually 20/20, but I was wondering if therewas a pin or two that you had wish you had purchased or one thatyou regret selling?
For me, I wish I had bought MM back in the day. I love the medievaltheme (look at my Pinside Avatar), but it is too rich for my bloodthese days to buy one. Besides my cash over the years has wenttowards other things... Raising four kids can be expensive.
On a positive note, TAF has treated me well over the years.

$850 Judge Dredd or a $725 Batman Forever. Both from a couple of years ago.

#28 11 years ago

edit: I have not woulda coulda shouldas as far as buying goes. Selling? Ya.

#29 11 years ago

Hollywood Heat....I loved that game and it was working perfectly. I sold it when I started to condense the collection to less games but better titles. I miss it

#30 11 years ago

$675 STTNG & a $400 WCS - last year

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

$675 STTNG & a $400 WCS - last year

...why not???

#32 11 years ago

I shoulda bought mm back when i didn't think i had enough room for pinball in the house. Along with the other titles that are almost impossible to get now. And as far as recent missed out on a clean ss two weeks ago, and now can't find a mm for 10 or less. Oh well good thing xmen will tide me over while I wait for woz and search for the woulda coulda machines for a fair price. Oh well new life, new house and girlfriend whose as big of fiend as me.

#33 11 years ago

I was super green and it was before really got into this - about March last year. I made the mistake of offering $500 on the STTNG - I was being greedy and it sold to someone else.

WCS: Guy listed a 1994 Bally Pinball machine for sale @ $400 and I emailed and asked what it was, he replied 'World Cup Soccer' , it thought, 'Icchh Soccer! Pass'

I'd like to think I learned from those mistakes!!

#34 11 years ago

I was super green and it was before really got into this

It happens.... I passed on a RBION a year or two ago for 1,200 for this same reason...

Ripley's??? Ewww... what a turd (Now it more like, "oops! shoulda got it)

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

3800 MM. Need I say more?

Similar production count as most pins made around and since MM.

#36 11 years ago

I was super green and it was before really got into this - about March last year. I made the mistake of offering $500 on the STTNG - I was being greedy and it sold to someone else.
WCS: Guy listed a 1994 Bally Pinball machine for sale @ $400 and I emailed and asked what it was, he replied 'World Cup Soccer' , it thought, 'Icchh Soccer! Pass'
I'd like to think I learned from those mistakes!!

Gotcha...that sucks, man! I don't blame you about the soccer theme, either!

#37 11 years ago

Oh man.. that hurts just to read it on that STTNG and WCS...

#38 11 years ago

I passed on a $1800 TOM about a year and a half ago. Boy I wish I didn't.

#39 11 years ago

I passed on a Firepower for sale for $500. This was probably in 2010 some time. I went to check it out and had to think about it overnight. The guy said it wasn't working but it actually started a game for me. The sound was coming in and out, probably just a flaky pot. I didn't know how to open the backbox

Well it was gone the next day of course.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.50
$ 37.50
Wanted
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woulda-coulda-shoulda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.