(Topic ID: 73167)

Would yu kick out Metallica MOPLE to get ST LE?

By pninja005

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Kick out Metallica MOPLE to get ST LE?”

• Hell yeah... 82 votes
    47%
  • No way... 93 votes
    53%

(175 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-5.jpg

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#53 10 years ago

I am unhappy with MOPLE, but after getting a chance to play ST over the weekend, I think in the end MOPLE is going to be the better pin. However: ST is a great game, just hard to compete with the vibe of MOPLE, and I found the DOTS in MOPLE to be far superior.

#54 10 years ago

Star Trek may appear to be more complete right out of the gate, but aren't the rules mostly a copy-paste from X-Men? That's probably why they seem so much further along.

I agree that getting the Pro of both machines wouldn't be a bad idea, but if you are set on keeping one LE, I would stick with Metallica at least until we see what the update is going to deliver.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

aren't the rules mostly a copy-paste from X-Men?

no...have you ever played X-men and Star trek????

#56 10 years ago

Only pretty much daily. I'm not saying they are identical, but there are some similarities and I'm sure it's the same base code from the same coder.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Only about daily. I'm not saying they are identical, but there are some similarities and I'm sure it's the same base code from the same coder.

Not even remotely close.

#58 10 years ago

Ok then. No similarities what-so-ever.

#59 10 years ago

None. But there's a lot of similarities to TF and avengers.

#60 10 years ago

After 10 Metallica games I knew I would get bored of it pretty quickly. It looks great but the game play is average.
After 10 Star Trek games I knew I would also get bored of it, but probably in a decade or two. It looks great and it plays great.

That's me, what matters is which of the two games YOU would keep coming back to.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

metallica , is the same old shit, star trek is a much better game, i sold my met le when i could still get decent money for it, just wait you will be able to get a metallica cheap in a few more months,

LOL. Star Trek has the exact same playfield layout than Spiderman and most of all, a single, "same old shit" toy, not a single drop target, etc... Oh great, it has a VUK, terrible!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

LOL. Star Trek has the exact same playfield layout than Spiderman and most of all, a single, "same old shit" toy, not a single drop target, etc... Oh great, it has a VUK, terrible!

Yeah so - there IS a single drop target lol

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not even remotely.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not even remotely.

Lot of the missions are similarly coded like TF with some minor tweaks here and there and a touch of color changing LEDs. KB mb is a page out of AOTHC which coincidentally allows the player to continue playing the mb on the standard board rules if you complete it.

#65 10 years ago

Keep METLE all the way. Theme always wins out for me. Not saying Star Trek is bad, just not into the whole Trekkie gig....though, in all honesty, if there is no update for METLE in the next week, I may sell mine, and LOTR...and wash my hands of Stern forever.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#66 10 years ago

All these stern threads are the same. It's like Neo cycling through the matrix multiple times, each one with a new stern pin, but the exact same course. Action, reaction.

I got news for you - you will be asking the same question in 4-5 with ST vs Mustang, as you will be for mustang vs next one, and just as you all did with all the previous duds.

If this is you, you are simply a glutton for punishment and you enjoy every second of it. There is no other explanation.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

All these stern threads are the same. It's like Neo cycling through the matrix multiple times, each one with a new stern pin, but the exact same course. Action, reaction.
I got news for you - you will be asking the same question in 4-5 with ST vs Mustang, as you will be for mustang vs next one, and just as you all did with all the previous duds.
If this is you, you are simply a glutton for punishment and you enjoy every second of it. There is no other explanation.

How about vs Creech Aaron?

#68 10 years ago

May change in a few months but right now STLE gets my vote.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Keep METLE all the way. Theme always wins out for me. Not saying Star Trek is bad, just not into the whole Trekkie gig....though, in all honesty, if there is no update for METLE in the next week, I may sell mine, and LOTR...and wash my hands of Stern forever.

That will be hilarious when the new owner walks out the door with it, you go inside, and see the update has been posted.

Really what's with all these threats lately about Metallica ... "If it's not here by tomorrow, why I'm gonna...".

Fact: Lyman's been working on it.
Fact: It's almost done.

You've waited this long, just chill the F out.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

It's similar but not "exactly" the same.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That will be hilarious when the new owner walks out the door with it, you go inside, and see the update has been posted.
Really what's with all these threats lately about Metallica ... "If it's not here by tomorrow, why I'm gonna...".
Fact: Lyman's been working on it.
Fact: It's almost done.
You've waited this long, just chill the F out.

I trust you when you say the code is being worked on and when you say it will be out. In all honesty, I am not even a good enough player to realize when things are not complete. BUT, the fact is, I know they are not complete after reading forums…..that's not what bothers me.
I run a business that depends on customer interaction, communication and satisfaction. I think the lack of communication is a big negative in this whole mess. I am not bagging on Stern's games, they are actually really fun! However, when I fork over 8500$ for a game, the least they could do is communicate; no??
I have learned in business that the little guys DO matter, and it is in your best interest to look out for them as well.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I trust you when you say the code is being worked on and when you say it will be out. In all honesty, I am not even a good enough player to realize when things are not complete. BUT, the fact is, I know they are not complete after reading forums…..that's not what bothers me.
I run a business that depends on customer interaction, communication and satisfaction. I think the lack of communication is a big negative in this whole mess. I am not bagging on Stern's games, they are actually really fun! However, when I fork over 8500$ for a game, the least they could do is communicate; no??
I have learned in business that the little guys DO matter, and it is in your best interest to look out for them as well.

I agree they should - but they don't. Why? F*ck if I know....but we do know we've got Lyman on the job. If you didn't buy the game yet, it totally makes sense to wait and see. If you've got it already -well, you've got it already...a few more days or weeks won't kill ya at this point.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

but we do know we've got Lyman on the job.

That's about the only aspect you can rely on with stern games, Lyman tends to get more done on games he works on.

ugg, does anyone else find it truly amazing how much time is wasting on ranting/debating/arguing about new sterns, and trying to get the basics of what you should have been promised to receive, when the simple answer is don't buy it when released? It's unanimously known that the only way to battle this is to not buy anything else, and to send the message to stern that "no, we aren't buying until you finish the other games we bought", but then they release another, and all the eskimos line up for the new freezer that isn't quite working yet.

It's hard to have ANY sympathy for you people anymore. You just got your frozen tongue unstuck from the last stern pole outside, and I turn around only to come back to find you have gone and got it stuck to another.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That's about the only aspect you can rely on with stern games, Lyman tends to get more done on games he works on.
ugg, does anyone else find it truly amazing how much time is wasting on ranting/debating/arguing about new sterns, and trying to get the basics of what you should have been promised to receive, when the simple answer is don't buy it when released? It's unanimously known that the only way to battle this is to not buy anything else, and to send the message to stern that "no, we aren't buying until you finish the other games we bought", but then they release another, and all the eskimos line up for the new freezer that isn't quite working yet.
It's hard to have ANY sympathy for you people anymore. You just got your frozen tongue unstuck from the last stern pole outside, and I turn around only to come back to find you have gone and got it stuck to another.

Literally quoted for truth. "I'm not buying another incomplete cookie cutter piece of crap... until next month"

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

You just got your frozen tongue unstuck from the last stern pole outside, and I turn around only to come back to find you have gone and got it stuck to another.

Good analogy!
image-5.jpgimage-5.jpg

#76 10 years ago

Coming back to the main topic of this thread: I would not either. I WOULD like a ST very much, but I enjoy my METLE too much to kick it out

But I get it why people may consider this: Metallica is out for some time now and a lot of "new pinball buyers" get tired of their toy and want to get the next new toy. And then the next...

About the code and it's unfinished state:
Are there any people on this thread that lived through new Bally/Williams games? Somebody once told me that these machines also often received software updates when sold new?

#77 10 years ago

I'd get both ST and MET Pro instead.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't know Tanio has done a great job so far on ST most complete game this close to release in recent memory.

#78 10 years ago

They're both fast-paced high adrenaline games.

I still think S&D qualification and payouts are more interesting than anything I experienced in ST. I haven't played the newest ST code, however.

I really enjoy the MET package. The music, the layout, the art, and the rules. I love MET for the rules. It's difficult, high-risk shots, but the stacks are achievable on one ball. Bringing S&D right into a multiball (or a multiball stack) is pure awesome, and worth the challenge to set it up. I love how every shot in MET dictates what your next shot should be. So your next shot constantly changes, and against your will when you accidentally hit the wrong shot...or hit a cross target by accident, keeping it very fresh and entertaining. It's just a genius mode. Yet...simple and accessed without a marathon game and lots of time invested. I actually hope the MET rules are updated in a manner which still keeps this aspect of the game.

I enjoy the mode-based play also, and once code is updated on ST I'll give it a go again. I was disappointed by the art and lack of creativity in the design of ST, but the game does shoot and flow well. I just think it shoots and flows a little to similarly to other machines I've owned or own. I love the theme, though, and if I had to guess I'd say that I'll own a ST LE/Pre down the road at some point, so I hope they keep updating and tweaking the code to make it more interesting.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I doubt anyone's gonna waste their time typing and entering a Mustang thread.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yep they both suck balls

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Yep they both suck balls

Would have never guessed you own a STTNG.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.50
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-yu-kick-out-metallica-mople-to-get-st-le/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.