(Topic ID: 73167)

Would yu kick out Metallica MOPLE to get ST LE?

By pninja005

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Kick out Metallica MOPLE to get ST LE?”

• Hell yeah... 82 votes
    47%
  • No way... 93 votes
    53%

(175 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-5.jpg

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Reading all the comments thinking of making the switch...

#2 10 years ago

I have a METLE and a STLE. If I could only keep one, it's STLE for sure, but MOPLE is a great pin. Not that different from Trek really. I love the Trek theme, lights, warp ramp,sounds and kickback.

#3 10 years ago

I'd keep the MOPLE and cross my fingers that the new code is only weeks or days away.

#4 10 years ago

Yes

#5 10 years ago

Right now yes. Also crossing fingers for code.

#6 10 years ago

Man that's a tough call but theme wins out for me making Met the keeper. Both are great .

#7 10 years ago

In your situation and in need to sacrifice I would get both. Sell MOPLE and buy Metallica Pro and then also buy ST Pro. Win Win?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

In your situation and in need to sacrifice I would get both. Sell MOPLE and buy Metallica Pro and then also buy ST Pro. Win Win?

this is the better idea, but if you have to choose just one then MOPLE is the winner.

#9 10 years ago

Certainly not! Especially when the code will be more or less finished...

#10 10 years ago

If you don't care about hand drawn art, metal ramps, and cool interactive toys, then make the switch.
The code will come....hopefully.....soon.

#11 10 years ago

Have both if you can... both are great games.

#12 10 years ago

MOPLE for me, ST is great but......

#13 10 years ago

Not after waiting this long. I'm really expecting Stern to update the code soon. And they have had enough time to do it right. Keep the MOP and play the update. Then decide.

#14 10 years ago

Master ! Master ! Where's the code that I've been after ? Master! Master ! Promised only lies....

#15 10 years ago

Like Sean Connery said..... "There can be only one." And that, my friend, is Bill Shatner. NOT pretty boy Pine.

#16 10 years ago

Plan on keeping both.

#17 10 years ago

If not getting both, gonna wait and see what Met code update does and then go there probably since I love Ac/dc so much.......

#18 10 years ago

I kicked out MOPLE for METPRO

#19 10 years ago

For me:

Theme: MET > ST
Art: MET > ST
Rules: MET > ST
(^^ Assumed this will be the case based on Lyman's track record when he's THE guy on the code).

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

For me:

Art: MET > ST
Rules: MET > ST
(^^ Assumed this will be the case based on Lyman's track record when he's THE guy on the code).

And game play. Its more fun. ST hoopla will calm down and with some code polishing Met will shine.

#21 10 years ago

Rarehero = Chris Pine.

#22 10 years ago

For me:

Art: ST > MET
Rules: ST > MET

I do like the Metallica theme, but I dont care much for the Dirty Donny art on the game.
I also think that the ST has better flow, the is fun to play and the ball is super fast.

#23 10 years ago

"Would yu kick out Metallica MOPLE to get ST LE?"

No!!!!!!

#24 10 years ago

Yes and even with a code update. Close to ordering st and I don't miss the play at all of Metallica. The art is amazing but the shots did not do it for me.

#25 10 years ago

No, because the LE is too expensive to justify (just my personal feeling, spend your money how you like). Just get the Premium later if you want the "high end" game, it's not going anywhere for a bit, and aside from some unessential stuff like side rail stencils and lights it's the same thing.

Then again I'd skip the stupid hammer on the LE/Premium Metallica and just get a Pro, so maybe I'm not the best judge of what you want.

At least with the Premium ST you get the full on RGB lightshow.

#26 10 years ago

metallica , is the same old shit, star trek is a much better game, i sold my met le when i could still get decent money for it, just wait you will be able to get a metallica cheap in a few more months,

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

metallica , is the same old shit, star trek is a much better game, i sold my met le when i could still get decent money for it, just wait you will be able to get a metallica cheap in a few more months,

Why would it be cheap after Lyman finishes it? Will 4 band modes, Crank It Up modes, End of the Line, and more songs cause the game to be worth less?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

just wait you will be able to get a metallica cheap in a few more months,

There may be a lot of Met watchers who are interested, but not until a code update. Demand for Metallica has dropped since its release. Once there is an update, the price may stop dropping. That is certainly the hope of Met owners.

Current STLE reaction is similar to Metallica when it first hit homes.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

There may be a lot of Met watchers who are interested, but not until a code update. Demand for Metallica has dropped since its release. Once there is an update, the price may stop dropping. That is certainly the hope of Met owners.

??? I'd say the hope of Met owners is just the update...period...cuz once that hits, we'll love it even more & cement it as a keeper - thus making the value irrelevant for those who have it already.

#30 10 years ago

Have owned Metallica Premium and own Star Trek LE, STLE code on release is better than Met code after 7 months.

Not to say it will stay that way, but at the moment, both are very fun games, theme will be the winner of preference

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Plan on keeping both.

Ditto that!

Both are really great pins.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

??? I'd say the hope of Met owners is just the update...period...cuz once that hits, we'll love it even more & cement it as a keeper - thus making the value irrelevant for those who have it already.

lol, what your game is worth is way more important than how fun it is. You don't actually mess it up by playing it do you? Do you have any idea what that heavy steel ball banging around inside there could do to the value?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, you are correct. It is the code update that we are all hoping for.

The code update would also be beneficial for the value, if it improves the game and increases the demand. The value is only relevant to those who want to buy or those who want to sell.

#34 10 years ago

You crazy. No way!

#35 10 years ago

I still prefer METLE, no way it leaves for ST.

For the $ a STLE costs, I'd just get a ST pro and save $3K.

#36 10 years ago

I thought we kicked out MOPLE once the box showed up and said Met LE.

#37 10 years ago

I love Metallica but code wise lets break it down
Star Trek well it is I would say 75% done and
METALLICA at best 40% done and the game has been out months

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I love Metallica but code wise lets break it down
Star Trek well it is I would say 75% done and
METALLICA at best 40% done and the game has been out months

Why?

#39 10 years ago

no band member modes, no crank it up modes, electric chair mball is weak and needs more and better rules; along with master of puppets mball, no mystery award, and end of the line mball just for starters

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

no band member modes, no crank it up modes, electric chair mball is weak and needs more and better rules; along with master of puppets mball, no mystery award, and end of the line mball just for starters

How do you figure it isn't done? When it is......are we Met all in?

#41 10 years ago

The intellegent man would probably sell MetLE and buy MetPro and STPro.

STLE does look pretty damn cool though.

If was being sarcastic (who, me?) I could say instead of STLE buy a HUO Transformers LE and tape some fancy LED strips on the side and on the headbox

I keeeeed I keeed!

rd.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The intellegent man would probably sell MetLE and buy MetPro and STPro.

The practical man traded his for a TSPP and a STTNG, then went and got a T-2 to boot.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The practical man traded his for a TSPP and a STTNG, then went and got a T-2 to boot.

A single pin is turned into 3? That's not practical, that's wise.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, so far I have turned my non purchase of a $13,500 STLE into:

1. Pool Sharks shipped from England
2. Rollergames shipped from Pittsburgh
3. Game show shipped from Utah
4. Apollo 13 from Auckland

And I still have $5500 left in my pocket.

rd.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

A single pin is turned into 3? That's not practical, that's wise.

Actually 2. The T-2 was the nicest I have seen in a long time, so I went back and got it too before it went away. But if we are counting, I picked up a very nice Barb Wire the same week. So I guess that makes 4.

#46 10 years ago

Both are great Pins so it depends on what theme grabs you I guess . I would go with keeping the Metallica as its already a fantastic game , and will only get better with software updates .

If stern keep pumping out Quality Pro models like they are , everyone wins .

#47 10 years ago

Really depends on how much you like each theme. I really like MET game play, but don't like the theme so it is a game I will play, but never own. I love ST, so STLE was a pretty much no-brainer buy for me.

#48 10 years ago

Depends, you like nerds over metal. Game play appears to be equal.

#49 10 years ago

IMO STLE for a slight better play. MET for music. If I had to choose, it would be MET.

1 week later
#50 10 years ago

Metallica is a boring game (I sold my LE)
Sell it and get a Star Trek LE while you can. This game has a great rulesheet !!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-yu-kick-out-metallica-mople-to-get-st-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.