Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by usandthem
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you watch a Hallmark movie to get wife to play pinball? Poll”

• Hell yes 24 votes
      36%
    • Hell no 43 votes
      64%

(67 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lowndes (resized).jpg
    Lacey_Chabert (resized).jpg
    greeneggsham2 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Would you watch a two hour Hallmark movie once a week to get your wife to play pinball for two hours once a week?

#2 3 years ago

But then what would the girlfriend think?

#3 3 years ago

Some of us had to watch that stuff and not even get pinball in return.

#4 3 years ago

Get rid of wife. Problem solved.

#5 3 years ago

No, why change a good thing!

I understand that they are devoted to Hallmark fantasies. Just bring them a nice, chilled glass of white wine, enjoy an hour and fifty-nine minutes of uninterrupted pinball and then let them pour their fantasies all over you! Soon they will be bringing you the beer first and buying you more pinball machines!

Thinking outside 'the box' here!

#6 3 years ago

For the most part, Hallmark movies suck. Pinball does not suck. Let the wife watch the movies and YOU go play pinball.

Ulterior motives will get you nowhere.

#7 3 years ago

I do and she doesn't.

#8 3 years ago

I don't see the poll option, "the wife gets to watch a Hallmark movie while you play undisturbed pinball"

#9 3 years ago

Thank goodness I don't have this issue. If this were the deal, and she would actually come down to play pinball, then hell yes! My wife just wants to spend time together sometimes. (which I what I suspect is going on here!) Luckily, she prefers horror movies to Hallmark (another type of horror, I guess )

#10 3 years ago

My best friend comes over every Sunday and we play pinball ,darts and watch football well he went south for the winter and I hate playing pinball by myself.

#11 3 years ago

I've watched a few and they aren't that bad.

#12 3 years ago
    greeneggsham2 (resized).jpggreeneggsham2 (resized).jpg
    #13 3 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

My best friend comes over every Sunday and we play pinball ,darts and watch football well he went south for the winter and I hate playing pinball by myself.

Start playing 2 or 3 player games and pretend you are different people for the others. Just try not to get your ass kicked like I do.

#14 3 years ago

Confession---I ENJOY an occasional Hallmark. Positive, predictable, uplifting--the opposite of my workday

#15 3 years ago

We usually binge a few Christmas movies with A LOT of eggnog. Don’t think I could watch one every week.

#16 3 years ago

I love Hallmark at Christmas because I know my Daughter loves it. Hope it doesn't go away or is ruined.

#17 3 years ago

I can not deal with Hallmark myself. (I cuss a lot myself, and that channel is just too blah for me).

Your wife does not really like your games?

Maybe try another type of game that you could both enjoy without any kind of deal making!

Maybe a Golden Tee or Big Buck Hunter Reloaded, my girlfriend enjoys those more than pins, but luckily she still likes pins some also.

Hell, see if she would like corn hole, or even horseshoes, those games are cheap enough.

My lady is mad that I do not play Big Buck enough with her. And I am so very glad that she loves the game as much as she does.

I love the game also, I can just not play it for hours like she wants to.

#18 3 years ago

Not really a problem for me as my wife loves true crime tv and pinball too. She does occasionally watch Hallmark movies and I'll watch them with her. The plots are pretty basic and predictable but she likes em and that's ok with me. A side bonus is that the actresses are pretty easy to look at so that helps to ignore the dialogue.

#19 3 years ago

If you're having to coax your significant other to play pinball by doing something for her, that's not going to end well.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

We usually binge a few Christmas movies with A LOT of eggnog. Don’t think I could watch one every week.

Eggnog!?...is that all she gonna give you for watchin that drivel?

#21 3 years ago

Maybe one with Lacey Chabert. She's in a lot of them.

Lacey_Chabert (resized).jpgLacey_Chabert (resized).jpg
    #22 3 years ago

They film this things here constantly. So much so my wife and daughter have been in a few, its what kids do for easy money. My wife calls me in, if they happen to be on screen that is the most I have ever watched. She doesn't play pinball but Hallmark sure give me lots of time too.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blakester:

Confession---I ENJOY an occasional Hallmark. Positive, predictable, uplifting--the opposite of my workday

I could not have said this better myself.

My wife and I like to play a game where we put a Santa hat on each upper corner of the TV, then I take one, and she takes one, any time it looks like someone is wearing that hat you take a drink.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Maybe one with Lacey Chabert. She's in a lot of them.
    [quoted image]

Christmas in Rome.... personal favorite.

I could watch Lacey Chabert read the phone book for 2+ hours.

#24 3 years ago

The good news is that they do give you time to yourself. What you hope is that the next time your wife she sees you, she's not thinking about "what could have been"-- haha.

But while we're at it, I certainly did a double take when Jessica Lowndes appeared on screen.

Lowndes (resized).jpgLowndes (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-watch-a-hallmark-movie-to-get-wife-to-play-pinball-poll?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.