(Topic ID: 203667)

Would you transport a Banzai Run Sideways 400 miles?

By Golferron54

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

backglass (resized).png
full table from the right side (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

plastic wrap, card board, blankets and pool noodles, and it should be fine. I've transported a few games on their side a couple hundred miles, and they were fine.

Granted, most of the stuff I pick up already has a few dings and scratches in it, but I can't say I've noticed any new marks when wrapping a game up like a mummy.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

rent a U-haul trailer $19.00 a day pull it with your suv

The downside is that those trailers don't have a suspension system, so anything you put back there gets bounced around. Personally, if I had a choice, I'd prefer to transport it on its side in a vehicle rather than on a small uhaul trailer.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

who said small?

Here:

Quoted from Golferron54:

does not fit my 32" height maximum SUV

SUV's can only haul so much before exceeding the tow weight limit, especially if it's an enclosed trailer. The smaller enclosed trailers don't have a suspension, and neither do the comparable open utility trailers.

Plus, if a Banzai Run won't fit in the OP's vehicle, it's probably safe to assume it's not a large SUV with a lot of extra horsepower.

Once you hit the 6x12 trailer size, then you get suspension and braking, but the enclosed trailer is too heavy for many SUVs (it has an empty weight of just shy of 2000 lbs), and the open utility trailer is just shy of 1800 lbs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,490.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ForceFlow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-transport-a-banzai-run-sideways-400-miles?tu=ForceFlow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.