(Topic ID: 203667)

Would you transport a Banzai Run Sideways 400 miles?

By Golferron54

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

backglass (resized).png
full table from the right side (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

is it safe to ship without damage a Banzai Run (System 11) sideways for a 400 mile SUV transit? What is the downside risk?

Banzai Run (System 11) is 35" tall with the head folded down so does not fit my 32" height maximum SUV. If Banzai is laid on its side the game should fit.

I would take off legs, balls, remove anything loose in the cab, and protect the cab side with cardboard.

One problem I can see is having to manhandle it more than the typical slide in, slide out / attach the legs scenario for two old guys.

Thanks in advance for the logistical input folks.

ron

full table from the right side (resized).JPGfull table from the right side (resized).JPG
backglass (resized).pngbackglass (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

Honestly you should just hire NAVL and leave the head up, along with the other recommendations for moving a pin.
You are asking for trouble otherwise.

#3 6 years ago

remove balls , its tricky lowering the head though , make sure the upper motorcycle is raised a bit , or it can break when lowering the head , wrap in moving blankets. ive had 3 of these and i did transport one on its side with no issues.

#4 6 years ago

plastic wrap, card board, blankets and pool noodles, and it should be fine. I've transported a few games on their side a couple hundred miles, and they were fine.

Granted, most of the stuff I pick up already has a few dings and scratches in it, but I can't say I've noticed any new marks when wrapping a game up like a mummy.

#5 6 years ago

I’ll second ForceFlow Wrap that thing up in a blanket with a ton of shrink wrap. It will be fine. I’ve moved them on their side close to 400 Miles with no issue.

Or if you’re super worried can’t you just pull the head off?

#6 6 years ago

If you ship it NAVL you might as well kiss it good bye. Even if you transport it on its side it will be even safer then having NAVL do it at all. It will be fine.

John

#7 6 years ago

These games usually transported on their back new. It should be fine. Raising the upper motorcycle rider half way up the upper playfield is very important

#8 6 years ago

I've transported a BR on its side several times and it was fine. Blankets are a must. Remove all the balls including the one in the freestyle area.

#9 6 years ago

rent a U-haul trailer $19.00 a day pull it with your suv

#10 6 years ago

I'd haul a Banzai run in my ass if I could find a decently priced one. So on its side should be fine

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I'd haul a Banzai run in my ass if I could find a decently priced one. So on its side should be fine

I had to up vote that, caught me off guard and made me laugh.

#12 6 years ago

No.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

rent a U-haul trailer $19.00 a day pull it with your suv

The downside is that those trailers don't have a suspension system, so anything you put back there gets bounced around. Personally, if I had a choice, I'd prefer to transport it on its side in a vehicle rather than on a small uhaul trailer.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The downside is that those trailers don't have a suspension system, so anything you put back there gets bounced around. Personally, if I had a choice, I'd prefer to transport it on its side in a vehicle rather than on a small uhaul trailer.

who said small?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I'd haul a Banzai run in my ass

Sideways?

#16 6 years ago

I mean straight in or sideways at that point it doesn’t matter. Right. Plus he said he got it for a good price lol

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

who said small?

Here:

Quoted from Golferron54:

does not fit my 32" height maximum SUV

SUV's can only haul so much before exceeding the tow weight limit, especially if it's an enclosed trailer. The smaller enclosed trailers don't have a suspension, and neither do the comparable open utility trailers.

Plus, if a Banzai Run won't fit in the OP's vehicle, it's probably safe to assume it's not a large SUV with a lot of extra horsepower.

Once you hit the 6x12 trailer size, then you get suspension and braking, but the enclosed trailer is too heavy for many SUVs (it has an empty weight of just shy of 2000 lbs), and the open utility trailer is just shy of 1800 lbs.

#18 6 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions.

The aha moment was the suggestion to move the motorcycle in the middle to avoid damage ... I would not of thought about that in 100 years!

#19 6 years ago

Why not just rent a pickup truck for one day?

#20 6 years ago

I drove mine about 200 miles on its side and it was fine.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I mean straight in or sideways at that point it doesn’t matter. Right. Plus he said he got it for a good price lol

For the right price, I'd say that would be dealer's choice

#22 6 years ago

Have Sly fox move it. Pm if you need the number. He does CA transport all the time.

8 months later
#23 5 years ago

I am resurrecting this thread. Same type of dilemma, I am more apt to remove the head than to transport it sideways. Is the head a pain to remove? More so than other machines? Thanks

John

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,490.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-transport-a-banzai-run-sideways-400-miles?hl=viperjelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.