Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by eraser
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have been shopping around for a possible trade for my Simpsons Pinball Party. I am asking y'all's advice on value here as I am already mind made up on gameplay. My Simpsons is a very nice, recently shopped (thoroughly), lightly routed machine. The TAF is an import supposed to be 100% working who's playfield has Mylar applied. How does this sound based on value? Am I in the right ballpark?

Also, any SoCal pinsiders that want to make a trade for a nice TSPP, send me some offers...

Thanks in advance for the advice-

#2 11 years ago

i would avoid an import.

#3 11 years ago

A clean taf is worth more than a tspp, but consider what it would cost to make them equal... I'd rather have the tspp myself, and do.....

#4 11 years ago

^^^ ditto

#5 11 years ago

What is the downside to an import? I've seen many negative, generic "avoid imports" kind of comments, but I am not educated on their inferiorities. Not saying you're wrong, I just have no idea why they are a lesser version.

#6 11 years ago

I would not, but Im not a fan of TAF. I owned one for a few months and sold it out of bordem waiting for thing to take my ball and put it back down.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

i would avoid an import.

Why ?, I have seen some very nice imported machines so nice that you can not even tell that they were imports., if the TAF was in nice condition I would not hesitate buying or trading for one.

#8 11 years ago

Imports are fine...I've had several and they were just as good as my domestic machines, even better in some cases. Don't listen to the "avoid the import" guys or you may miss some very nice machines. Condition is king, no point in speculating unless you can provide pics of both machines.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I would not, but Im not a fan of TAF. I owned one for a few months and sold it out of bordem waiting for thing to take my ball and put it back down.

exactly the same thing for me... after a few months, the thing had to get out of the office garage! no regrets.
taf is way overhype. never understood why.

#10 11 years ago

TAF is way better than TSPP. But I have both...TAF gets more play at my house

#11 11 years ago

Im way to ADD (flamesuit on) for TAF

#12 11 years ago

i've seen this exact trade done.

#13 11 years ago

So I would be pretty safe assuming TAF is in solid condition right? The seller said that Mylar was added to the playfield. That wasn't standard? I'll hopefully get pics soon...

#14 11 years ago

There is nothing wrong with a reimport. I had a TOM reimport that was gorgeous. Only the power needs to be changed. Simple.

#15 11 years ago

I would trade both for a nice Star Trek the Next Generation.

#16 11 years ago

Thanks Alex! I figure that is about the only issue. No other arguments seem to come up.

#17 11 years ago

I was on the other side of this exact trade, traded a TAF for TSPP and 500. My TAF was mint. The TSPP was a former route.

#18 11 years ago

interesting guys, all good thoughts. I've just read some things before about having issues with the power change. Perhaps if its done correctly, i guess there would be no issues. I love my TAF. They are both great games, tspp being deeper but there is a ton of love for TAF, including myself.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

TAF is way better than TSPP. But I have both...TAF gets more play at my house

I was the exact opposite!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20 11 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

So I would be pretty safe assuming TAF is in solid condition right? The seller said that Mylar was added to the playfield. That wasn't standard? I'll hopefully get pics soon...

Is the seller talking about a mansion overlay? I guess it would depend on how well it was applied..and taf really needs to be working 100% to enjoy it..mine had a buggy thing wouldnt always grab the pinball and needed constant adjusting

#21 11 years ago

both are great tspp is much more fun even with junk flippers imo.
side note, i'm champ & #1 on hoff's machine

#22 11 years ago

I too was involved in this trade. While I really like the TSPP, I have more fun on the TAF. Some people like "choppy" play more than flow. I'm the opposite. We both were happy with the trade and I guess it comes down to which game you like better. That said, I'll be looking for another TSPP sooner or later!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I have been shopping around for a possible trade for my Simpsons Pinball Party. I am asking y'all's advice on value here as I am already mind made up on gameplay. My Simpsons is a very nice, recently shopped (thoroughly), lightly routed machine. The TAF is an import supposed to be 100% working who's playfield has Mylar applied. How does this sound based on value? Am I in the right ballpark?
Also, any SoCal pinsiders that want to make a trade for a nice TSPP, send me some offers...
Thanks in advance for the advice-

If you get no offers I will buy it back or take it in trade on another game.

#24 11 years ago

If TAF playfield us in great shape then it's a good trade value wise. Fun wise I like neither game but TSPP > TAF.

#25 11 years ago

TSPP is superior to TAF

"Don't do it bloodbath don't do it" - Malibu's most wanted

#26 11 years ago

Value wise I think you are fairly dead on. Fun wise? TSPP is so much deeper. I have owned both and addams was fun and all for a little bit, but it got boring fast and i had TSPP at the same time actually. TSPP got sooo much more play from me, my wife, brother and all others who came over. My parents and people in the 50+ age range really liked to see the addams because they all rememered them at 7-11's, but soon gave up on it for games like TSPP

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

TSPP is superior to TAF

I agree, but I don't like TAF much and love TSPP.

#28 11 years ago

TAF was my first pin and it is a great pin. Nice clean shots and plays pretty quick. Doesn't have the depth of TSPP but also is not as stop and go either. The "Power" is awesome and maybe the most iconic multiball animation and sound ever. If you haven't owned one it is worth it and as long as the condition is decent it will be an easy sell if you bore. Seems to be a pretty fair trade.

#29 11 years ago

I wouldn't trade that way. I like TSPP a lot more than TAF but I have owned my TAF for 15 years and just spent $1200 shopping and modding it.

#30 11 years ago

TSPP is too cluttered for me. TAF is a better game. But it's one of the reasons i'm even in pinball today. So I have some attachment to that title.

#31 11 years ago

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

#32 11 years ago

TSPP is the better pin without a doubt. Even if it was a HEP TAF, I still wouldn't do the trade.

#33 11 years ago

would do that trade immediately

#34 11 years ago

Keep the simpsons. The only good about TAF is the multiball and the seance for normal players.
The simpsons comments keeps me coming back for more and more. Have simpsons for 6 years,had taf for 6 months.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

would do that trade immediately

Instant

#36 11 years ago

Update - heard from a trusted source that this particular machine is not worth pursuing. I am still looking for a trade or sale in SoCal if there are any interested parties... thanks for all of the response here!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

TSPP is superior to TAF
"Don't do it bloodbath don't do it" - Malibu's most wanted

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

7 months later
#38 10 years ago

Didn't realize there was so much TAF hate out there... it's a great game, just lots of poor examples out there. TSPP is cool too but is stern from a different era, not really a good comparison IMO. I wouldn't trade my TAF for TSSP or STNG.

#39 10 years ago

I would say even trade if anything

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 16.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 180.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-tspp-for-taf-500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.