Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

890F8976-1E20-4972-919D-016341293997.gif
End_of_line (resized).jpg
5B662DA1-DC07-422F-9753-0C144EC1D27C (resized).png
13E1A902-781F-49C7-A9E0-DAFC510603B0 (resized).jpeg
BCE58620-DAB6-4A7D-A7C8-76467713968A (resized).jpeg
4B3065D4-35C5-4345-9204-AE1A81E4A4DC.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have Tron one of my all time favorite games. I’ve not got to Portal but been to SOS several times. It almost seems like I’m close to SoS most games. 3 ball setting.

I love the theme, music, shots, rules on Tron.

Iron Maiden is the flavor of the month but seems as if it’s got a lot to offer. I only played once so I’m going to have to find one near me to play again. But I’m curious what you guys think.

Maiden music is not a great deal to me, I’m not sure either way I just don’t know their music. Sure I’ve looked up their hits, if I have to take a side it would be against their music but it’s not hate like some other music. It’s more plus minus.

So theme is not a deal breaker but it’s like going from an A+ theme to a B theme.

Rules I’m not sure of Maiden.

That’s it, I can sell something lesser than Tron like SM it Tspp but I like them just as well and they’re not as valuable as Tron.

Also is Maiden Premium worth the extra money?

#3 5 years ago

Maiden vs Tron?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Are you reading this Stern? People love their TRONs. So make TronVE already! You'll sell a ton of them.
Keep the Tron OP

Just played a few games. Tron is really great and not too long playing. That’s why I sold LotR which is awesome btw but I didn’t play it often.

I’m cool with selling one great for another great like when I sold STLE for Woz RR or LotR for DILE.

#82 5 years ago

I love Tspp.

The only reason Tron came up, not my other pins is that the three most expensive are my newest so won’t be going.

So while I love them all Tron has the most value at this time maybe AcDc Premium is similar.

I realize this poll results probably not accurate because tilted towards Tron owners by the title of this post so most might be biased towards keeping Tron.

#83 5 years ago

I figure Maiden might not be my cup of tea, there will be other pins to come so there’s no need to rush Tron our the door as long as I’m still enjoying it.

In the last 12 months have got Woz, DI, AFM and will have TNA so that’s fully a third of my lineup is new. There’s no need for me to get yet another new pin at this time.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I consider IM a superior playing game although the light show isn’t quite as amazing. I’d try to find some other way to have both but wouldn’t feel too bad picking IM over it.

I own 4 of the better Borg SAM games.

TWD pro
Met pro
Tron
IMVE

Great pins I can hardly pick a favorite.

#92 5 years ago

I got back in the hobby when XMLE was just coming out. Tron and IM were not in production. Lucky for me Stern made a small batch of Tron x2 bug without the 3D translite.

Then a few year later, I was looking for IM Stern made the VE edition.

Met and TWD had/have much longer runs, so you could still buy after the code was well done.

We are fortunate to have creative people who made Eli ramp light and arcade plus color DMD for Tron (expensive but well worth the money).

#93 5 years ago

I just played 4-5 games on Maiden premium. I'm not an expert and don't know rules so well, but was able to see more about how it shoots and the ramps and the toys and whatnot. I did like the display animations and it does have a good number of shots and the rules seem good. But it didn't grab me and say this it a game I need to play again and again. I'm not saying it's bad either, and many games I have such as Tspp, DI, Woz, TWD were games I didn't love until I played a good number of games on.

But I can't think of trading Tron for Maiden at this time.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I feel like we all have closure now, it wasn’t climatic, it wasn’t the ending we wanted but the ending we deserved! This thread can officially be closed! Cue the law and order clang sound.

End_of_line (resized).jpgEnd_of_line (resized).jpg

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Is that your final answer?
No need to rush into a new Stern game since they are in production for 3 years.

ST was just remade and that’s been out nearly 5 years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-tron-for-maiden?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.