Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

890F8976-1E20-4972-919D-016341293997.gif
End_of_line (resized).jpg
5B662DA1-DC07-422F-9753-0C144EC1D27C (resized).png
13E1A902-781F-49C7-A9E0-DAFC510603B0 (resized).jpeg
BCE58620-DAB6-4A7D-A7C8-76467713968A (resized).jpeg
4B3065D4-35C5-4345-9204-AE1A81E4A4DC.gif
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

I have Tron one of my all time favorite games. I’ve not got to Portal but been to SOS several times. It almost seems like I’m close to SoS most games. 3 ball setting.

I love the theme, music, shots, rules on Tron.

Iron Maiden is the flavor of the month but seems as if it’s got a lot to offer. I only played once so I’m going to have to find one near me to play again. But I’m curious what you guys think.

Maiden music is not a great deal to me, I’m not sure either way I just don’t know their music. Sure I’ve looked up their hits, if I have to take a side it would be against their music but it’s not hate like some other music. It’s more plus minus.

So theme is not a deal breaker but it’s like going from an A+ theme to a B theme.

Rules I’m not sure of Maiden.

That’s it, I can sell something lesser than Tron like SM it Tspp but I like them just as well and they’re not as valuable as Tron.

Also is Maiden Premium worth the extra money?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also is Maiden Premium worth the extra money?

I think it is. Is it a good deal? Nope. I'd say if you just want to experience Maiden for a handful of months and sell it, get the pro, if you want to keep it for years, get the premium.

#3 5 years ago

Maiden vs Tron?

#4 5 years ago

No....

#5 5 years ago

I would keep the Tron.

#6 5 years ago

Tron is an all timer... But if you'd had enough if it dump it.

Maiden is pretty sweet, but yes the music is horrid.

#7 5 years ago

Sounds like you really like your Tron so that is a very easy one. No. If you were just so so on it then heck yes but why get rid of a game you love for one you are not sure about?

Iron maiden is fun and I think it would go well with Tron but I would never recommend to someone to sell a game they enjoy for one they "think" they will enjoy because of the reviews. Wait till you can play it more. If you enjoy it more then go for it if not then don't.

Here's another thought. Tron is a desirable game that a lot of people want to have in their house but may not be OK with the price they fetch. Maybe you could find someone that has a Maiden semi locally that would be willing to do a temp swap. They you both can get your fix in.

#8 5 years ago

I really like Iron Maiden, but I wouldn't trade my Tron for one.

#9 5 years ago

I would only trade / sell your Tron for Iron Maiden if you are a fan of the band's music. Personally I'm not a Maiden fan and therefore can't see spending $5500+ on one. For that type of cash I better at least like the music, lol.

#10 5 years ago

I much prefer maiden to tron, as mentioned above music can be a deal breaker but the same can be said about met, as, or acdc

#11 5 years ago

Well I’m a big fan of Tron, so Tron.

Now for your actual question, Tron is starting to get a bit older. But it was so far ahead of its time that the world is just starting to catch up. It’s a straightforward game. The rules are pretty easy to understand. But for some reason the game just has something special. If you still enjoy playing it, don’t sell it.

Iron Maiden was a good effort by Stern. It has some very cool shots, and the rules are fine. It was good out of the box. But I haven’t thought it was great. Part of that is theme. I don’t like the band, whereas I tolerated Metallica and AC/DC enough to fall in love with the games. I like playing it when I do, but I don’t think about it much after. A great game gets under my skin and I think about it later.

So Tron. But that’s all just me. If you’re done with Tron, kick it out the door. Sometimes the better game overall loses for other reasons.

#12 5 years ago

Both great games, but Tron is hard to find. There will be lots of Iron Maiden’s in the market for sale if you decide to pick one up in the next year or two as it’s thd current new pin and people will get bored with it and sell it to buy Sterns newest game. Most people that own a Tron won’t sell it because they know how hard it will be to find another one

#13 5 years ago

I would keep the Tron.

#14 5 years ago

Tron = no longer made
Maiden = will be on production line for years

Keep Tron...save pennies or sell something else for maiden

#15 5 years ago

I got rid of my Tron a few years ago and still regret it. I would keep Tron and I love the Iron Maiden music....the pin is just ok IMO though. Id get rid of TSPP in an instant to keep Tron

#16 5 years ago

I never fault people for swapping out games. Great way to keep the collection fresh.

#17 5 years ago

Always go with your gut instinct, keep Tron! Don’t talk your self into something.

#18 5 years ago

Don't sell Tron. You need both. You already have a few quest games, I'd lose TSPP and pony up a bit of extra cash.

#19 5 years ago

I wouldn't trade Tron for Maiden. I see you've had yours up for sale for two weeks, though, so maybe you're done with it.

Myself, I am really interested in Maiden, and I'd trade WOZ for it, if the right deal came along. I'm not in any hurry, though. Maiden will be available for a long time yet.

#20 5 years ago

I would do the trade both fun games but I prefer maidens rules and artwork.

#21 5 years ago

Depends if there is a tron remake in the future.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I never fault people for swapping out games. Great way to keep the collection fresh.

Trading games temporarily with another local collector for 4+ months is a good way to find out how much you miss a game.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Trading games temporarily with another local collector for 4+ months is a good way to find out how much you miss a game.

Or to find out that you would've played your old game a handful of times in those 4 months versus daily for the fresh new game.

#24 5 years ago

IMDN wins the poll as it's the new shiny, but pretty amazing Tron still holds it's own...A testament to how good the game is...

#25 5 years ago

I traded my Tron a few months ago and I do not miss it at all. The theme is great, but not worth the money they go for in the end in my oppinion. Good luck.

#26 5 years ago

Keep the Tron.

It isn’t a game you come across as often anymore, and you can buy/find a Maiden any day of the week if you want one. Or trade another game that’s easier to find.

#27 5 years ago

I love when Rai polls pinside on what to do!

If you had a crystal ball and could determine if Tron remake was coming out, that would be best as I would dump tron now if so. If not, hold on..

Does that help ; ) haha

#28 5 years ago

If you're asking what game is actually BETTER, my opinion is IMDN. But as others have said, trading for it seems like a bad idea. They will be making maidens for years to come. Tron may never get remade, plus it is very good too. Just save up for Maiden and keep Tron.

#29 5 years ago

TRON is Sterns best music pin

4B3065D4-35C5-4345-9204-AE1A81E4A4DC.gif4B3065D4-35C5-4345-9204-AE1A81E4A4DC.gif
#30 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

TRON is Sterns best music pin

LMFAO!!

That gets an up vote.

#31 5 years ago

No way. Trade something else.

#32 5 years ago

Iron Maiden wins on all levels, with exception that it's not Tron.

And because of that, Tron wins.

#33 5 years ago

Sell Tron, dont get the IMDN.
Get something else.
Maybe MBrLe

#34 5 years ago

Right now it is Maiden for me. But long term it is Tron. I would rather play Maiden because it is new and shiny but long term Tron is never leaving and I don’t know if that will be the case with Maiden.

#35 5 years ago

You love Tron, that's the answer. Pick up an IMDN Pro cheaper in 6 months. I think IMDN is the best Stern to date but the music scares people off. I think they are great. If you are just ok with the music, you will probably end up liking it in this machine as it is so well integrated.

#36 5 years ago

I traded my Tron once and really regretted it. I bought the same game back from a different seller a couple of years later. I won't make that same mistake again.

I actually own both games and love them both. If I was forced to sell one of the two I would absolutely sell Maiden first.... and buy another down the road.

#37 5 years ago

Keep Tron but by Iron Maiden Prem. Its the best thing they have put out in a LONG time. And I changed all my songs to Megadeth the first day I had a pin. There is no downside once you change the music

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sell Tron, dont get the IMDN.
Get something else.
Maybe MBrLe

Always got to be one silly stern hater.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love when Rai polls pinside on what to do!

Yeah, you’d think with 14 YEARS on here he’d learn a thing or seven about what games he actually enjoys!

That-
Or Speshul K paid Rai some $$$ for his account and is simply trolling us YET again...

Either way,
If I want an opinion on a specific game I’ll seek one out to play in person somewhere via this foreign means called “trans-por-tation”, and see if ____ stacks up/is better than _____, rather than bother the nice people here on Pinside.

Man, I’d sure hate to see the mind-grinding back and forth age old question of “What would you like to eat for dinner?” at Rai’s house.
FFS.

To cover my “helpful” bases in this thread...
Sell TSPP and buy a Maiden.
Tron is JUST as fun to play as Maiden.

For your health!

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Always got to be one silly stern hater.

Lol.

Not a stern hater, just dont like either title enough to actually buy them.

But, It could seem that way as I dont have any sterns yet in my collection.

#41 5 years ago

Are you reading this Stern? People love their TRONs. So make TronVE already! You'll sell a ton of them.

Keep the Tron OP

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Lol.
Not a stern hater, just dont like either title enough to actually buy them.

*looks over his collection and wish list.... sees not a single stern*

Uh huh. Not a hater at all.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Are you reading this Stern? People love their TRONs. So make TronVE already! You'll sell a ton of them.
Keep the Tron OP

Just played a few games. Tron is really great and not too long playing. That’s why I sold LotR which is awesome btw but I didn’t play it often.

I’m cool with selling one great for another great like when I sold STLE for Woz RR or LotR for DILE.

#44 5 years ago

Tron’s a classic that’s held value well. Keep it and pickup a maiden resale later when you see a good deal.

#45 5 years ago

Or... go play one credit right now. If you make it to portal get a maiden. If you don’t make it, it wasn’t meant to be and TRON stays.

#46 5 years ago

Yes if the numbers made sense I would make that trade in a heartbeat. I love Tron, the movies and the arcade games are part of my childhood. I had the pro and traded it for Tron LE. Too be honest due to the gem shot being sort of terrible and not the most memorable or amazing feeling shots I dont miss it much. I miss the light show and sounds more then the actual game.

Tron cannot hold a candle to Maiden shot wise and the code is really alot more fun. I have zero plans to bring back a Tron unless one falls in my lap. Good luck with your big choice. Both are dream themes for me but Tron is a bit overrated all be it a very fun shooting game.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Or... go play one credit right now. If you make it to portal...

I would keep it unless the Portal was doubled

#48 5 years ago

Keep your Tron!

#49 5 years ago

Tron all day every day

#50 5 years ago

Good God NO! Tron stays.

Maiden's alright but the stop and go middle will drive you insane, and the short stationary lane on the top right side is a ridiculous shot that tremendously hurts the game.

Tron is the Stern definition of flow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanted
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-tron-for-maiden?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.