Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

890F8976-1E20-4972-919D-016341293997.gif
End_of_line (resized).jpg
5B662DA1-DC07-422F-9753-0C144EC1D27C (resized).png
13E1A902-781F-49C7-A9E0-DAFC510603B0 (resized).jpeg
BCE58620-DAB6-4A7D-A7C8-76467713968A (resized).jpeg
4B3065D4-35C5-4345-9204-AE1A81E4A4DC.gif
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

I like Maiden as a game, but TRON so much more as a theme... and it’s a decent game too.

#52 5 years ago

i prefer Sam system over Spike so TRON stays

#53 5 years ago

Tron....

#54 5 years ago

Hard for me to say as I own and love both. I have Tron for 8 years since NIB and IMDN 6 months . I love IMDN as a band and its so fresh in my collection.

In my case for me .... I would say yes but each situation is different.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Good God NO! Tron stays.
Maiden's alright but the stop and go middle will drive you insane, and the short stationary lane on the top right side is a ridiculous shot that tremendously hurts the game.
Tron is the Stern definition of flow.

The Super Jackpot? It's awesome, challenging to get from the left lower flipper or left upper after a shot around the loop. It's super satisfying to land for the Trooper Multiball Card, among other things. There are no bad shots in IMDN, some challenging, even maddening, like the lower left spinner, but all excellent.

#56 5 years ago

Just look at the poll. The "Players" have spoken to you. Grasshopper you must choose wisely. Don't let peer pressure get to you. The grass isn't always greener, once your onthe other side. Then there's no turning back.

#57 5 years ago

I have the same problem ... I'm hesitant to change iron man vault vs gotg ... or deadpool ...
in your case I would change another one that was easier to recover as pirates of the Caribbean and add money ...

#58 5 years ago

tron win ! keep it

#59 5 years ago

As well as TRON being Sterns best music pin...

Iron Maiden has Eddie
BCE58620-DAB6-4A7D-A7C8-76467713968A (resized).jpegBCE58620-DAB6-4A7D-A7C8-76467713968A (resized).jpeg

Tron has Gem & Quorra
13E1A902-781F-49C7-A9E0-DAFC510603B0 (resized).jpeg13E1A902-781F-49C7-A9E0-DAFC510603B0 (resized).jpeg

#60 5 years ago

Get IMDN now and pick up Tron when the vault edition comes (hopefully with lighted ramps ect)

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Get IMDN now and pick up Tron when the vault edition comes (hopefully with lighted ramps ect)

I don't think a tron vault will ever happen. It's been rumored for several years now.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I don't think a tron vault will ever happen. It's been rumored for several years now.

Not having a Tron Vault is so weird. It's like there's a lot of money on the table for Stern just sitting there if they'd do it. I know I'd be in as I missed getting in on the original production run. Yeah, I could buy a used original, but at the current costs of those used originals, I figured I'd just wait for a Vault. And I've been waiting... and waiting...

#63 5 years ago

I almost paid $10k for an original AC/DC LUCI all modded out and I keep delaying and almost pulled the trigger on the vault AC/DC , then in March my dreams came true. Saved $2,500 . That other game is still available for those who want an original.

#64 5 years ago

I'd trade Tron for Maiden in a heartbeat.

Quoted from rai:

Rules I’m not sure of Maiden.

Phenomenal rules and scoring balance, with plenty of "blow it up" opportunities for good players. No woodchopping like Tron.

Quoted from rai:

Also is Maiden Premium worth the extra money?

Nah. Pro is tons of fun. Premium extras are mostly tucked in the back of the playfield, add very little to gameplay. Art package is nice, though.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Not having a Tron Vault is so weird. It's like there's a lot of money on the table for Stern just sitting there if they'd do it.

It's possible Disney has zero interest in relicensing an eight-year-old film from a dormant/dead property. That said, I would sell a kidney for a well-done Tron '82 vault edition.

#66 5 years ago

To be clear, there’s 5-10x the code in Maiden than Tron. Every shot feels good. Ball rarely stops. Multiball is a challenge, because upper flippers block you when cradling. Despite being deep, you always feel you have a chance to blow things up. Few cheap drains — Actually maybe none at all. It’s balanced. Pro is the way to go.

Once Tron VE is announced, the value in originals will drop.

No problem with selling Tron (I’ve done it twice). Tron is the coolest pin. Lots of fun. Tough. Not deep. Things get old. I would pocket the cash and get a Maiden Pro HUO.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's possible Disney has zero interest in relicensing an eight-year-old film from a dormant/dead property. That said, I would sell a kidney for a well-done Tron '82 vault edition.

They are remodeling The entire “Future” area of the Magic Kingdom with a new Tron LightCycle Roller Coaster based on the new movie and they started releasing Legos from the 2010 movie.

5B662DA1-DC07-422F-9753-0C144EC1D27C (resized).png5B662DA1-DC07-422F-9753-0C144EC1D27C (resized).png
#68 5 years ago

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna go broke when my little guy is big enough for Legos.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

They are remodeling The entire “Future” area of the Magic Kingdom with a new Tron LightCycle Roller Coaster based on the new movie and they started releasing Legos from the 2010 movie.[quoted image]

This probably has more to do with the success and popularity of the Lightcycle coaster in Shanghai (it is one of the most popular attractions) rather than Disney trying to revive Tron, they have all but buried the franchise

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna go broke when my little guy is big enough for Legos.

You should google the Roller coaster on YouTube, they are copying the design from the Disney in Shanghai, it’s another level of immersive experience.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

They are remodeling The entire “Future” area of the Magic Kingdom with a new Tron LightCycle Roller Coaster based on the new movie and they started releasing Legos from the 2010 movie.[quoted image]

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

You should google the Roller coaster on YouTube

I just did. Awesome! And I'm not a coaster or theme park guy. I was dreading having to take the kid to Disney someday, but now maybe not so much.

#73 5 years ago

I would keep TRON and sell SM or TSPP and get Maiden.

I have a TRON LE that's a keeper and an IMDN Premium that I'm really enjoying.

#74 5 years ago

"Sell TSPP" is rarely a bad idea. That game hasn't aged well.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

"Sell TSPP" is rarely a bad idea. That game hasn't aged well.

Really?!?! I haven't played it in a few years, but what's wrong with it? I always thought it was amazing.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Really?!?! I haven't played it in a few years, but what's wrong with it? I always thought it was amazing.

Half the shots stop the ball, clunky WhiteStar feel (especially slings), poor audio quality, flat scoring. At the time I was blown away by the broad ruleset where everything stacked with everything, but a lot of games have done that since, with more flow and on far superior SAM & Spike platforms.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Once Tron VE is announced, the value in originals will drop.

I bought my Tron in January of 2012. It was a relative bargain compared to today. And in that time I've watched the value go up as they became more "rare", and plummet with each new run (a new run what a Vault used to be called). Tron goes up, Tron goes down. And during that whole time I've probably played it a couple thousand times. I wouldn't care if the value went below what I paid in 2012, I'd still keep it. Tron isn't about value, it is about fun. Announce that VE, and let more people get Welcomed to the grid grid grid...

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

with more flow and on far superior SAM & Spike platforms.

Tron is SAM.

#79 5 years ago

Sorry, I was referring to the TSPP post above mine. I should've quoted. (fixed now)

#80 5 years ago

Uhh, I think you already answered your own question there jorant.

Quoted from Doctor6:

I haven't played it in a few years

If a game doesn’t get played at least ONCE in a month’s time around here, out it goes. No matter how good of a machine it may or may not be.
Why waste the space?

#81 5 years ago

TSPPs custom callouts, unique toys and 5 flippers have certainly aged well. Not for everyone, but not the dog it's being made out to be here. All games can be made brutally hard, even for top players.

#82 5 years ago

I love Tspp.

The only reason Tron came up, not my other pins is that the three most expensive are my newest so won’t be going.

So while I love them all Tron has the most value at this time maybe AcDc Premium is similar.

I realize this poll results probably not accurate because tilted towards Tron owners by the title of this post so most might be biased towards keeping Tron.

#83 5 years ago

I figure Maiden might not be my cup of tea, there will be other pins to come so there’s no need to rush Tron our the door as long as I’m still enjoying it.

In the last 12 months have got Woz, DI, AFM and will have TNA so that’s fully a third of my lineup is new. There’s no need for me to get yet another new pin at this time.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

In the last 12 months have got Woz, DI, AFM and will have TNA so that’s fully a third of my lineup is new. There’s no need for me to get yet another new pin at this time.

This is your answer. Enjoy the games you have and revisit this at a later date.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

TSPPs custom callouts, unique toys and 5 flippers have certainly aged well. Not for everyone, but not the dog it's being made out to be here. All games can be made brutally hard, even for top players.

I still love my TSPP, as well....Gotta have different styles of gameplay...A great game.... Tron rules life on the grid, but choice is good...Long 4 player games? LOTR is the last one I ran from....

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Not having a Tron Vault is so weird. It's like there's a lot of money on the table for Stern just sitting there if they'd do it. I know I'd be in as I missed getting in on the original production run. Yeah, I could buy a used original, but at the current costs of those used originals, I figured I'd just wait for a Vault. And I've been waiting... and waiting...

TRON VE will come if $tern has the final say.

#87 5 years ago

I sold my TRON:LE that I bought NIB for a DI:LE and I have no regrets. TRON is fun and the ramp light show is good but it was starting to show it’s age with the recent excellent releases, so I figured it was good to exit at the top of the market and take my 100% profit.

TRON was an amazing game when it came out but now there’s so many great new releases, each new one makes it drop slightly more.

Objectively I consider IM a superior playing game although the light show isn’t quite as amazing. I’d try to find some other way to have both but wouldn’t feel too bad picking IM over it.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I consider IM a superior playing game although the light show isn’t quite as amazing. I’d try to find some other way to have both but wouldn’t feel too bad picking IM over it.

I own 4 of the better Borg SAM games.

TWD pro
Met pro
Tron
IMVE

Great pins I can hardly pick a favorite.

#89 5 years ago

Neither.

But it is only my personal opinion.

#90 5 years ago

I suppose the term "classic" is harder to pin on a Stern release that a B/W at this point. TronLE will always be a classic Stern to me.....

You could argue TAF and TZ have been replaced with more current, flashier, deeper games.....doubt that would change people from wanting to have one, or enjoy playing it.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I own 4 of the better Borg SAM games.
TWD pro
Met pro
Tron
IMVE
Great pins I can hardly pick a favorite.

Yeah that's a dream modern lineup for me. You can't go wrong with Borg & Lyman. Wish Stern would realize there is a large segment of pin enthusiasts who weren't in the hobby when Tron was last produced, but have since fallen in love with that game. For the millionth time, make a TronVE happen already.

#92 5 years ago

I got back in the hobby when XMLE was just coming out. Tron and IM were not in production. Lucky for me Stern made a small batch of Tron x2 bug without the 3D translite.

Then a few year later, I was looking for IM Stern made the VE edition.

Met and TWD had/have much longer runs, so you could still buy after the code was well done.

We are fortunate to have creative people who made Eli ramp light and arcade plus color DMD for Tron (expensive but well worth the money).

#93 5 years ago

I just played 4-5 games on Maiden premium. I'm not an expert and don't know rules so well, but was able to see more about how it shoots and the ramps and the toys and whatnot. I did like the display animations and it does have a good number of shots and the rules seem good. But it didn't grab me and say this it a game I need to play again and again. I'm not saying it's bad either, and many games I have such as Tspp, DI, Woz, TWD were games I didn't love until I played a good number of games on.

But I can't think of trading Tron for Maiden at this time.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just played 4-5 games on Maiden premium. I'm not an expert and don't know rules so well, but was able to see more about how it shoots and the ramps and the toys and whatnot. I did like the display animations and it does have a good number of shots and the rules seem good. But it didn't grab me and say this it a game I need to play again and again. I'm not saying it's bad either, and many games I have such as Tspp, DI, Woz, TWD were games I didn't love until I played a good number of games on.

I feel like we all have closure now, it wasn’t climatic, it wasn’t the ending we wanted but the ending we deserved! This thread can officially be closed! Cue the law and order clang sound.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I feel like we all have closure now, it wasn’t climatic, it wasn’t the ending we wanted but the ending we deserved! This thread can officially be closed! Cue the law and order clang sound.

End_of_line (resized).jpgEnd_of_line (resized).jpg

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Glad to see your keeping Tron rai there’s peace on the grid again.

890F8976-1E20-4972-919D-016341293997.gif890F8976-1E20-4972-919D-016341293997.gif
#97 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is that your final answer?

No need to rush into a new Stern game since they are in production for 3 years.

#98 5 years ago

You guys can do what you want, but I would never trade my Iron Maiden LE for a tron. I would not trade it for any other game out there.
I am a big Iron Maiden fan so I had to got this game. But this time there was no honeymoon phase with Iron Maiden. The first weeks I thought this game is good but not the best and I liked it less than I do normaly with new games. But over time and more plays, understanding the rules I liked it more and more. Not only cause of the theme. It just is one of the best games ever. Tron comes not even close for me.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Is that your final answer?
No need to rush into a new Stern game since they are in production for 3 years.

ST was just remade and that’s been out nearly 5 years.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

ST was just remade and that’s been out nearly 5 years.

I am referring to the original production run as being 3 years. With all the new titles that Stern is now putting out in the future, there would no guarantee a remake or VE would be done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-tron-for-maiden/page/2?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.