(Topic ID: 281347)

Would you trade R&M BSE NIB position #556 for NIB GnR's LE position?

By Kerry_Richard

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by metallik
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you trade R&M BSE NIB position #556 for NIB GnR's LE position?”

• YES! Trade R&M BSE #556 for GnR LE 89 votes
    53%
  • NO! No way Trade R&M BSE #556 for GnR LE 80 votes
    47%

(169 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (4) (resized).jpeg
download (3).jpeg
tenor (1).gif
TkWu04x.gif
download (2) (resized).jpeg
nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpeg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago

Since I put the poll in... it's always been slightly in favor of trading R&M for GnR's (interesting).

#52 3 years ago

I own both, absolutely love R&M but code is very thin imo. Def needs more adventures. GnR has a ton more variety / depth but a polarizing theme and ruleset.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I own both, absolutely love R&M but code is very thin imo. Def needs more adventures. GnR has a ton more variety / depth but a polarizing theme and ruleset.

Polarizing theme?

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Polarizing theme?

GnR only has 1 good LP. 22 songs is great, but not if over 50% of them suck.

Not featuring the original lineup is deffinitely polarizing for fans of the band and probably off putting for the casual fan.

The callouts are ... uninspired? I'll go with uninspired.

I think the Concert in a box portion of the Theme is amazeballs. Well conceived and really well done.
The rest of the machine / theme does nothing for me.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Smooth satisfying shots? On TWD?
[quoted image]

Those ramps are awesome! Is this a joke? The right ramp is so fun to shoot.

Quoted from guitarded:

The callouts are ... uninspired? I'll go with uninspired.

The callouts were a disappointment for sure. Metallica has amazing callouts from the band. Iron Maiden has incredible callouts from voice actors. Then you have these ho hum callouts. Shame.

#56 3 years ago

Got called a fucker when I didn’t plunge fast enough.
So callouts in GNR seem pretty inspired to me.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Got called a fucker when I didn’t plunge fast enough.
So callouts in GNR seem pretty inspired to me.

Yeah you fucker quit polarizing!!!

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The playfield issues were addressed in house the problem existed with a first batch of playfields from Mirco.
The problem was tracked by playfield number to one particular box of 40 playfields,The remainder had been tracked with only 1 out of 160 with slight pooling.As soon as I can I’m going to order a LE !

romulusx context /more info please. Where did you get this info from??

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

romulusx context /more info please. Where did you get this info from??

His ass.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Both times I played TWD I left / walked before I used up my credits. That game. It is not bueno.

Wife and kids daughter loved TWD show but thought the game was boring as did I. Wife won a game and asked me if I wanted the free game. I passed.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Wife and kids daughter loved TWD show but thought the game was boring as did I. Wife won a game and asked me if I wanted the free game. I passed.

Wow, what episode of the twilight zone am I in, here? Most amazing game ever.... yawn?

For fuck sake, man, what is your favorite game? I have to know? Does it involved you jumping through hula hoops on fire while a 12 ball multiball is happening? I'm speechless.

#62 3 years ago

I played both a couple weeks ago at Jackbar. R&M is the best offering by Spooky so far, but I still don't like it. I hate to say that because I love what they are doing. I really want to love one of their games. I think you would need to be a huge R&M fan for it to have any lastability.

GnR on the other hand is a total experience. Disclaimer, I like the R&M theme a lot. I've watched a bunch, but not all. I'm a huge GnR fan. Have been for over 30 years. R&M feels a little home made. GnR feels polished and smooth. To me it's not even close. If you take the collectability away from R&M I don't see much left.

All that being said, you can probably make all of your money back on R&M after experiencing it and sell it for a GnR once they become more widely available.

#64 3 years ago

Not sure how the walking dead got dragged into this, but having owned the game and liked the theme, I think it’s a great example of how amazing code can’t save a *meh* design. I can see how the design coulld have been incredible, but it has some failings that just kill it.

I’ve only played RM a handful of times - not in a home (which can matter a lot) - and it reminded me of TWD from a layout perspective. I reserve the right to change my mind, but the copy I played had some shot issues that would drive me crazy.

For that reason, I’d pass for now and go GNR.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Sorry but when the main pro of a game is that it’s limited to 750 games you have a problem.

Agreed. And 750 is a lot. Not very rare. No trouble finding TNAs, Alice Coopers and Rob Zombies. All had a lower production run.

#66 3 years ago

No. Don't say ouch. Show us where you got this info. We are waiting for the awesome news!

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Agreed. And 750 is a lot. Not very rare. No trouble finding TNAs, Alice Coopers and Rob Zombies. All had a lower production run.

Look at Cactus Canyon. There are 900 and they are stupid expensive. Thing is the demand for Rick and Morty is more than those other three combined. It would take at least 1500 of R&M before they would be easy to find and priced to sell on the secondary market. Alice Cooper or Rob Zombie could have had 100 of each and they would still not be in demand.

#68 3 years ago

In Australia, I’d assume you’ll never see a R&M outside of the home environment, so many here may never get to play one. With the amount of GnR’s coming in, having the opportunity to play one will be far greater. Would having a sited GnR near you persuade you to stick with the R&M?

#69 3 years ago

So let’s see that shiny new GNR...

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

There will ALWAYS be plenty of Rick's available, especially when ALL 750 get out into the marketplace.

The next new thing is right around the corner. 750 is NOT a small number and for the price the demand is NOT going to go up.

The poll has spoken and you already know the answer Kerry. How many offers have you received? That's the real poll

And btw, so many Cactus Canyon's got trashed on route. A restored CC brings good money, or used to. There aren't 900 pristine examples.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There will ALWAYS be plenty of Rick's available, especially when ALL 750 get out into the marketplace.

The next new thing is right around the corner. 750 is NOT a small number and for the price the demand is NOT going to go up.

But with 5k LEs, a GnR will be super hard to find, right?

#72 3 years ago

I think you guys nailed it without saying it. Trade your R&M BS for a GnR CE. Satisfies all check marks. But if it were me, you will have no problem selling R&M BS in the future and picking up a GnR LE if you decide to. And I'm thinking you will pocket some cash as well.. AND get to play your R&M for a while.

#73 3 years ago

Update... I'm going to keep my R&M BSE #556 position and ride out the GnR's playfield issues.

I'll reconsider my options in a few months.

Thanks for all your input.

Kerry

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The poll has spoken and you already know the answer Kerry. How many offers have you received? That's the real poll
And btw, so many Cactus Canyon's got trashed on route. A restored CC brings good money, or used to. There aren't 900 pristine examples.

R&M will be more rare than GnRJJP. 500 CE and pretty much unlimited LE (5000) and standards. If someone is not found of R&M then I would get rid of it.

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Update... I'm going to keep my R&M BSE #556 position and ride out the GnR's playfield issues.
I'll reconsider my options in a few months.
Thanks for all your input.
Kerry

Smart man

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wow, what episode of the twilight zone am I in, here? Most amazing game ever.... yawn?
For fuck sake, man, what is your favorite game? I have to know? Does it involved you jumping through hula hoops on fire while a 12 ball multiball is happening? I'm speechless.

Your reply left me speechless . TWD was boring and that’s my opinion and if you don’t agree fine, but don’t make such a hyperbolic comment. I have MBr and BKSORpr and they blow TWD away IMO. Had more fun with JP, Metallica and Aerosmith also. So go back into your Twilight Zone episode.

#76 3 years ago

Nope - going to be difficult to buy an R&M in the future, and not to difficult to sell once you have it

Also, I am not a JJP buying until I am confident in getting a good PF

#77 3 years ago

I'm going to keep my R&M BSE #556 position

tenor (1).giftenor (1).gif
#78 3 years ago

Oooh a battle between the two most overhyped games I can think of.

I'd opt for neither after playing both.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Oooh a battle between the two most overhyped games I can think of.

I'd opt for neither after playing both.

download (3).jpegdownload (3).jpeg
#80 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Its a life lesson...

dont take drugs and dont eat nothing but fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. you are welcome.

#81 3 years ago

Update... I'm going to keep my R&M BSE #556 position

But the people have spoken and they want you to trade!

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

But the people have spoken and they want you to trade!

Not exactly. The poll specifically asks what others would do. Can't help it if the majority is usually wrong.

He did what I would do. Exactly the opposite.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not exactly. The poll specifically asks what others would do. Can't help it if the majority is usually wrong.
He did what I would do. Exactly the opposite.

Yes exactly. Then why ask? To do the opposite?

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

He just asked for opinions . If I was of the opinion you should stuff a horned goat up your ass would you oblige ? I’d hope not but maybe we need a poll ?

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

download (4) (resized).jpegdownload (4) (resized).jpeg
#86 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

He just asked for opinions . If I was of the opinion you should stuff a horned goat up your ass would you oblige ? I’d hope not but maybe we need a poll ?

I wouldn’t ask for your opinion because I don’t care. He also posted a poll...Give it a look troll. Oh, look what I did there.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

But with 5k LEs, a GnR will be super hard to find, right?

Of course not

Neither will 500 CEs

Buy whatever YOU like

None of it is in short supply

#88 3 years ago

Wonder if we can get Kerry back to the table if we changed the trade of his Morty preorder plus cash for a GNR CE early order? That would add a lot of missing drama and might create a compelling story line. I don’t have a CE to trade but all I know is I don’t want this thread to end so soon.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wonder if we can get Kerry back to the table if we changed the trade of his Morty preorder plus cash for a GNR CE early order?

I'm back... YES! I'd do that trade for GNR's CE. On the LE, I'll wait it out.

#90 3 years ago

I'm back... YES! I'd do that trade for GNR's CE. On the LE, I'll wait it out.

I can't see anyone trading a CE for a R&M. People are still speculating on the GNR value pretty hard because of Pirates. I'd guess if you see any CEs coming up for sale, they will be stupid prices. Hell Pirates is still bringing stupid money.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I can't see anyone trading a CE for a R&M.

I totally agree... however, the question asked was; would I trade R&M for GnRs CE? Answer is/was Yes!

#92 3 years ago

I totally agree... however, the question asked was; would I trade R&M for GnRs CE? Answer is/was Yes!

From a gameplay perspective I'd take R&M all day (at this point...still don't feel like can offer a reasonable review of GNR at this point), but money talks and bullshit walks. I'd give my R&M up for a CE. Nobody in their right mind turns down that much cash positive in a trade.

#93 3 years ago

Except the trade involved R&M + cash -> meaning Kerry would have to pay $X cash and I wonder what range of X he’d expect to see and what value he’d hope to pay. One variable stands between a successful trade. A value of $0 isn’t going to cut it in a heated market.

My mom has an empty lot in a gated and highly conservative neighborhood that she’s had listed for awhile. Letter shows up offering 180% of tax valuation and they want to pay cash. She was excited. Well a little research turns up the neighborhood is hot and it looks like she could ask as much as 250% of the tax value. We shall wait and see what develops for dear old Mom, in the meantime we are looking at a potential trade here involving two hot pinball titles, where anything is possible. How much will Kerry pay ??? How much would you pay??? Mymagic value X for is $4k.

#94 3 years ago

I played GnR a bit but might have missed it, correct me if I’m wrong but the songs (modes) are all the same. I mean you’re playing a song and the display shows the band playing live on stage. The only difference is what blinky lights are lit.

I mean there is no difference between any song modes other than what blinky lights are flashing?

I realize there are album mini wizard modes after you complete so many minutes of songs. But the actual meat and potatos of the modes are just watching a different song on the stage.

To me that’s a little boring rather than playing different story modes like R&M or Maiden for example.

I hear people say this game is a concert experience... I feel like it's a concert experience but I may rather would have a pinball experience.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I played GnR a bit but might have missed it, correct me if I’m wrong but the songs (modes) are all the same. I mean you’re playing a song and the display shows the band playing live on stage. The only difference is what blinky lights are lit.
I mean there is no difference between any song modes other than what blinky lights are flashing?
I realize there are album mini wizard modes after you complete so many minutes of songs. But the actual meat and potatos of the modes are just watching a different song on the stage.
To me that’s a little boring rather than playing different story modes like R&M or Maiden for example.
I hear people say this game is a concert experience... I feel like it's a concert experience but I may rather would have a pinball experience.

Can you please stop already,we get it you don’t like GnR !

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Can you please stop already,we get it you don’t like GnR !

I’m only posting my thoughts about the game. This isn’t a owners thread so people are allowed to post their opinions.

Should I have posted a trigger warning so the snowflakes can go to their safe place?

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m only posting my thoughts about the game. This isn’t a owners thread so people are allowed to post their opinions.
Should I have posted a trigger warning so the snowflakes can go to their safe place?

I realize it’s not the owners and I’m as far away from being a snowflake as you can get.But goddamn it we know how you feel about GnR!Check your post it’s the same fucking thing everytime,that’s why I said enough already

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I realize it’s not the owners and I’m as far away from being a snowflake as you can get.But goddamn it we know how you feel about GnR!Check your post it’s the same fucking thing everytime,that’s why I said enough already

Tell us more about how jjp fixed their playfields. Dude, you do it, he does it, I do it, everyone does it.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Song modes are not the same. Each have different rules. Some are frenzy (switch hits) some you need to relight the shots with the pops. The light shows are totally different for each song. It’s an amazing pinball experience. 22 songs. I think R&M currently only has 7 adventures and ONE multiball. You replay those way more than a song.

To top it off there are 5 additional separate multiballs each with their own rules. I haven’t played the final wizard mode yet.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Tell us more about how jjp fixed their playfields. Dude, you do it, he does it, I do it, everyone does it.

Give me a break man,you know what I mean

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,800 (OBO)
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-rampm-bse-nib-position-556-for-nib-gnr-s-le-position/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.