(Topic ID: 281347)

Would you trade R&M BSE NIB position #556 for NIB GnR's LE position?

By Kerry_Richard

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by metallik
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you trade R&M BSE NIB position #556 for NIB GnR's LE position?”

• YES! Trade R&M BSE #556 for GnR LE 89 votes
    53%
  • NO! No way Trade R&M BSE #556 for GnR LE 80 votes
    47%

(169 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (4) (resized).jpeg
download (3).jpeg
tenor (1).gif
TkWu04x.gif
download (2) (resized).jpeg
nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpeg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... I have deposit paid for R&M BSE #556

I'm a huge music fan. I own GnR (DE), Tommy, AC/DC prem & Elvis (METLE sold). I really like what I see on JJP's GnR's LE. However, I'm concerned about pooling and chipping issues recently brought up.

Would you trade your fully paid for R&M BSE position, straight across for fully paid for NIB GnR's LE?

Let me know.
Thanks
Kerry

#3 3 years ago

Hell maybe!

#4 3 years ago

No for two reasons.

I already have my Rick And Morty so there is no longer a waiting spot to trade.

Why would I want a GnR when it's just a rehash of a game that was already done 26 years ago when the band was already past it's prime?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No for two reasons.
I already have my Rick And Morty so there is no longer a waiting spot to trade.
Why would I want a GnR when it's just a rehash of a game that was already done 36 years ago when the band was already past it's prime?

I'll give you credit for consistency,but your still wrong!

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

your still wrong!

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg
#7 3 years ago

I don't see how you could lose either way on this potential deal, but I think I would make the swap--especially since you are such a big music pin fan..

#8 3 years ago

Stern Kiss is another awesome "music related(atleast)" that is guaranteed to kick your ass.

#9 3 years ago

I'd get both... however, just don't have the space or that much $$$ for both.

#10 3 years ago

>>Would you trade your R&M BSE position straight across for NIB GnR's LE?

Would I trade my $1500 (+/-) deposit for a JJP?

Yes. All day. Every day. I don't even care if it is a standard Dialed in. I'll buy another Rick and Morty out of the classifieds 5 minutes later...

If you are asking if I would trade my Fully Paid R&M Spot for a GnR?

No. Not ever.

#11 3 years ago

I've played a lot more games on R&M than GNR(SE), but I'd keep R&M. I haven't had any games on GNR that really pumped me up. It's just go for non-stop multiball to me. Yes, the light show is great, but the shots leave a ton to be desired.

#12 3 years ago

For clarification... Yes! fully paid for both: R&M BSE vs. GnR's LE

#13 3 years ago

Go GNR.

#14 3 years ago

Played GnR and imo it’s way cooler to look at than to play. It’s kind of not even fun to me. I really would not rather trash the game except to say it’s not for me, I think it’s more aimed at GnR super fans and people who value lights/bling over anything else. I was very interested in getting a GnR up until I played it.

Maybe it’ll grow on me but don’t think so.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

What an asshole!

#16 3 years ago

1000% GnR.

#17 3 years ago

The answer is no if you are concerned about the playfield clearcoat issues. Why would you even want to take that gamble if it's a concern?

#18 3 years ago

I’ve talked to a few people who have played R&M and knock it down many pegs for how it shoots but imo like TWD the code and kinetic energy make up for the clunky shots. Some may not see past the clunky shots (the garage shot is bad and the two right most shots are tight). I can forgive the layout when the code is so great. TWD is not the greatest layout either but the game rocks.

With GnR it’s almost the opposite where the shots are cool but to me the code is terrible and not just in a early code way, it’s the whole structure of the code and playing the songs that I don’t care for.

I’m more of a modes = story like R&M or Maiden not just hit the blinking whatever and 27 Multiball possibilities

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve talked to a few people who have played R&M and knock it down many pegs for how it shoots but imo like TWD the code and kinetic energy make up for the clunky shots. Some may not see past the clunky shots (the garage shot is bad and the two right most shots are tight). I can forgive the layout when the code is so great. TWD is not the greatest layout either but the game rocks.
With GnR it’s almost the opposite where the shots are cool but to me the code is terrible and not just in a early code way, it’s the whole structure of the code and playing the songs that I don’t care for.
I’m more of a modes = story like R&M or Maiden not just hit the blinking whatever and 27 Multiball possibilities

I am really liking the code in GNR. It’s all based on risk reward. Do you lock 6 balls and max out your jackpot potential before starting a song? During a song, do you add a ball or cash out your jackpot? Every song feels like a wizard mode, and with 21 + the mini wizard modes in between there is a ton to see and do. High scores are tracked for each song also which is great for last-ability. I was afraid of the multiballs but they are critical to lasting deep into a song, you basically use the multiballs for the first half of a song and then you decide if you want to cash out or keep playing the song with 1 or 2 balls.

#20 3 years ago

It's only 'clunky' if you can't make your shots.

I'll take R&M's layout and theme all day.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The answer is no if you are concerned about the playfield clearcoat issues. Why would you even want to take that gamble if it's a concern?

Because I own WOZECLE and PoTCLE. Not happy with very minor pooling and/or chipping... but LOVE the game play!!!

#22 3 years ago

I kind of did exactly this. Was blown away by GNR, couldn't afford both at the exact same time. Sold my R&M to a good friend with first right to buy it back. I swing by his place once a week or so and play R&M. Win Win! R&M is a great game. GNR is a great game. GNR shoots great. R&M is harder for sure.
Difference is that GNR isn't limited to 750 games. I'd recommend you lean to whatever theme you enjoy most.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How much time do you have on GNR in a home environment? The code is fantastic. Ultimate risk reward.

#24 3 years ago

i wouldnt trade a game with solid playfield vs one with many pooling issues at this moment. GNR a big box of lights looks cool as hell, but i cannot buy with confidence.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How much time do you have on GNR in a home environment? The code is fantastic. Ultimate risk reward.

Time on a GNR in a home environment seems like a lot to ask for this early in production. Not many people out there can say that. Additionally if you demand that of people reviewing GNR, then you should demand it of the R&M reviews. So basically very very few people will even be up to your standard of being able to offer an opinion.

#26 3 years ago

I haven't seen or played either yet. However, I've bought many pins before without seeing or playing them.

I currently own 20+ late model pins, so I'm fairly educated on game play and theme. There's an arcade about 50 miles from me that has both. However, they're closed for Covid reasons. Once they open, I'll drop in and play them.

It's interesting to see the poll leaning slightly in favor of GnR's

#27 3 years ago

Hell no. Rick and Morty is limited to only 700 games period. JJP LEs are not limited in any way and will always be available. Not to mention that Rick and Morty is a much better theme. After playing both, this is a no brainer to me.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You're comparing TWD to Rick and Morty? Holy crap, no. Twd has smooth satisfying shots. And don't get me started on the legendary code.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You're comparing TWD to Rick and Morty? Holy crap, no. Twd has smooth satisfying shots. And don't get me started on the legendary code.

Smooth satisfying shots? On TWD?

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa (resized).jpgnick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa (resized).jpg
#30 3 years ago

One thing you haven’t considered is when each choice would be available. I’d guess R&M #556 would be built by Feb 2021. For GNR I guess that CE’s are built Jan-Mar and you’d get an LE by May 2021. So you could sit around for three months, complete the purchase of R&M and enjoy it for 3 months before deciding whether to sell it and buy the GNR. Both games are good so it comes down to what theme you like more. I’ve noticed that people develop a strong impression of R&M after playing it. It either grabs you or it does nothing for you so after owning it 3 months you’d know what to do. Good luck deciding.

#31 3 years ago

I will gladly trade my opportunity to own a great game with a modern theme and a quality playfield today, for another game about yesteryear tomorrow.

download (2) (resized).jpegdownload (2) (resized).jpeg
#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Both times I played TWD I left / walked before I used up my credits. That game. It is not bueno.

#33 3 years ago

Sorry but when the main pro of a game is that it’s limited to 750 games you have a problem.

#34 3 years ago

I own R&M, and I've leaned both ways several times.

On one side, R&M has been finicky. I need to keep adjusting rails and switches to get it to play correctly. I don't have it working perfectly yet, but I'm working on it. It's so annoying, and the thought that I can sell it and get an extra $1000-$1500 now is enticing.

On the other side, R&M is pretty damn awesome when it works correctly. Some of the most fun I've ever had at times. It's challenging and I keep hitting that start button, so it definitely has that "one more time" feel to it. GnR has playfield issues. I'd hate to sell R&M to get GnR and put up with that. Plus, I'm worried that it'll be difficult to get my R&M back after I sell it. It's limited to 750 where GnR LE is 5,000 plus the SE's.

So I'm probably going to keep R&M and maybe review the situation again sometime in February. But it's close.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Sorry but when the main pro of a game is that it’s limited to 750 games you have a problem.

This is not a "pro", this is a factor to consider in regard to scarcity. It will be greater difficulty in recouping a game where only 750 units are made than it will be for a game with well over 5,000.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This is not a "pro", this is a factor to consider in regard to scarcity. It will be greater difficulty in recouping a game where only 750 units are made than it will be for a game with well over 5,000.

I get it, just dont think it’s a reason for owning a game

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i wouldnt trade a game with solid playfield vs one with many pooling issues at this moment. GNR a big box of lights looks cool as hell, but i cannot buy with confidence.

The playfield issues were addressed in house the problem existed with a first batch of playfields from Mirco.
The problem was tracked by playfield number to one particular box of 40 playfields,The remainder had been tracked with only 1 out of 160 with slight pooling.As soon as I can I’m going to order a LE !

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Nobody says it is the main Pro of the Game.

But, if you are looking at the opportunity cost of owning a machine...it is a factor that can't be ignored.

Not gonna be a lot of opportunity for the average pinhead to own a machine with that small a population.

And it isn't being considered as a a reason to purchase/ own, here. Guy already has one. Question is, does he want to trade it for a machine that will have a population of 5k+

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The playfield issues were addressed in house the problem existed with a first batch of playfields from Mirco.
The problem was tracked by playfield number to one particular box of 40 playfields,The remainder had been tracked with only 1 out of 160 with slight pooling.As soon as I can I’m going to order a LE !

Where did you get this info?

#40 3 years ago

I think you’d enjoy GNR more and keep it forever but there is more of a financial upside to R&M...

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Strange, because both JJP and Mirco have said zero when it comes to the playfield issue. So where did you hear this?

#42 3 years ago

I’m doubting JJP will sell all those GnR LE but if they do plus 500 CE plus SE maybe 10x more GnR in production. I doubt they’ll sell that many tho.

I’d buy whatever you like both will be fun.

Likely R&M will be harder to find but like most games they will be for sale down the road.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One thing you haven’t considered is when each choice would be available. I’d guess R&M #556 would be built by Feb 2021.

Excellent point however... Actually I have.

There are Pinguys out there who would consider my trade option with their NIB GnRs LE now, for my R&M BSE #556 spot, in ~4 months.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

there is more of a financial upside to R&M...

Don't know about that. Not sure anybody in my neighborhood even has that kind of coin after being shut down for 8 months, so perhaps I'm stuck with it?

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Excellent point however... Actually I have.
There are Pinguys out there who would consider my trade option with their NIB GnRs LE now, for my R&M BSE #556 spot, in ~4 months.

Ok in that case the reverse advice is warranted. You could get GNR now and play it for four months. I’m sure that you will enjoy it tremendously. There are no changes expected for R&M prices in four months, by then you may have decided to keep GNR. If you still want R&M, consider selling another of your pins to fund one. A ball in hand always beats the wiener. The GNRLE trade seems like a no brainer now.

#46 3 years ago

Hell no! R&M is going to be harder to grab. There are going to be a TON of GnR LEs for sale a year from now if you are patient....just a little patience....yea, yea.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

That is not the main pro. It is an amazing game AND it is low production.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

R&M is going to be harder to grab.

Grab one, any you too might end up Chief Ball Fondler.

#49 3 years ago

No, keep r&m. Gnr will be available later. They're making fricken 5,000 LEs.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Grab one, any you too might end up Chief Ball Fondler.

TkWu04x.gifTkWu04x.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-trade-rampm-bse-nib-position-556-for-nib-gnr-s-le-position and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.