Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Shredso
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Pinside, I need your help again. Would you trade No fear for Monopoly? I heard mix reviews on Monopoly. Your thoughts?

#2 2 years ago

Monopoly gets some undeserved hate IMO. I have one now and I like it. It well never be confused for one of the greats but there's plenty to shoot for on it and it's not that easy to run up massive scores. Accessible theme for the less pinball-inclined guests and the animations are underrated, they look great with the color DMD.

I'm not real familiar with No Fear (as in playing IRL) but, I guess I wanted to get in here and say that Monopoly does not suck like many claim. At least in my opinion.

#3 2 years ago

Yeah I think it's a good trade, monopoly is a great game, there's a heap going on with it, they play totally different though super fast compared to stop an go.. both solid players..

#4 2 years ago

If you have had No Fear for a little while, I would definitely make that trade. Like whisper said, two totally different games. Monopoly is a pretty underrated game with lots to shoot for. No Fear is pure speed, but a bit of a one-trick-pony.

#5 2 years ago

For sure. Monopoly is no masterpiece, but it has a lot more going on. When I tried to sell my No Fear it was the hardest sale of a modern DMD pin I have ever had.

#6 2 years ago

I've owned Monopoly in the past, and it's alright, far from great. Scoring is very unbalanced, with a lot of modes being extremely dangerous for no pay-off. It does shine really well in terms of casual appeal thought. Call outs are fun, it guides a new player well and makes them feel like they're really making things happen.

Overall this is still a trade I'd do. Even though I don't love Monopoly, I also wouldn't see myself owning No Fear for long, and would gladly swap the two just to get something new for a while (and then a few months down the road I'd probably trade Monopoly for yet another game).

#7 2 years ago

Are you tired of No Fear already? Is it playing properly? This is your second trade question after owning the game for a week.

#8 2 years ago

The real question is...would YOU trade it? Opinions will vary greatly on the forum, but the one true opinion that matters is yours. If you're tired of No Fear, then make a change. Have you ever played Monopoly? I would suggest finding one and playing several games to see if it holds your interest more than No Fear. I like em both, and would be happy to own either one.

#9 2 years ago

I prefer no fear but monopoly does have a lot more going on. I didn't like monopoly that much when I first got it but it did grow on me. Its a fun pin but no fear is fast and has great flow which I prefer. I think they are worth about the same so do the trade if you are bored of no fear.

#10 2 years ago

I've owned both and it's a tough call. Monopoly will certainly be a breath of fresh air after No Fear, but No Fear is just flat out FUN pinball. If you frequently have friends over for parties or just to play and hang out, No Fear might end up being their favorite pin to play. The music, talking skull, fast gameplay, fun ramps, awesome ramp jump shot and the fact you can just have fun batting the ball around makes it very approachable.

Monopoly also has fun shots like the Railroad ramp - I love how it dumps the ball to the flipper instead of an inlane. The multiball animation is a lot of fun also and the game would look super with the ColorDMD. The Monopoly theme is obviously well known by the world, so this would also be a very approachable game for friends as well.

If it's a straight trade, then go for it because you'll have no problem trading Monopoly for something else down the road. Could even sell it and buy back a No Fear too if you miss it.

#11 2 years ago

Yes...5 times...all day.

No fear is incredibly repetitive..Monopoly is deep...and very underrated.

#12 2 years ago

No because my wife would divorce me. She absolutely loves it.

These two games are SO different. I do like Monopoly better but I can easily see how many would like No Fear better. IMO, Monopoly is deader and some great shots. Yeah, the little mini flipper circling is a little different but Pat Lawlor's reputation exist or a reason. Maybe I shouldn't admit this but MONO is the ONE game of the 5 I own that I haven't completed. It's complicated and deep but anyone can play it and no the theme... #1 family game of all time.

Besides, I have the alien version of No Fear, it's called Xfiles. Fun but repetitive. (I'm just joking No Fear fans)

#13 2 years ago

While I like No Fear and Monopoly is not a favorite pin I have to do the trade. You can get No Fear again any day of the week.

2 weeks later
#14 2 years ago

I had a no fear and although it is one of the coolest looking pins imo... it was boring as hell for me. Monopoly is awesome. My wife and I can't stop playing it. Trade no fear for monopoly asap.

#15 2 years ago

I prefer No Fear. I've owned it twice... and sold it twice. I'll buy it again at a good price. Monopoly is a cool game. I'd own it again at the right price. I think Monopoly is more valuable. No Fear comes up for sale fairly often, at least in the Northeast. If it were a straight trade I'd do it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Midland, MI
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside